Author Topic: Explanation  (Read 13540 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Explanation
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 07:38:48 AM »

Ah my little Bond-girl Begonia,
As you know, Cleanliness is next to Godliness and as a landlord, I NEVER hand over a property that is not clean enough for me to live in----and I'm a clean freak!
Things that will help cleanup are bleach, and white vinegar (white vinegar cuts nasty dirt without damaging the carpets, etc.)  I do not envy you your cleanup chore but be brave and we shall give you moral support!  ;D   YOur landlord must be a swine for giving you such a dirty place and you should complain to some higher authority about the situation---there are laws about such things!

Ha!  You have 707 posts!

Anyway, I agree that usually landlords clean their property.  That's the only way they have a leg to stand on if you try to leave it a mess!

Are there laws in Britain about it though?   Crazy Brits... ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

fireflyr

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 07:58:07 AM »

Ah my little Bond-girl Begonia,
As you know, Cleanliness is next to Godliness and as a landlord, I NEVER hand over a property that is not clean enough for me to live in----and I'm a clean freak!
Things that will help cleanup are bleach, and white vinegar (white vinegar cuts nasty dirt without damaging the carpets, etc.)  I do not envy you your cleanup chore but be brave and we shall give you moral support!  ;D   YOur landlord must be a swine for giving you such a dirty place and you should complain to some higher authority about the situation---there are laws about such things!

Ha!  You have 707 posts!

Anyway, I agree that usually landlords clean their property.  That's the only way they have a leg to stand on if you try to leave it a mess!

Are there laws in Britain about it though?   Crazy Brits... ;)
HA yourself, at your current average of 13 per day you will soon catch up. 8)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006, 10:26:16 PM »
Day One: I did during the first day of lesson all the program I had already done in Switzerland, plus other things. I'm completely knocked out tonight! :) and following your advise, Fireflyr, I bought white vinegar :) when walking back home. but this morning, before leaving, I also gave a call to the person who's renting the flat and told him to clean up the shower since it's ...mushrooms'Eden! But I've to be honest, Mates, even if tired, I'm having fun! :) :)
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2006, 05:20:06 AM »
Day One: I did during the first day of lesson all the program I had already done in Switzerland, plus other things. I'm completely knocked out tonight! :) and following your advise, Fireflyr, I bought white vinegar :) when walking back home. but this morning, before leaving, I also gave a call to the person who's renting the flat and told him to clean up the shower since it's ...mushrooms'Eden! But I've to be honest, Mates, even if tired, I'm having fun! :) :)

If you're knocked out how are you typing.   ;D    Sorry, couldn't help it!

Mushrooms?  So that'll be something for you to add to pasta, no?  ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"