Author Topic: PICs OF FAST HOT CARS!!!  (Read 12560 times)

Offline diveej

PICs OF FAST HOT CARS!!!
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:10:02 PM »
I am a really big fast car freak post ur pics of cool cars that u would like to have...

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
Re: PICs OF FAST HOT CARS!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 04:19:14 PM »
Ok so it's not the fastest car out there... but this sucker out handels EVERYTHING out there!!!   ;D
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 09:50:54 PM »
You want fast?!?
Pushing 1001bhp... tops at 250MPh but I think it's ugly.
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:57:35 PM »
I think this is perrrrrty!

fireflyr

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 12:22:07 AM »
525,000 bucks---Chuck would call that chicken feed! ;D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Pics of fast hot cars
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:46:28 PM »
How about this?

Or this, at least it kind-of has wings :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 02:21:26 AM »
Have you seen a DeLorean in real life? It's not nearly as cool unless it has a Flux Capacitor and a Mr. Fusion!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »
Whoops I completely forgot to reply to this. To answer your question, if I say it was my late father who took the picture then who do you think is sitting in the car :D

And for the reason I went to this topic, take a look at this "car" http://www.landspeed.com/PhotoGallery.asp :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 06:46:41 AM »
A DeLorean? I neither knew it existed in real life, even without flux capacitor!  ::) ::) :-[ :-[

So, here it's a "getting old" car, that's among my favorite ones.  :)
I was so much in love for this car that I bought it second hand 4 yrs ago, when the Z4 came out (the new model. so that meant that as soon as I was buying it, the car was depreciating at giant's pace). it's not fast, really, specially since the person who had it before used it just during summer weekends, so the engine was never overused and........now it's falling into pieces (it always has something, from the lights that breaks once a month, to the airbag light that says it has taken a break), and....I was forgetting: the top doesn't want to come donw from time to time...but I would never change it for any other car. And the color? Well, it's the same :) quite ridiculous but I do not care! I always say I'm saving for a plane, instead!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:55:00 AM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 06:21:43 PM »
Not many knows the DeLorean DMC-12 is a real production car, even fewer know the correct make/model name, it's DeLorean (or De Lorean) DMC-12, not DMC DeLorean, DMC was the company name (DeLorean Motor Company, and in Nothern Ireland the factory was named DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd. DMCL), DMC DeLorean is like calling a Chevrolet Corvette for a GM Chevrolet hehe. Btw the engine used in the time-machine was a Land Rover V8 but the Peugeot-Renault-Volvo 2849cc V-6 does have a pretty ok sound imho. It was chosen since it was emission-certified in USA and others backed out or didn't work well enough.

A Z3? Not a bad ride I thought, but it sounds like it needs constant care. Is your version the facelifted model like shown on the picture or the original design? A danish magazine called the Z3 2.8I for a modern Austin Healey 3000 aka "The Handsome Brute".

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 11:21:13 PM »
Not many knows the DeLorean DMC-12 is a real production car, even fewer know the correct make/model name, it's DeLorean (or De Lorean) DMC-12, not DMC DeLorean, DMC was the company name (DeLorean Motor Company, and in Nothern Ireland the factory was named DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd. DMCL), DMC DeLorean is like calling a Chevrolet Corvette for a GM Chevrolet hehe. Btw the engine used in the time-machine was a Land Rover V8 but the Peugeot-Renault-Volvo 2849cc V-6 does have a pretty ok sound imho. It was chosen since it was emission-certified in USA and others backed out or didn't work well enough.

A Z3? Not a bad ride I thought, but it sounds like it needs constant care. Is your version the facelifted model like shown on the picture or the original design? A danish magazine called the Z3 2.8I for a modern Austin Healey 3000 aka "The Handsome Brute".

Frank

Wow, you really know hundreds of things! For me DeLorean DMC-12 (I will remember it and pass as a cars' expert :) ) was a creation of Back to the future all together with the flux capacitor.
About my car: it should be like the original model, but for the back that's a little bit different and some chromes. plus, the real first model had the top that went down using hands, this one is automatic (more or less, you still need to push a small bit and unscrew two levers). I will post a pic of it later tomorrow. and well, it's not a 2.8I, it's barely a 2.0! And I think that the majority of horses in the cowling is asleep (or better dead! :) ;) ).

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 05:01:23 PM »

This is my baby :P

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 08:32:47 PM »
http://www.defence.gov.au/news/armynews/editions/1123/images/17-abrams.jpg

Ohhh, at least we do not have to worry anymore! There you're not going to harm yourself!!! :) :) :)
But specially do not walk in front of it, all right?!?!?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 08:49:16 PM by happylanding »

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 08:49:17 PM »
http://www.defence.gov.au/news/armynews/editions/1123/images/17-abrams.jpg

Ohhh, at least we do not have to worry anymore! Here you're not going to harm yourself!!! :) :) :)

Yeah, it's like a handicap car :P i'm proud of myself :P:D
Well put happy, well put :)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 09:00:01 PM »
Frank, I had promised you a picture of the Z3, and I took some days to remember to get it, sorry! here you are. it's not the best, since I took it yesterday in the evening and there isn't a lot of light: I tried to correct it to see if it's any better. I had told myself I would get another one today but I forgot. I'll try to remember tomorrow to post a better one! but al least you can see if it's the model you were writing about!
have a nice evening! greetz!