Author Topic: Airventure photo overload  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
Airventure photo overload
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:39:52 PM »
Ha ha! Nice to know that I'm an inspiration to somebody! This year was the first time I had my laptop with me at Airvenutre, and that I didn't have to worry about filling up the camera's RAM... I emptied it every night, thus leading to my "shoot first and ask questions later" policy for the week!  :D

It's a good thing you guys didn't know that I pulled my camcirder out of mothballs and brought it to various Sonex and Sonex-related parties at Airventure. I have great footage of some Sonex company personnel and friends making colorful but unlikely suggestions about what they will do with said camera (often related to inserting it in an oriface on a duck not intended for camera storage) if I didn't point it somewhere else. Not to mention capturing myself getting nipped at by a cat...

TM

P.S. Jury duty starting today... I think I'd rather listen to a management lecture by Hans...
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

fireflyr

Re: Airventure photo overload
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »
HE---there's a lot of truth in humor---I've done excess shooting with my film camera and had storage problems during fire season--=I too am getting a digital. ;)

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 10:38:40 PM »
Fun fascinating fact: I bought a bunch of videotapes on clearance at Airventure two weeks ago (one merchandise tent was selling them for $2 a piece while the main stores like the Sky Shoppe and Wearhouse were selling them for full price... it pays to shop around the EAA shops), and was just watching the 1985 Airventure (it wasn't called that then) tape... and they mentioned that the event used the most film out of any other single event in the world! So Chuck is in good company, for once... but he really ought to go digital!

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 11:29:01 PM »
HA HA!

That's an interesting fact. So once again we can call our work "based on true stories/events" . . . ;D

(my boss gets kinda bent everytime there is a Hans-Joke 'cause he thinks it all about him , teh heh... ;D)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

fireflyr

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 06:17:55 AM »
HA HA!

That's an interesting fact. So once again we can call our work "based on true stories/events" . . . ;D

(my boss gets kinda bent everytime there is a Hans-Joke 'cause he thinks it all about him , teh heh... ;D)

Just because he's fat, has a big nose, and is named Franz makes him paranoid, huh?

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 03:49:27 AM »
Don't forget the rechargeable batteries.... or you'll have the same situation, but heavier ;)

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 03:12:01 PM »
Remember... it's not paranoia if they REALLY ARE out to get you!   ;D  ;D  ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 03:17:11 AM »
Hmmm....where did you get a pic of me trying to get home after Reno '99 :P  Twenty SIX rolls of 35mm film....36 exposure rolls...plus the video.......

Great strip :P
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 05:00:33 AM »
Hmmm....where did you get a pic of me trying to get home after Reno '99 :P  Twenty SIX rolls of 35mm film....36 exposure rolls...plus the video.......

Great strip :P

HA HA, good one Cj5

Like we always say.... our strips are not invented, merely "observed and brought to paper"!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.