Author Topic: MS FS10 Demo with adventures at St. Maarten released  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
MS FS10 Demo with adventures at St. Maarten released
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:11:44 PM »
Well this is a new step for MSFS, first off there's a demo version for the first time in many many years, and now they're actively playing up that there are missions and adventures, seemingly marketing it as more of a game than a sim now. The demo is a little over 1/2 gb so a good internet connection is advised. Also, do not put graphics on high unless you got a Silicon Graphics cluster set-up or it'll give less than 1 fps.

Most of the controls are the same but they've added things like g-effects when looking in first-person view on the 3D cockpit and automatic cameras for the adventures etc. and now there are cars, boats, etc. as dynamic scenery as well as planes.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, I'm just diverting time and energy on figuring out how to improve the life situation for me and my mom, but it takes a lot of thought and checking to make sure nothing bad is overlooked so there won't be any bad surprises, but as long as things will be good then it's worth some time and effort of course.

Greetings to members new and old (I mean registration date, not physical age) |:)\
Frank
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 09:13:47 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mic

• Fledgling
Re: MS FS10 Demo with adventures at St. Maarten released
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 08:53:40 AM »
Yes I've downloaded and tried it ... as a frequent FS simmer, mostly for soaring.

No big difference between FS9 and FSX ... the water night textures are horrible. Some planes aren't really beautiful : have a look on the Cosmos Ultralight pilot's hand. When you move the stick , the arms stay fixed and the hands separate from the arm ... A lot of free FS9 add on were much more realistics.

I've tried to add FS9 aircrafts but they appears transparent ?? Most of the FS9 instruments (gauges) aren't working, excepted the XML ones.

So there is few improvements but, as usually, FS will become interesting only when freeware add on developpers (knowing what is aviation) would have release good freewares.

This is like real aircraft manufacturers : users always estimate they need to finish the plane building by themself after having bought it !
A good landing allows pilot to walk out
An excellent landing allows the plane to fly again

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 09:00:14 AM »
Sorry I haven't been posting much, I'm just diverting time and energy on figuring out how to improve the life situation for me and my mom, but it takes a lot of thought and checking to make sure nothing bad is overlooked so there won't be any bad surprises, but as long as things will be good then it's worth some time and effort of course.

Take your time, Frank, and no worries. We miss your posts, but we will be even happier to know that your situation is improving and you all are well!!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 01:41:41 AM »
So just under the link to download the demo... http://www.microsoft.com/games/home/photosensitive_warning.aspx
I guess they have to put disclaimer there... but it's just interesting that this would even be an issue. Like that Simpsons episode when they go to Japan... Battling Seizure Robots.
Some anime that would flash images on the screen and everyone would fall to the floor and start convulsing.  :D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 01:43:36 AM by Callisto »
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 03:25:44 AM »
Any one else havig issues with the demo?
I installed it, and played the Flour Bombing... but the Visual approch with the CRV7000 I had no visual in the Cockpit view. Makes it kinda difficult to make a visual approch!  :D
Other views are fine. And the cockpit view in the Trike is ok... weird?
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Mic

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 11:28:01 AM »
Yes I've encountered the same trouble with 3D cockpit views, I have the panel but not the outside view through windscreen.
A good landing allows pilot to walk out
An excellent landing allows the plane to fly again

Offline kkrummy1

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 06:54:03 PM »
Hi Gang,

Downloaded and installed on my FS system (2.8gig,  768Mb ram, Nvidia 512meg graphics card) and it ran fine.  Small glitches in the video that I'm sure will be taken care of in the final version, or service pack 1 :-).  I really liked the night ocean textures.....   I'll probably buy it like I have all the rest of them.  I did manage to move my Carendo 182rg over and fly in under FSX.  Some missing guages but the rest worked well.  Clouds were much better also.  My frame rates were bouncing from 8 to 20 with most of the sliders all the way up.

KK