Author Topic: Something productive?!  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Something productive?!
« on: June 25, 2006, 10:19:17 PM »
Boy, have I been here.  Working the line, there aren't always airplanes to be fueled.  And how many times can you sweep the shop or clean the company's two airplanes?  I liked working the line a lot, but I did not enjoy being inside.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Something productive?!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 02:04:30 AM »
July 4, a few years ago...
There wasn't anything coming through, so we dragged out the big airstair and took a ride around the ramp.
When the downtown fireworks started, we had a pretty good view from the thing, and some snacks from the cupboard in the line shack.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 02:18:36 AM »
The boss must not have been around.   :D

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 02:22:38 AM »
Naw, s'far as we knew he was out on the lake in his boat.
Gettin' plastered.
We had the GA side of the airport all to ourselves.

fireflyr

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 03:36:38 AM »
There wasn't anything coming through, so we dragged out the big airstair and took a ride around the ramp.
When the downtown fireworks started, we had a pretty good view from the thing, and some snacks from the cupboard in the line shack.

Always wanted to check out on one of them things----tell me, does Vr vary much with beer consumption or does it remain pretty much flat? ???

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 04:24:44 AM »

HA HA!!
I can see Chuck and Julio do something like that . . . ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 08:58:21 AM »
it surely happens on others airports too, but in Lugano, every year, the people of maintenance fix for a BBQ inside the hangar. you can see the people cooking the pork outside of it, since there is a lot of smoke coming up......something productive, isn't it?!?!  :D

PS. BTW, today I will go to Sardinia for a week of................productive vacation! I cross fingers to find an internet connection there, otherwise I will be silent during an entire week  :( (Fireflyr, I'm quite sure you can't believe it!   :) )  and I'll hear from you in July.  :-* to everybody!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 09:01:32 AM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »
have fun.

fireflyr

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 02:08:58 AM »
it surely happens on others airports too, but in Lugano, every year, the people of maintenance fix for a BBQ inside the hangar. you can see the people cooking the pork outside of it, since there is a lot of smoke coming up......something productive, isn't it?!?!  :D

PS. BTW, today I will go to Sardinia for a week of................productive vacation! I cross fingers to find an internet connection there, otherwise I will be silent during an entire week  :( (Fireflyr, I'm quite sure you can't believe it!   :) )  and I'll hear from you in July.  :-* to everybody!

NONONO, my little prolific songbird---I among many love the frequency and variety of your posts---for you to be silenced will be much too quiet---have a wonderful vacation and keep us regaled with your adventures!!!!! :D

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 03:06:01 AM »

Always wanted to check out on one of them things----tell me, does Vr vary much with beer consumption or does it remain pretty much flat? ???

I'm sorry to report that we got distracted and completely failed beyond the basic taxi tests.
Please don't beat me.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 08:24:41 AM »
Jst a quick hello from Sardinia mates!
actually there is the internet connection in the hotel but it's quite unconfortable, so I will write as soon as I come back home. BTW, I came here to get some tan but it is now my second day on the beach and sun is hiding somewhere unspecified. This morning there was a lot of mist and 1km visibility. hope sun decides to come out from the blue or grey ?..... :D :D :D, water on the contrary is gorgeous, not too cold, neither too hot, perfect to splash and spend a looooot of time in there, relaxing and swimming. See ya all, take care  :) :) :)
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »
Hello back to you! Enjoy your stay!

... but it is now my second day on the beach and sun is hiding somewhere unspecified.

That's easy to specify: Up there somewhere! ;D

Hmm.... I admit I'm a bit jealous! It's a really hot summer in the city here right now...