Author Topic: Skydivers  (Read 7189 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Skydivers
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »
This is so true!  Skydivers are a bunch of wild, reckless adrenelin junkies who shouldn't be allowed out of the house without adult supervision.  We really need Gibbo to chime in on this since he flew the meat bomber for so long!

Another great strip fellas!   |:)\

RC
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:06:08 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Skydivers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »
This is so true!  Skydivers are a bunch of wild, reckless adrenelin junkies who really shouldn't be allowed out of the house without adult supervision.  We really need Gibbo to chime in on this since he flew the meat bomber for so long!

RC

Oh yeah! What happened to Gibbo?
Haven't heard or seen anything since I talked to him on the phone when I was in Australia.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:43:59 PM »
I sent Gibbo a message on FB.  We'll see if he comes back to da forum to give us his 'expert' opinion!  Hehe.   ::whistle:: ::drinking::

RC

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 07:32:31 PM »
Yep he writes on FB about his aviation experience every now and then, so... I think we should expect him, Matt.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
Ok you lot are not going to put me off from doing a Tandem jump in the near future.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:32:32 PM »
This is so true!  Skydivers are a bunch of wild, reckless adrenelin junkies who really shouldn't be allowed out of the house without adult supervision.  We really need Gibbo to chime in on this since he flew the meat bomber for so long!

RC

The unfortunate part is that the same thing could be said about a lot of the fire pilots in the forum.  Me included.
WOW I did that!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 05:59:09 AM »
G'DAY Mates,  ::cowboy:: ::drinking:: yeah been fairly busy at work sorry. 

Meatbombs are a particular bunch of crazys.  I have dropped some of the CRAZZZEEEST ones in Australia  ::silly:: ::silly::
Check this video out, you see me for a brief second on the climb out, then watch the tandem master handel the line twist  ::rofl::!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atQhdvy1jr0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I could go on and on about Meatbombs for days  ::rofl:: 

Oh here is a photo of some trash I dropped from the sky  ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave::  BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Kilrah

• Fledgling
    • Photo gallery
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »
Hehe, I have a whopping 11 jumps in my logbook - did the basic AFF training as part of my job, where I'm regularly wearing a safety parachute in case I had to evacuate the aircraft or fell from it accidentally... and my boss figured it would be a good idea to try one in controlled conditions first, which indeed makes perfect sense...

It was rather interesting bacause unlike the bunch of "crazy" guys who are eager to do that, it's not particularly my style to put myself in situations like throwing myself out of an airplane, so it did take some extra efforts (and a couple of nights with very little sleep) for it to "unlock"... but I've taken it kind of as a personal challenge, and I have to say once you let go enough and it "works", it does get quite fun - before that you just feel like you can't do it.
But it hasn't changed me either, so I haven't continued. Actually the part I really enjoyed was flying under canopy at the end, so if anything I'd maybe rather go into paragliding at some point :)
I talked quite a bit with the pilots, and where I did the course they also all had the same basic training for the same reasons, but most never continued either.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:59:26 AM by Kilrah »

Offline Kilrah

• Fledgling
    • Photo gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »
Oh, and while I'm reminded of it by facebook:

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 11:21:02 AM »
Oh, and while I'm reminded of it by facebook:

This is what I mean by, "...who shouldn't be allowed out of the house without Adult Supervision."   ::unbelieveable:: ::eek::   WTF was the pilot of this airplane thinking!?!?!?  Looks like I should have added Jump Pilots to that category (apologies Gibbo).  He created an emergency situation by shutting down one engine so they could get a photo op.   ::complaining: ::banghead::

RC

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »
40 years ago, I had my jump ratings and also served as jump master.

We used 172's and 180's with the right door modified with the hinges on top of the door and an extended step to stand on.
We told our students that they do not have to jump.  They have paid their fees and they could jump or ride the airplane down.

I had one student climb out and hang onto the strut and stand on the step.
I gave the jump command and he froze.
The pilot  turned around and flew over the field a second time and I gave the jump command a second time.
And my student just stood there.
The pilot turned for a third time and I slammed the door shut.
The student looked at us in shock.
As we passed over the field a third time, the pilot raised the wing and with a quick twist threw the wing down and back up with a snap.
Viola,  no student.

When we landed he was bragging to his friends about his jump.
I just smiled and picked up my next load of students.

Offline Kilrah

• Fledgling
    • Photo gallery
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »
 ::rofl::

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5c5_1331438922

This is a video from a South African DZ.  I would NOT recommend a Stall/Spin entry maneuver over a DZ, nor would I recommend holding the airplane in a spin while descending through your skydivers!   ::knockedout::  Methinks these two pilots needed adult supervision too.   ::thinking::

RC

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:22 PM »
What the hell was that pilot think he was doing? was that on purpose or accidental? Also was any of the pilots trying to recover from the induced spin? did not look like it when the left seater got tapped on the shoulder.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 12:59:17 AM »
is this even a real shot?

could be photoshopped.....
the guy hanging from the prop looks fake....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.