Author Topic: Got a "Thank You" to pass along.....  (Read 12002 times)

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
Got a "Thank You" to pass along.....
« on: September 11, 2006, 04:46:34 PM »
Just wanted to publicly thank Stef and Mike for keeping things going with a great new book, and terrific strips every week!

I also want to send out a personal note of thanks for my new avatar!   Great job!!  I love it!  I know I've said so privately, but I want to make sure everyone knows that it's your wonderful handiwork and kindness that has gifted it upon me!

Thanks so very much!!

Sincerely,
Bob - (aka Ted Stryker)

:)   |:)\

We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
Re: Got a "Thank You" to pass along.....
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 06:49:31 PM »
HA HA!  :D

Looks like Stefan captured you very (very, very) well!  ;)
I had to go back in the archives to your picture and to see where the Trekkie thing comes from, and it's AWESOME!
Perfect fit.

Kudos to Stef!   |:)\  |:)\  |:)\

Could this be a new character in the strips as well?
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »
It looks cartoon-avatars are all the rage here huh, now at least three new here, both Stryker's and Firegirl's new avatar is very cool!  |:)\
Ok mine isn't actually a bird, but at least it's a pilot, and I like his outfit too, have had a yellow shirt like that too, elegant and different at the same time, no idea where to get such a cap though.

Frank
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 06:54:33 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 06:58:44 PM »
HA HA!  :D

Looks like Stefan captured you very (very, very) well!  ;)
I had to go back in the archives to your picture and to see where the Trekkie thing comes from, and it's AWESOME!
Perfect fit.

Kudos to Stef!   |:)\  |:)\  |:)\

Could this be a new character in the strips as well?

It's almost spooky how well Stef was able to do that! :) :)

Stef did mention something about making it a character at some point, which, naturally, I'd love to see too :) :)

I like your new avatar too, firegirl!  Very cute... and animated too!!
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 07:02:09 PM »
It looks cartoon-avatars are all the rage here huh, now at least three new here, both Stryker's and Firegirl's new avatar is very cool!  |:)\
Ok mine isn't actually a bird, but at least it's a pilot, and I like his outfit too, have had a yellow shirt like that too, elegant and different at the same time, no idea where to get such a cap though.

Frank

I know I've seen your avatar's character somehwere.... I just can't place the name ... is it a Disney character??

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 07:06:35 PM »

I like your new avatar too, firegirl!  Very cute... and animated too!!

THANKS!

I was looking for something different since mine hasn't been working for some time. I wanted to get something
"fire-girl-ish" but when I found this one I just HAD to use it.
It fits the forum and is just soooooo cute! (like me, he he  ;) ;D )
That's exactly the way I dance ! !  HA HA
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 07:17:46 PM »
HA HA!!

Your new avatar is awesome Ted !!
Good work little bro !!
Hit the nail on the head!

Nice avatar too firegirl. I gotta find you and watch you dance now. I wanna see that !!  ;)  ;D

Hey Frank. I am not familiar with your avatar. Can there be a cartoon out there I don't know about?
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 07:49:33 PM »
Gasp! Could there be anyone out there that doesn't know Baloo and his Seaduck!?!? That's Baloo from Disney's 1990-91 tv-series TaleSpin (which also featured Shere Khan and Louie).

http://talespinsourcepage.i8.com/
http://talespinhq.com/
http://psc.disney.go.com/abcnetworks/toondisney/shows/talespin/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TaleSpin
http://www.talespin.co.uk/

The pc-game Crimson Skies always struck me, and at least one danish pc-game magazine reviewer, as TaleSpin with humans basically, at least in terms of how the world was and what era we were in, where planes and not cars made America! Sniff, brings a tear to ones right?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 08:41:24 PM »
Gasp! Could there be anyone out there that doesn't know Baloo and his Seaduck!?!? That's Baloo from Disney's 1990-91 tv-series TaleSpin (which also featured Shere Khan and Louie).

http://talespinsourcepage.i8.com/
http://talespinhq.com/
http://psc.disney.go.com/abcnetworks/toondisney/shows/talespin/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TaleSpin
http://www.talespin.co.uk/

The pc-game Crimson Skies always struck me, and at least one danish pc-game magazine reviewer, as TaleSpin with humans basically, at least in terms of how the world was and what era we were in, where planes and not cars made America! Sniff, brings a tear to ones right?

Frank

Ah!!!  Okay... I knew it was familiar from somewhere!!  It's been ages since I saw that one :) 

I have seen the ads for Crimson Skies, but have not yet played it.  I'll have to give that a whirl as well.

Firegirl....  I'm with Mike... one of these days we have to throw a Chicken Wings dance party some night at Oshkosh or something!  If we can get John Travolta up there with you, you could do that dance for us!  :)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 08:58:29 PM »
Ah, you made a second post before Firegirl posted, my response was for Mike (and of course jokingly in the start, I see I forgot to add a smilie to confirm that).

For the dance then don't forget to bring Julio and get him to do some Electric Boogie! (Please don't anyone ask what that is, I already feel old with all this grey hair :D)

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 02:25:32 AM »
what era we were in, where planes and not cars made America! Sniff, brings a tear to ones right?

Frank

Uh... you mean today?   (in Alaska)    ;)   It's hard for cars to compete when they can't get there!

About that "Electric Boogie...."    ;D

-Ryan
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 02:34:46 AM »
I also want to send out a personal note of thanks for my new avatar!   Great job!!  I love it!  I know I've said so privately, but I want to make sure everyone knows that it's your wonderful handiwork and kindness that has gifted it upon me!

I have to say, all the Avatar's they've created for people are great.  The Star Trek uniform, and the character in general for yours, however, just blow me away.
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 02:39:56 AM »

I have to say, all the Avatar's they've created for people are great.  The Star Trek uniform, and the character in general for yours, however, just blow me away.

What he said,  they are all amazing.  And well, I have nothing original too add, it's great work.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 09:49:03 AM »
Thank you guys for all the flattering remarks!!  |:)\

Actually Ted's avatar was not so hard, because he gave me a lot of ideas that I could choose from. I like the way it turned out though too!! It would surely be great to put this owl into a strip sometime... We'll see!

Oh, and I LOVE Firegirl's new avatar too!! Even better than the last one! Where do you find all these?

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 03:49:55 PM »
Check out my new Avitar  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

it's a resize of a pic I found on the net of a German Shepherd manning (dogging???) the Mini gun mounted in the door of a helicopter. I thought it approriate since My girlfriend and I rescue unwanted German Shepherds and I just thought it was cool  :D

Brian

Edit: here's the bigger shot

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:08:53 PM by BrianGMFS »

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."