Author Topic: Interesting Photo  (Read 118216 times)

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
Re: Interesting Photo
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2006, 10:01:05 PM »
Stef I looked at the video and it 1.5MB just a little big and I don't have a program to make it smaller.  To describe the video it shows two guys drinking beer and fishing.  Then very slowly a Catalina flying boat comes into view heading straight for them.  Has a good ending so I won't ruin I'll keep trying to find a link to the video.
WOW I did that!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2006, 10:08:41 PM »
Aaahhh, that one! The intro to that movie there, whatsitsname, yeah that's funny, and some good flying :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2006, 01:43:22 AM »
That guy was banned from France. ;D

Hell, that's a good thing!

Jim

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2006, 02:38:43 AM »
I see I can't attach the eiffel.mov due to the last name but I just remembered another wild video. Have you all seen the show Mythbusters, here shown on Discovery. They tried to test a myth about a taxi blown over by driving behind a jet taking off and they had to use Hollywood windmachines since the 737 airliner got cold feet due to insurance, at least I hink it was a 737, but basically the car came close to tipping but not quite but I can't remember if they called it busted or not but it can happend. The english car-show Top Gear destroyed a perfectly good Ford Mondeo (those rotten... I could've used it, seriously, heck it's a dreamcar of mine) by driving it behind 1, one! 747 engine and it got was hurled like a baseball in a major league game. I now found a mpg, just under 1 mb, appearently part of a instructional video for airport crew, where a firetruck, yes truck, is pulled behind a 747, and dude is that truck blown away litterally!  :o

If anyone hasn't seen it and want to just ask (to the best of my knowledge it's not illegal to share that clip, and I hope I'm right).
Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G_Stratton

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2006, 05:41:40 PM »

No comments...

Wasn't this a scene from the movie Lords of War?

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »
Okay, since we're within our providers bandwith limit, I just lifted the limit to 2.0 MB, and you can also add mov files now! So bring it on!  :)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »
I guess raising the limit was the reason the forum was 404 (internet-code for: not found/available) a short while ago, I was concerned it'd been hacked or something.
Ok here goes, I think the names speak for themselves.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2006, 10:25:17 PM »
Strange, it won't accept eiffel.mov as a valid format. Maybe it's a simple spelling-mistake in the filter?

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2006, 02:58:19 AM »
That truck vid is impressive Frank.  I saw that mythbusters and I believ they called it plausibe since they did move the car.  Okay lets see if I can mine to work now.
WOW I did that!

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2006, 02:01:41 AM »
That's from Always.  Excellent movie.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2006, 05:33:53 AM »
That truck vid is impressive Frank.  I saw that mythbusters and I believ they called it plausibe since they did move the car.  Okay lets see if I can mine to work now.

I totally think it's plausible. I was at an airshow once (I think my brother was with me as well) where they put a VW Bus behind an AV-8 Harrier at the end of the runway where he lined up for a "normal" take-off (not one of his hover ones, they rarely let them do this in Austria 'cause they have to have special tarmacs which don't melt underneath). When the Harrier went full throttle to take off, the VW flipped 8 times like a little leaf in the wind. It was cool!!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2006, 09:19:50 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it specially with some of those small foreign cars that a couple of guys can roll over.  I don't think a jet would have a problem.
WOW I did that!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2006, 12:40:37 AM »
Insane! http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1023918/L/

Btw I read that a russian display-team had been grounded due to some manouvre, any idea what that was? I think it was a Fulcrum or Flanker team, not a civlian team.

This one is nice too :)  http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0421834/L/

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2006, 10:14:43 PM »
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2006, 10:48:56 PM »
Almost as close as Maverick got to his Mig !! ;)
 ;D (I am such a Nerd)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.