Author Topic: check this out guys !!  (Read 8853 times)

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Re: check this out guys !!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 06:19:46 AM »
Actually, we've taken to calling him/her/it 'Mater', like as in tomater, but without the toe. (from Cars).
Due date is approx. March 26, and Mater has a seat reserved on our plane.  ;D

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 10:51:29 AM »
Congratulations Jim!!! (Or is it Jym?)

On the bottom we're going to do some cartoon characters like Snoopy and Winnie the Pooh, but I think in the sky I want to have Chuck flying something. Is that ok with you guys? I promise to take a pic and post it if/when the wifey lets me do it. (I think she will, she's helping build the 801)

If you pay for the flight ticket and the colors, I'll come and paint your room for free!  :)

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 01:29:25 PM »

On the bottom we're going to do some cartoon characters like Snoopy and Winnie the Pooh, but I think in the sky I want to have Chuck flying something. Is that ok with you guys? I promise to take a pic and post it if/when the wifey lets me do it. (I think she will, she's helping build the 801)

If you pay for the flight ticket and the colors, I'll come and paint your room for free!  :)

Not sure if I could afford that, but I appreciate the offer. I think I'm going to enlarge a drawing, and use it to carbon-transfer to the
wall, then do the outline and color it in from there. I don't copy well freehand. Some of the other cartoon Mrs Velo wants to do
have vinyl stickers available, which is great, but I'm still willing to put in a little effort to get Chuck and the guys up there.

fireflyr

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 04:03:54 PM »

Not sure if I could afford that, but I appreciate the offer. I think I'm going to enlarge a drawing, and use it to carbon-transfer to the
wall, then do the outline and color it in from there. I don't copy well freehand. Some of the other cartoon Mrs Velo wants to do
have vinyl stickers available, which is great, but I'm still willing to put in a little effort to get Chuck and the guys up there.

Which brings up a new subject---how about Chuck stickers similar to the one on Capt Chuck's helicopter being made and offered for sale, my airplane and pickup truck would both sport one ;D ???

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 04:48:45 PM »
Which brings up a new subject---how about Chuck stickers similar to the one on Capt Chuck's helicopter being made and offered for sale, my airplane and pickup truck would both sport one ;D ???

I completely agree on this subject  |:)\ |:)\ |:)\
So, what about the stickers? I won't be able to put them in the aircraft since it's not mine, but why not on car?!?
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 06:05:05 AM »
Hmmm...Chicken wings stickers...I've always thought that big white expanse on the taill of tundra toy needed something.  How about one of chuck in a parka?  8)

Phil

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 03:20:10 AM »
Okay! Can be done!!

There are a few people already sporting the "Capt. Chuck" sticker on their cars and planes. We have them!
I have no idea why I never thought of selling them  :-[
Proofs we're doing this because we love it and not just for the money, huh?!?!  ;D

We are working on updating the pilot shop as our next project as soon as the first order rush subsides.
I'll make sure I'll get them in there !!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006, 02:54:59 AM »
Congrats, Velo!

How about Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel and Chuck in the 172 in formation on the wall?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 05:16:20 AM »
Congrats, Velo!

How about Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel and Chuck in the 172 in formation on the wall?

Actually, I had something like that in mind. It'll take a little while (I'm away from home a lot) but when
we get crackin' on it, I'll take lots of pics.