Author Topic: Buyin' a house, buyin' a house, buyin' a house, hey-hey-hey-hey!  (Read 14380 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Buyin' a house, buyin' a house, buyin' a house, hey-hey-hey-hey!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2006, 07:44:04 AM »
Well, my wife and I flew up there last Friday and looked at the house again.  We'll be buying the house, provided the homeowner fixes everything that's wrong.  We're having a mold inspector go through the attic, clean what mold there is, and make sure there's no more that isn't seen.  After that's all finished, it should be a pretty nice place to live.   :)  We'll be closing on the house Aug. 10, closing on escrow on the 16th.  We decided to stick around Fargo until the 5th, but we'll still need to stay at the cabin for a couple of weeks.  Not really a bad deal.   :)

Will it be enough to clean the mold or they also have to set some major repairs to the structure not to let the mold form again?!?
When will it be ready?
I ignore how the weather is in Fargo, since my geography's knowledge is quite limited :(. But, if there is as hot as here il Lugano, you probably are going to have a nice time in the cabin near the river.  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:06:39 AM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 10:21:18 AM »
I hope you're right, congratulations on the new house, see you at the BBQ, and don't worry, I'll be arriving by car :D In all seriousness then a meeting could be great, this forum has really brought out some of the best people around, from all different parts of the world and that's a great balance to all the dumb/evil/reckless people you see in the news all the time, which is why I don't watch tv btw.

|:)\ |:)\ |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 12:59:53 PM »
COOL Gulf!
Sounds like you got the ducks in a row----glad it's working out.
If you have any more vent problems you might have them install an attic fan (some really good solar ones available for about 400 bucks) and make sure insulation isn't blocking the eave vents.
J

fireflyr

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2006, 06:55:47 PM »
HEY Gulf,
What's goin' on with the house ???

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »
Hi Gulf, best mold prevention I've seen is a HRV (heat recovery ventilation).

Here's a company that makes some residential size units.  Very popular on new homes here in Alaska.
http://www.lifebreath.com/life.htm

Hope it works out!
Phil

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 04:19:12 PM »
Well, we're in!  Sorry about not updating, but we've been without internet for 2 weeks.  We just got hooked up today.

The move went very well.  We left Fargo on the 7th, stayed at the cabin for a couple of days and closed on the house on the 10th.  We moved all of our stuff in Friday the 11th and slept here Saturday. 

So far, we've cleaned up the house and put most of our stuff away, but we still have boxes all over.  My wife has been busy cleaning up her band room, so I've been babysitting most of the time along with trying to start a flight school with Bear Aviation (shameless plug).  I've also got an interview with Marvin Windows today to fly right seat in their Beech 1900. 

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.  I'll upload some pictures here in the next few days.  Hope everyone's well, and it's nice to be back on the forum.   :)
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 04:22:10 PM »
Welcome back to the forum and happy to know you're well in your new house! Good luck with all the unpacking and all the related things!  :) :)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2006, 11:05:18 PM »
I know this is an older thread but:

WE'RE BUYIN' a HOUSE, HEY-HEY-HEY-HEY!!!  ;D

and NO (!) it doesn't have a helipad! (you could land one behind the backyard though because there is a huge empty lot there.....)
The loan and everything is approved and we will be officially in debt for a long looooong time by Oct. 16th...
(I am gonna need so sell A LOT of CW books to make up for this one.... better not quit my day-job)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2006, 11:19:49 PM »
Sweet!  Congrats!!!!
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »
Wow, really pretty house to look at. You might be in debt but if the quality matches the looks then it'll be worth it  |:)\

Frank
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 11:54:20 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006, 08:59:43 PM »
Congrats, Mike!  Feels good to mow your own lawn for the first time.  After that, it becomes a chore.   ;)

I'll get around to posting pics of my place eventually.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
YEAH, congrats Mike! it seems that we find even more places in which we could throw BBQ in the lawn, uh? :)
And Mike and Gulf, you two have to post more pics!

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2006, 03:20:12 AM »
Hey Congrats on the new place!  I hear what you're saying, I've been in mine for 4 weeks now and still unpacking and trying to get organized.  I think I'll go trim my willow patch now...someday it'll be a lawn.  :p

Phil

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2006, 04:47:20 AM »
Hey Congrats on the new place!  I hear what you're saying, I've been in mine for 4 weeks now and still unpacking and trying to get organized.  I think I'll go trim my willow patch now...someday it'll be a lawn.  :p

Phil

Unpacked and organized?  How long I lived in Wasilla?  3 + years?  Dream on son...... ;D  Didn't you say you found boxes you didn't remember when you moved from the Apt to the hangar?

Hmmm....your house just got a new nickname...."the Hangar"......or maybe "Hangar 13".......
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2006, 09:11:43 PM »
Nice house Mike.  The only problem I can see is that its in Vegas. :D  Congrats either way
WOW I did that!