Author Topic: T-Shirt Contest!  (Read 10894 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
T-Shirt Contest!
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »
With this November being our last month of celebrating 10 years of Chicken Wings, it’s time for one last anniversary contest!
As price for the winner we will give out one of our last remaining "Silver Chickens". And this time we will also have a runner-up, or second winner, or whatever you want to call it, who will receive either a copy of our new book or a t-shirt of his or her choosing should he or she already have Book number 4.

Here is what the new contest is all about, it’s pretty simple:

Tell us your idea for a Chicken Wings shirt!
Or, should you have no ideas for a new shirt,
tell us which one of our shirts is your favorite!

We will take suggestions right here, as always, or on Facebook and Twitter and raffle off the winners among all the entries. Every entry qualifies! We will choose a winner on Thursday next week, the 22nd of November.

So, what say you? Post away! Let’s get this show on the road, uhm, I mean, in the air! We can’t wait to see what you guys are cooking up!

Offline kkrummy1

Re: T-Shirt Contest!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »
How about "Chuck for President, anything beats what we've got now" ::loony::

Offline mikecharliemike

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »
chuck is thinking "mmmmm; chicken or pork?"

Offline mikecharliemike

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 09:59:02 PM »
chuck's musing "squawk or squeal ?"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »
what do you guys think of this one?

We made it this year for Oshkosh:

http://www.cafepress.com/chickenwings.658653183
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 04:35:52 PM »
or this one?

Offline masterpilotguy

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »
Wow, surprised there is not more responses here, I love this comic strip.  I once had a close call at a towered airport where a departing aircraft was climbing towards me as I was entering the pattern on my downwind leg, I just happened to catch the aircraft out of the corner of my eye and jammed the throttles full forward into a climb and turn toward the aircraft ensuring that the other crossed below me, not 30 seconds later I hear the tower telling an aircraft to turn left NOW! and I see an aircraft off my left wing turn to parallel my course about 1000' away, must have had 2 Chucks (or 3 one in the tower) at the airport that day :)  I will let your comedic minds come up with how to put chuck in 3 places at once.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
Wow, surprised there is not more responses here, I love this comic strip.  I once had a close call at a towered airport where a departing aircraft was climbing towards me as I was entering the pattern on my downwind leg, I just happened to catch the aircraft out of the corner of my eye and jammed the throttles full forward into a climb and turn toward the aircraft ensuring that the other crossed below me, not 30 seconds later I hear the tower telling an aircraft to turn left NOW! and I see an aircraft off my left wing turn to parallel my course about 1000' away, must have had 2 Chucks (or 3 one in the tower) at the airport that day :)  I will let your comedic minds come up with how to put chuck in 3 places at once.

Great story! Not sure about putting 3 Chucks on one shirt, HAHA!!!
But maybe we can do a strip about 3 Chucks.....
 ::thinking::

No sure what's going on in the forum. It has it's own mind. Sometimes it's way busy and then it completely dies off.
I wonder if it's not getting outdone by facebook and twitter lately. It used to be more busy before they came out....
Maybe the era of forums has come and gone already.  :(
It's a bummer, because we had a lot of good information and discussions in here for young aviators in the "classroom" section....

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 07:52:39 PM »
Yep Mike I do think that demise of all the different forums is largely attributable to social media... a shame, if you ask me...
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »
Sally asking "Coffee any one?"
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 11:54:12 PM »
what do you think of this one?

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »
I can't remember it now, but didn't you use to have an air trash tshirt.   ::banghead:: ::banghead::  Thought it was one of your best, along with the P-factor joke.
WOW I did that!

Offline TheCheese

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:27 AM »
I may be too late for the contest, but what about:

A black shirt with bold white lettering

On the back:
"Gravity, it's not a suggestion, it's a law"
(perhaps a chicken with aviators & a Texas sheriff's hat looking menacing beneath)

on the front:
White outline of an Extra 300, full noise, prop hanging a few feet over a patch of runway
Above it the words:
"Breaking the law"
Below it (possibly):
"of Gravity"

I'd sketch something, but judging from your excellent strip you're better at that than me.

Offline Zweefpiloot

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »
Something with Chuck flying and an artificial horizon that isn't straight and level. There should be something texted like: "Keep the blue side up", but with his sunglasses Chuck can't see the difference... 8)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »
Last day today for Silver Chickens!

::wave::