Author Topic: 747 going around  (Read 10399 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Re: 747 going around
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 05:01:03 AM »
Ah sorry about that but thanks for the friendly way you pointed it out :) I've never been outside northern Europe and never more than a few hours outside of DK so I didn't notice it when the videofile said Atlanta.

Frank

No worries.  I don't expect everyone to know all the cities of the world.  Whoever titled the videofile just messed up.   ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

fireflyr

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »
Just ran the "OY-JET" video, my gosh, that pilot not only displayed poor training but he also demonstrated the poorest of common sense.

I'll quote Ron White here---"there's no cure for stupid!" :D

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 05:24:40 PM »
I hadn't seen that Happy, thanks for the link, but man the overall IQ-rating of Danish pilots just dropped 50 points after that. That was so incredibly stupid that I cannot believe it. I guess it just goes to tell that earning millions doesn't make one capable of controlling what vehicles one might be able to buy. There was also a Ferrari Enzo owner that lost control and crashed and killed himself in Italy on a 2lane narrow country road, the police estimated he was doing at least 250+ kph, 2 lanes combined, std. width and grass right next to the tarmax edge and a forrest on one side. The pictures of the car went all around the net like a blizzard, the car was literally ripped to small pieces. I read that some US celebrities campaigned to give illegal immigrants the right to get a driver's license for seeking jobs, saying that a drivers license was a human right. Disregarding that it was for illegal immigrants, then I'd say it's not a human right to get permission to drive or handle anything else like that due to the sheer fact that not all can drive a car and a lot of people can get killed. The same goes for other forms of transport as well. I've thought about driver's licenses should be a lot more like ppl's with type-ratings since a FIAT 500 and a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren are just so different that a person shouldn't automatically have the right to drive one and indeed in DK a motorbike rider can only drive a small engined bike for the first couple of years, but it's far from just the knowledge of the machine you're controlling, people should also learn to understand that different vehicles have different limits and don't even need to use the maximum abilities but from what I gather then at least pilots are taught that right?

Sorry to go off on a small rant, but it seems that at least here I'm not the only one understanding the dangers nor that I'm the only one that can actually enjoy controlling a vehicle ina a calm and safe manor and understands the differences in vehicles and other import factors.
Frank

A driver's license (like a pilot's license) is a priveledge, not a right.  If a DL was a right, you wouldn't be able to deny, suspend, or revoke it.  Not everyone is cut out to drive a car.  And, as far as I'm concerned, if a millionaire wants to remove himself from the gene pool in this fashion, that's ok.  It's when they start taking other people with them that we need to rein them in. 
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty