Author Topic: Range extender---pee pee stories  (Read 20393 times)

fireflyr

Range extender---pee pee stories
« on: September 02, 2006, 03:00:47 PM »
This is a great one guys ;D
If you've been around aviation for a while you HAVE to have a pee story ::)
For instance, had a BLM right seater last year who had 2 hour kidneys (which poses a problem on 4 hour flights) and he would proceed to fill any empty container that was handy---if none were empty, he would drink whatever was available (water-soft drink) to empty a bottle which in turn REALLY shortened his endurance on the next leg and would sometimes cause a repeat performance! :P
Of couse, you sling wing drivers have readily available LZs so you don't share that problem--I believe.
I told a reporter one time that the most important preflight item I did when dispatched to a fire was to take a leak!

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Range extender---pee pee stories
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 04:24:22 PM »
I was a truck driver, and many of my 'brethren' would fill the bottles (no problem with that, we were allowed precious few places to park) and toss 'em out the window (BIG problem with that, especially when I got splattered while riding a motorcycle).
You can see 'em on the side of the road from time to time, and guys like that are making everyone else look bad.
I gave it up and now I follow 'em around for a living (after a stint of skinning knuckles on airplanes).
I guess the interesting story here would be the part about the motorcycle. I think the driver was a little dehydrated, if ya know
what I mean.

fireflyr

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 03:57:51 PM »
I was a truck driver, and many of my 'brethren' would fill the bottles (no problem with that, we were allowed precious few places to park) and toss 'em out the window (BIG problem with that, especially when I got splattered while riding a motorcycle).
You can see 'em on the side of the road from time to time, and guys like that are making everyone else look bad.
I gave it up and now I follow 'em around for a living (after a stint of skinning knuckles on airplanes).
I guess the interesting story here would be the part about the motorcycle. I think the driver was a little dehydrated, if ya know
what I mean.

What do you mean "follow'em around for a living"?
Are you in law enforcement |:)\?

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »
what I mean.

What do you mean "follow'em around for a living"?
Are you in law enforcement |:)\?

Private safety firm, and by invitation only. When you remove the 'Johnny Law' types acting as a revenue collector (by hook or by crook) then you can honestly have a go at promoting safety. I mostly look for the guys who tailgate, drive aggressively, etc.
Then I record them on video, along with a radar reading in case they're speeding too.
When I was offered the job, I was suffering in the hangar, trying to work on airplanes with a nasty case of arthritis eating up my
hips. It got to the point where I couldn't get under the panel to replace the vacuum filters on our Cessnas, or any number of other
tasks. Finally, I was just doing engine work and getting help for stuff in the cabin before the offer came.
I'm getting off topic now...

fireflyr

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 05:34:16 AM »
Excellent Velo! |:)\

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 07:41:20 AM »

Private safety firm, and by invitation only. When you remove the 'Johnny Law' types acting as a revenue collector (by hook or by crook) then you can honestly have a go at promoting safety. I mostly look for the guys who tailgate, drive aggressively, etc.
Then I record them on video, along with a radar reading in case they're speeding too.
When I was offered the job, I was suffering in the hangar, trying to work on airplanes with a nasty case of arthritis eating up my
hips. It got to the point where I couldn't get under the panel to replace the vacuum filters on our Cessnas, or any number of other
tasks. Finally, I was just doing engine work and getting help for stuff in the cabin before the offer came.

So what do you do with the videos etc?  Turn them to police?  Companies?

Do you go after guys just driving fast or only if they are doing something that looks unsafe?
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 03:47:44 PM »

So what do you do with the videos etc?  Turn them to police?  Companies?

Do you go after guys just driving fast or only if they are doing something that looks unsafe?

The videos go directly to the safety department of whichever company hired us.
Depending on what the safety guys want, I pick their drivers at random or I'll look for a specific
driver, then get an overview of the driver's habits.
Sometimes I will break off an observation if I see another driver from the same company
behaving in an unsafe manner.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 10:09:24 PM »
Ah, I was thinking you just started driving and filmed whatever truck picked your fancy, wasn't thinking company specific.  ;)

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 06:16:45 PM »
I have determined that 6' pilots can not use a pee bottle in a 150 in turbulence  :(   And it's called "Windy Pass" for a very good reason. ;)  I had to hold out long enough to get back to the airport, where I ended up watering the ramp.  At that point I didn't care who might be watching.   :P

Phil

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 11:30:35 PM »
I have determined that 6' pilots can not use a pee bottle in a 150 in turbulence  :(   And it's called "Windy Pass" for a very good reason. ;)  I had to hold out long enough to get back to the airport, where I ended up watering the ramp.  At that point I didn't care who might be watching.   :P

Phil

Hmm... some tubing and a collapsible container... probably end in disaster. Darnit.
I'd thought about running it outside, but I think corrosion would be a problem.

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 02:37:46 AM »

Phil

I TOLD you not to drink so much coffee  :D
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

fireflyr

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 04:13:49 AM »

Phil

Hmm... some tubing and a collapsible container... probably end in disaster. Darnit.
I'd thought about running it outside, but I think corrosion would be a problem.

I solved that problem one time by peeing in my coffee cup, cutting a short piece of O2 tubing and let it suction the cup dry out the vent window on a Navajo.    Had some yellow ice on the back window till I got to a lower altitude but that went away quickly---getting the coffee cup clean was my big concern! :D

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 08:00:24 PM »

Phil

I TOLD you not to drink so much coffee  :D

After 2 nights in a hot, bug filled cabin with 2 guys that snore on Redshirt lake, flying without coffee would have been far more dangerous.   ;)

I solved that problem one time by peeing in my coffee cup, cutting a short piece of O2 tubing and let it suction the cup dry out the vent window on a Navajo.    Had some yellow ice on the back window till I got to a lower altitude but that went away quickly---getting the coffee cup clean was my big concern!

Problem is the seat bottom angles slightly up in level flight, and no way to scoot up to the front edge, just not enough room.  Maybe with a tube out the belly like I hear glider pilots use. 

I think the remote airfield like one previous comic is the best option.

Anyone notice none of the ladies are chiming in here?  Of course I've notice that women seem to have 3 times the badder endurance of men any time I'm traveling by car, or camping, canoeing, boating etc.  Guys will take a leak every couple hours, the ladies will go all day without one!   :o

Phil

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 06:09:08 AM »

Anyone notice none of the ladies are chiming in here?  Of course I've notice that women seem to have 3 times the badder endurance of men any time I'm traveling by car, or camping, canoeing, boating etc.  Guys will take a leak every couple hours, the ladies will go all day without one!   :o

Phil

That seems backwards.  ;)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »
Phil

Hehehe! that's right! We have a secret here: when there isn't any wc on sight, we do not need to go to the loo! :) (well, it depends....when I went backpacking to india and nepal, any tree did his job!) But actually, I never had to go to the loo while flying by myself. And on my very first lesson I was given the advice to always go to the loo before flying, even if you do not feel the urgency. On the contrary, when I was a toddler I used to cross my legs on planes since I could not have imagined that aircrafts had loos (and I did not understand that other people were going to it)! Luckily enough I understood that loos existed before taking an atlantic flight!!! :) ;)

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.