Author Topic: Why I Want to Fly  (Read 6921 times)

Offline Master Yoda

Why I Want to Fly
« on: November 16, 2005, 08:48:37 PM »
Hey kids!  I'm new on this forum, but have spent quite a few hours on others.  I was fortunate enough to have an article recounting my experience at a local FBO posted on their website.  One of the things I'm doing is trying to share it with others, and in some small way, encourage those who have dreams of flying to pursue them. 

If you have the time, please check out the link below.  I welcome your comments, good and bad. 

Thanks,
Aaron

http://skylineaero.com/whyiwanttoflyarticle.html 
Hey!  What's a mountain goat doing up in this cloud bank?

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
Re: Why I Want to Fly
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 12:06:11 AM »
great read there, Aaron! and Welcome!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 12:15:56 AM »
since you posted a link here, Yoda, thought I'd join in with THIS it's from hurricane Rita that i posted on another board. look carefully and you'll find me having waaaayyyy toooo good a time! hurricane's poker and beer mmm hm. good times!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Master Yoda

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 02:31:18 PM »
I appreciate the comments!  A friend who flies at this FBO, and is currently finishing his Instrument Rating, first encouraged me to share it.  The president of the FBO was eager to add it to his site, and since, I've submitted it to several magazines and even gotten a reply from Flying's J. Mac McClellan saying "Thanks, but no thanks."

Oh, well.  Can't expect to strike gold on the first try.

I've since written an extended version of it.  If anyone is interested, email me and I'll be happy to send you a copy.  Hopefully it will one day make it to print.
Hey!  What's a mountain goat doing up in this cloud bank?

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 12:37:38 PM »
Just read your article and I liked it a lot! But don't let "thanks, but no thanks"-responses from magazines discourage you! Imagine how many times we've heard the same line when we were trying to dispose our comics!!!  :( I think you'd just have to write even more articles, send them to tons of magazines and be persistent. Hang on in there. Good things come to those who wait!  ;)