Author Topic: New book!  (Read 6015 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
New book!
« on: July 11, 2006, 11:49:54 AM »
Hello boys and girls! We finally did it and completed our new book!! Now you know why we weren't participating much here in the forum lately. Mike was (and still is) in the wilderness fighting fires. Whenever he had some spare time on his hands he would use it for proofreading or similar Chicken Wings related activities. And I have been living the life of a cave dweller recently. Although the weather is quite beautiful recently, I have been spending every minute in front of the drawing table, but mostly in front of the computer. I have even missed the world cup finals on Sunday when Mike and I were tinkering with the last bits and pieces!

So, now it is ready and you can preorder it! I guess it isn't hard to notice when you look at our main page. I can't wait until we finnaly receive the shipment from our printer! But it's still some weeks to go, because you wouldn't expect how much work still goes in a book from being ready until it runs of the printing press!

We wanted to put in more, but there will be only two cameo appearences of forum characters in the book. We promise to put in more next time! If you have any more questions or comments, shoot me!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: New book!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 11:58:43 AM »
"Frank takes aim" Congratulations on the book, looking forward to buying it, if it's as good as the first one then that money is more than well-spent  |:)\

I hope you got a good ventilation system down there though Stef since we're having a minor heatwave here and I for one am cooking at my desk/computer working on my programming and game-projects, and often just that, just cooking, not really working since I'm too hot/weak to work and that's not really healthy.

Greetings
Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »
Thanks Frank! And yes, it's very hot here too! I don't have air condition, but at least a fan... You're right, that the heat is not very beneficial for productivity! I try to go running almost every evening, so I just get a little bit of excercise and work hard until late at night to compensate the daytime slugishness....

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 03:57:24 PM »
Congrats guys!!! My order is on it's way...
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 05:32:34 PM »
Wooooow! Congrats mates! I can't wait to read it........So,I already passed the order for me and Steepturn!
Given the surely hard work and given the conditions you were working lately, now, sure as hell, you deserve a vacation!

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 07:28:39 PM »
Thanks everybody!
I am very excited about the new book. I can honestly say it turned out better than the first one.
I also really like the cover!! It keeps me cracking up....he he....

Oh, and no complaining about the heat in any forum I am part of please!

You guys should try out Las Vegas, Mesquite, or Panaca for a couple of days. In Mesquite we had already 104 degrees Farenheit (do the math!) at 0800 in the morning (in the shade) when I was crawling underneath the instrument panel to change out the directional gyro....
When I was done at around 1000....it warmed up to a comfortable 114 degrees....
And no, there is no AC in the helicopter.
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 09:03:43 PM »
I was just wondering.......the book cover, with Chuck standing near a bike with Sally, isn't a caricature of top gun?!?!?!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 09:22:14 PM »
Ah I just saw it on the front page now after reading happy's post, wow! That definately screams Top Gun, and it's cool too (I can just kick myself for not keeping my big Tomcat-like model from Action Force when I was a kid (G.I.Joe)).

Sorry about talking about heat Mike, but I'd still love to get over there from here, it's just one of the downsides but the upsides should more than make up for it I think.

I was wondering, will there be any double signed versions available like last time? ;)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 09:31:38 PM »
(I can just kick myself for not keeping my big Tomcat-like model from Action Force when I was a kid (G.I.Joe)).

Ohoh, Frank! that's a real jump in the past! I never had GIJoe as present when younger, but Barbie. but it actually happened that I was always playing with them (and doing the Cobras) with my brother!! I had completely forgotten the name! Good ol' memories!  |:)\

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 09:50:50 PM »
Thanks to all you guys who already ordered! I can't even keep up with the confirmation emails! So please bear with me for a few hours or a day or so. No order will get lost!

I was just wondering.......the book cover, with Chuck standing near a bike with Sally, isn't a caricature of top gun?!?!?!

Haha!! You bet it is! Just that we replaced the F-14 with a Cessna and the Motorbike with a scooter...  ;D

When I was done at around 1000....it warmed up to a comfortable 114 degrees....
And no, there is no AC in the helicopter.

But hey, you've got a really huge fan on top. It can't be that bad! Just open up the sunroof!  ;) ;D

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 11:00:33 PM »
A NEW BOOK !!!   YAY!!  |:)\

I shall order a few right away!!

I LOVE the Top Gun / Chicken Wings cover!!
(don't wanna brag, but I saw it right away....he he no offense Happy ;))

You guys should make a poster of the cover and use the same writing as in the Top Gun poster.
Maybe even the Top-Gun font... (or would that be a copyright issue???)
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 06:31:54 AM »
(don't wanna brag, but I saw it right away....he he no offense Happy ;))

HEHE! I was not so fast!  |:)\ |:)\ I needed some time to think. What got me "en route" to discovery was the "sexy position" of Sally (if ever a chick can be sexy!), so near to Chuck, with her arms resting on his shoulder. It could not be a case. then, I remembered Top Gun and the bikes. And (even if it's unexcusable) it makes years I'm not watching it.