Author Topic: Explanation  (Read 13488 times)

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
Explanation
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:33:39 PM »
Hi all of you!

I think it is time to explain my long absence from this forum:

In the last weeks, months already, my college and I had to create a PART 145 maintenance organisation for helicopters. As you may imagine, this is not done over night. There are tough regulations to follow and fulfil (to hum who is interested: regulation of the European commission 2042/2003, annex II, Part 145). Finally all has to be presented to the authority.  :P

My task was to write the MOE, the Maintenance Organisation Exposition, the quality-handbook and get it accepted by the authority. In this book I had to state the scope of our intended work and the process how we follow the given regulations. This book has to be accepted by the authority first. Than we hat to find a suitable hangar and fit this with all benches, tools, books and necessary equipment. Than this has to be accepted by the authority.  :-X

Well, my college and I we made it so far. Mid of July we received our approval certificate with the number AT.145.068 for Bell 206, R 22 and R44.  ;D Other types of helicopters are planed to be entered into our scope of work. Until Christmas I should make it possible to work on Bell 407, Bell 212, Agusta109 too.  ;)

Next step now is to start operation in Dubai, UAE. This is scheduled for mid of September. Our next tasks bill be the shipment of two helos (Bell 206, 407) to Dubai via ship and container. So the packing starts.

Therefore I will not have too much time to surf in this forum. I will glance in now and then. Whish you all the best so far  :-*

Roland
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Explanation
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 06:23:41 AM »
A huge load of work, I see!  |:)\  :) And a great accomplishment :)  |:)\
It's nice to have you back and keep us posted when you have some time!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 04:50:32 PM »
seems like one of us has gone playing with the big boys now, huh?!  ;)

Will you have internet in Dubai?!
(that's the real important question)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 07:17:16 AM »
Sure we will have Internet there. Right now our homepage is crap, but for the moment we have far too much to do than taking care of the homepage.

Now we are in the process to get our approved maintenance organisation accepted by the GCAA in Dubai. Not so easy task. There are three books to be accepted:

• the maintenance organisation exposition (MOE),
    the continued airworthiness organisation exposition (CAME) and
    the flight operation manual (FOM).

All professional drivers and mechs here in this forum will know ether one of those books. In general one gets one of those books to read and sign. We have to create such books. And get them accepted. Well, this is all done

One aircraft (Bell 407) is ready to be packed into a container right now. The other one still has jobs to fly.

Offline Mic

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 08:00:41 AM »
Aow Rolland, I can imagine the work done ... and coming as I've participated several times to JAR-145 and next Part145 maintenance organisation approval process, writing MOE and receiving Authorities to get the approval ... and later to maintain it !

Recently I've written a MTOE (Maintenance Training Organisation Exposition) for PART147 approval, first in my previous occupation (airline) and now in the school I'm in charge of.

That's a huge work and I wish you the best !

I suppose the CAME is to get the Part M/G approval too ?

I hope GCAA is more comprehensive than French Authority !!  :D

A good landing allows pilot to walk out
An excellent landing allows the plane to fly again

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 08:30:58 AM »
Mercy beaucoup. C’et vrais, beaucoup de travails.

At Diamond Aircraft Industries I had to create the training manuals for the DA 40 and DA 42 with the target getting them approved for the Part 147 training department. I did not write the MTOE, but did the cross-reading.

I’ve worked a little in France (far too little, but things can change), in Nancy with Proteus Helicopteres and found the colleges there complaining about the French authority. Well, they are part of EASA so the rules are the same one should think.

You are right, CAME has to do with Part M subpart G. It is in power since September last year for all commercial operators. But I can tell you, only a few of those operators know all about CAMO/CAME.

We will see, how the GCAA will act. Now we have to translate the FOM into English since this book is in German. But I’ll let you know how they do.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »
Hehehe... Almost sounds like in the thread "Aviation Abbreviation Contest" in here!  ;D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 02:10:03 PM »
Hi Roland, nice to hear from you again. Best wishes for good work that will be accepted without problems  |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »
Hehehe... Almost sounds like in the thread "Aviation Abbreviation Contest" in here!  ;D

LOL!  My POH on ABRVS says that TBMOH on the POH is equal to TBMOH / TTC  where TTC = Time to Comprehend :)

|:)\
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

fireflyr

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »

LOL!  My POH on ABRVS says that TBMOH on the POH is equal to TBMOH / TTC  where TTC = Time to Comprehend :)

WHOA!   Stryker, you are confusing! :o

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 02:40:54 PM »

WHOA!   Stryker, you are confusing! :o

Just having some fun with the alphabet soup flying around here... pun intended :)

TBMOH = Time Between Major OverHauls, and POH is, of course, Pilot's Operating Handbook   :)
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

fireflyr

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 08:18:15 AM »
Surely, you must know I was kidding :-\ (OK, there's your lead ;D)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 07:03:47 PM »
Will you have internet in Dubai?!
(that's the real important question)

Mates, as Roland goes to Dubai, I will relocate next week to London during almost two months to follow a course. During these last day I unfortunately did not have a lot of time to spend into the forum, since I was lookig for an inexpesive flat there, and I just went to London for a short trip to sort something out (and came home without anything sorted out....). Yesterday I finally found a flat on the internet. Since it's near hyde park, has free internet connection and does cost almost nil compared to the prices in london, I imagine that I will be living in an incredible small thing  that, if it ever really has internet (one of the reason I chose it, plus the fact it's located near the park where I could go running....), it will surely be located on the lower floor, without windows, given the fact they can't be included into the price!! the good thing is that, when I come back from the courses at evening, I will have the chance to keep posting.....see how much pretty addicted to the coop I'm?!?!  ;D ;D
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »
Have fun Happy and as Stef says, Keep The Blue Side Up  |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 05:00:26 AM »
it will surely be located on the lower floor, without windows, given the fact they can't be included into the price!!

You know... with a big hammer you could make your own windows! After all what is a security deposit for anyway!  ;D

Have a good time in London Happy!
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.