Author Topic: Metar, u b_st_rd!  (Read 2500 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Metar, u b_st_rd!
« on: April 24, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
Guys! Sigh!  :( :( I wanted to go flying today, I had planned it since weeks and then I got up and the Metar was saying something like "rain and snow, visibility below 3000, OVC and fog". Looking out of the window I could see that during the night it had snowed almost to the ground, it was raining cats and dogs and I was just telling myself "it must get better". Against any TAF I was home, hoping for some changes, until at least there was no more hope, no more changes in sight, no positive TAF. (I can't find the true METAR for today online, I would otherwise paste it). Anyhow, as soon as I put myself into something different, by accepting a last minute work for my former employer, as soon as I entered into criminal court for hours, the sun just pierced everything in-between and the METAR reversed to this: METAR LSZA 241950Z VRB02KT CAVOK 11/06 Q1004 NOSIG.  ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::bang head:: Bad luck factor, isn't it? >:( >:(

Badly hope that tomorrow will be better...I still have the plane booked....

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
Re: Metar, u b_st_rd!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »
I hate when that happens, too. And I dont even fly (myself).

http://www.ogimet.com/metars.phtml.en by the way.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Busdriver

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »
Oh, LSZA, that's not far  ::wave::

But looks way better tomorrow, I think, so enjoy your flight.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 05:44:59 AM »
Busdriver, where are you located? And yes, weather today is gorgeous! Yeppeeeeeee!!!

Offline Busdriver

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »
Hope you had a nice flight.

Right now Zürich, going to move to Winterthur soon. Flyingwise, for work it's LSZH, if I'd get my SEP again it's LSZI

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »
Oh yeah! A wonderful one! 8) 8) 8) I had missed flying so much....I just do hope that I do not have to wait for centuries again before another one. By remaining an aficionado of the P28A (I do not like flying Da40 as much, I was never able to build the same confidence, too much computers), I could even be luckier, since almost nobody flies it anymore... ;) ;)

Hope you get your SEP license back soon!  |:)\ |:)\