Author Topic: Interesting Photo  (Read 118175 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Interesting Photo
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2006, 01:33:02 PM »
I can't remember if I posted this before, but after that visual scrambler there I'd like to present some eye-candy  |:)\
A truly awesome airplane with an equally impressive paintjob, and it's actually got a danish registration! I never knew there were any of those here and certainly not looking so amazing!

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0299310/L/

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline fliboye

« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2006, 02:23:15 AM »
why are they all moving in different directions and which rudder should I use to stop them ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I got into aviation because it was fun now I'm stuck cause I need the money ;-))))

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2006, 09:33:25 AM »
Oh, man is that weird! Optical illusions are pretty cool like that.

Hey Zaffex... send me an email when you can.  I have a question for you that probably is too detailed for the forums.

Thanks!

Bob... aka Ted_Stryker... Chicken Wings Forum "Chicken Farmer"
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2006, 03:41:49 AM »
OK Stef... maybe not as cool as yours... but this is pretty weird.
View full screen and watch the whole thing for best effect.
http://www.break.com/index/cool_optical_illusion.html

And yes I know this isn't a "photo" and this should be in the "Interesting Video" thread... but Stef started it!!!  ;D
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2006, 09:34:08 AM »
What? This is even cooler! Wow!! How can you watch it full screen though?!

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2006, 10:33:28 AM »
View full screen and watch the whole thing for best effect.
http://www.break.com/index/cool_optical_illusion.html

And yes I know this isn't a "photo" and this should be in the "Interesting Video" thread... but Stef started it!!!  ;D

Oh my god that is awesome :D
Definetly one of the best things

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2006, 02:26:56 PM »
What? This is even cooler! Wow!! How can you watch it full screen though?!

Double click on the video when it starts playing. That should make it full screen.
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »
Callisto, it depends on what are you using!
Media player or Macromedia Flash.
IF media player - double click
If Flash - there is a small button on the right bottom of the player (looks like 2 windows) click that!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2006, 04:48:49 PM »
I was reading the italian magazine volare today, and I found an article related to the pictures that Phtlijynx posted. you probably know, but this was a B767 that went from NY to Los Angeles. during the flight the PIC informed of an anomaly of left engine. During the start up (it seems at least that's the translation that should be given), at 90% a compressor of high pressure detached from the turbofan, destroying the fuselage, causing fire and ending up in the external revestiment of another engine....
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2006, 07:39:47 PM »
D'OH!... yes FB... I had the site remember that I prefer Media Player awhile back (I get bored at work often) and forgot the other player was an option...

Stef - Do what FlyingBlind said  ;D

fireflyr

« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2006, 11:42:36 PM »
WOWOWOWEEE!!!!
Can anybody say Flashback ;D
Like returning to my college days and the naughty things we tried :-\

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2006, 12:45:57 AM »
Yeaah, i just had a deja vu :P
Once upon a time, under the blankets of the promqueen  :-[ ;D

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2006, 04:25:22 AM »
I was reading the italian magazine volare today, and I found an article related to the pictures that Phtlijynx posted. you probably know, but this was a B767 that went from NY to Los Angeles. during the flight the PIC informed of an anomaly of left engine. During the start up (it seems at least that's the translation that should be given), at 90% a compressor of high pressure detached from the turbofan, destroying the fuselage, causing fire and ending up in the external revestiment of another engine....

It's gotta be pretty scary when those engines come apart.  I always liked watching the Discovery Channel after the 777 came out and they had the documentary about making the airplane.  The slow motion footage of chickens (Chuck, look away) being shot into the engine and the blade failure test was fascinating.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2006, 07:37:50 AM »
It's gotta be pretty scary when those engines come apart.  I always liked watching the Discovery Channel after the 777 came out and they had the documentary about making the airplane.  The slow motion footage of chickens (Chuck, look away) being shot into the engine and the blade failure test was fascinating.

they take chicken and throw them inside an engine to see what happens?!?!? to see the result of a flight inside a "flocks of birds"?...or better, the result of a "flock of birds" inside the engine?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 08:47:36 AM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2006, 03:11:54 PM »
Reminds me of the true incident that happened when the Russians were starting their own windshield strength tests.  Time after time that they tried this, using turkeys, they would smash through the glass without a problem!  Even the windows manufactured by suppliers that were certified and strength rate approved had the same result!

Finally, the Russians called up NASA to ask again about the test parameters.... when asked to detail out what they were doing, the NASA guys realized what was wrong.

The response given to the Russians.....  "Thaw the turkey first!"   ::) :o ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!