Author Topic: NEW CONTEST !!  (Read 30310 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
NEW CONTEST !!
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:40:04 PM »
Hi Everybody!

Let’s have another contest!

I was sharing funny pictures with my friend Mary who flies “Jumper 25”, one of the Twin Otters for the Smoke Jumpers. She showed me this picture which looks like a Chicken Wings cartoon. It’s a real picture of a real adventure but I will leave out the details for the sake of this contest. You just can’t help but wonder what happened, right?!

Here’s the contest!
Let’s see your funny lines again!

What we want to see is:
What is this guy saying on the phone?

Here is how it will go down:
Stef and I will pick the line we think is the funniest and most original and the winner will receive a surprise Chicken Wings t-shirt that is not in our online shop yet at the end of August. We’ll keep this contest running until August 15th so make sure to write us a funny line!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 05:59:04 PM by Mike »
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: NEW CONTEST !!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 06:42:53 PM »
...and here the picture:

What is this guy saying on the phone?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 06:20:28 PM by Mike »

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 06:52:08 PM »
HA HA!!

How about:

"Uhm...Hans, I think we have a problem with our aircraft..."
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:52:39 PM »
I'm not at my hottest but I'll give it a shot:

Chuck is calling home to Roost Air: Uhm Julio, did I remember to give you that sqawk last week about the.... oh wait, nevermind it's still in my pocket.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 09:05:08 PM »
"Yeah, I know.... I told Chuck this was not what was meant by flying under the hood!"

We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 09:17:06 PM »
From the maintenance world:
"Your plane will be ready by 2 o'clock."

Ok so I "borrowed" the line from the "Greatest Lies in Aviation!" thread... but I thought it was good.
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 09:33:52 PM »
Oh, by the way guys:
You can post more than once. Everytime you think of something, go ahead and post!!

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 10:42:32 PM »
Thank you for calling deHaviland Canada... to leave product feedback, press 1... to order replacemant airframe parts, press 2...
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 10:47:34 PM »
Chuck: "Julio, it's me, Chuck!  That was one of the shortest runways I've ever landed on!  But you should see how  W I D E  it is!!"

Julio: *Click*
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 10:50:53 PM »
Hello... Boss.... yeah.... remember that scene in Jurasic Park II... no the other one, with the King Air... yeah, like that except without the dinosaurs, the life and death overtones of getting your kid off an island, and the cute billionair's wife...
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 10:52:06 PM »
Please... 'o  please, accept the charges....   

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 10:56:19 PM »
Man... if I have to go back in there and look for more quarters under the seat cushions, I'm not going to be happy....

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 11:03:58 PM »
Sheesh... one little comment about my luck flying rugby teams and everyone drives off in the crew van and strands me out here...

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 11:41:24 PM »
"Yes, is this the maintenance department?
I have a squawk on the left wing...."
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 11:55:25 PM »
Hello? Is this the "lost and found" department?