Author Topic: PC Gaming  (Read 16524 times)

fireflyr

Re: PC Gaming
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 10:57:39 PM »
FLAMING GONE WRONG----HHHHAAAAAAHAAAAA--IDIOTS!!!!   I love the sissy screaming in the background! ;D ;D
You HAVE to swallow the whole darn thing at once to quench the flame, I always did double shots because less didn't flame enough and more was too hard to swallow in one gulp---and you tilt your head back so as not incinerate your eyebrows!!! ;)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 02:16:23 AM »
FLAMING GONE WRONG----HHHHAAAAAAHAAAAA--IDIOTS!!!!   I love the sissy screaming in the background! ;D ;D
You HAVE to swallow the whole darn thing at once to quench the flame, I always did double shots because less didn't flame enough and more was too hard to swallow in one gulp---and you tilt your head back so as not incinerate your eyebrows!!! ;)

should have known, with all due respect, that an old *seasoned* codger as yourself could school us on how to drink a flaming shot!! lmao!!! :D |:)\
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 01:55:30 PM »
oh and BTW if anyone is interested in a action/thriller game i HIGHLY recommend half-life 2!! the game of the year edition comes with HL-1 as well. and i recommend playing it first but......anyway i spent WAY too many hours on it this weekend. there are critters in there that give me the CREEPS every time they attack me. the game is cool, they had a sci-fi guy write a story and they built the game around that....verrrrrry cool!!

Just when I think I'm out... they pull me back in! Well I had plans this weekend... I guess it was good that I've played HL1 before... I can start with HL2... thanks a lot plthijnx!!!    ;D
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »
make sure you update your video drivers if you haven't in a while or else the game will bog down.....actually the game will let you know if you need to update them and direct you to the correct site....
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 07:32:14 PM »
 :o oh my! Seriously, did anyone get seriously hurt? What kind of a schmuck develops such a thing that isn't at least put out before drinking it? (Look at Ford Fairline Rock and Roll Detective with Andrew Dice Clay to see another one).

Btw, about the sissy scream, I think there was a female in the group so that might be the sissy, maybe  ;)

About the drinking/smoking then I made a booboo and I don't mean Yogi's smarter sidekick, I had them mixed up and I wrote the first part wrong but then I thought, why not and I continued in that line, I'm sure you understood what I meant with the chance as well of having an extra giggle  to keep the mood good :D

Has anyone tried the PC-game Crimson Skies? It's one heck of a great flight-oriented action-adventure game!

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 01:43:05 AM »
Has anyone tried the PC-game Crimson Skies? It's one heck of a great flight-oriented action-adventure game!

Frank

FRANK!!!
AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I just downloaded the demo of Crimson Skies! ONLY 2 missions! What a tease!!!

Seems very fun! Looks like I'll have to grab this one too... I might have to run to Best Buy and with a few gift cards I received at Christmas, pick up this and HL2. I know I'll find it cheaper online... but that whole instant gratification thing... And I guess with the gift cards, it won't be cheaper online.

I could probably find it through "special" channels and not pay a dime. But I'm getting tired of waiting for the DL, making sure the file I DL is really what it says it is, and free from bad things. Then finding the crack and/or serial... I've got Chicken Wings comics to read! LOL
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 10:51:09 PM »
Fantastic atmosphere eh? :D I think the flightmodel is really good for a realistic but sort-of easy to use flight-game, only the rechargable boost is unrealistic, the rest seems pretty real. I also absolutely love the idea of a flying base, and after finding out that zepellins are actually partially hollow on the inside and there have been smaller ones with planes attached then it doesn't seem that far-fetched after all does it, unlike the Iron Vulture from Disney's Tale Spin.

The original release also had the manual designed like a period aviation magazine with faked but realistic ads fitting the alternative world, not sure if the budget-re-release has that intact.
On the site there were also stories from the magazines mentioned in the manual and game with extra background on the characters in the game like Paladin Blake, Black Swan etc. Just adding even more oozing atmosphere from the golden age of flying!

And that just makes it a crying bloody shame that the Xbox-only Crimson Skies sequal had absolutely everything that was good in the original deleted/ruined: realism, characters, menus, flight-model, custom-plane maker etc.

At least we still have the original game to play over from time to time :)
Frank
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 10:54:34 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 01:54:41 AM »
About the drinking/smoking then I made a booboo and I don't mean Yogi's smarter sidekick, I had them mixed up and I wrote the first part wrong but then I thought, why not and I continued in that line, I'm sure you understood what I meant with the chance as well of having an extra giggle  to keep the mood good :D

I'm thinking more Yogi Bera than Yogi Bear.  "It ain't over till it's over."
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 02:15:59 AM »
Fantastic atmosphere eh? :D I think the flightmodel is really good for a realistic but sort-of easy to use flight-game,

I haven't had time to run out to pick it up yet, but the Demo must be set to easy. I bounced off a mountian a couple times and no BOOM... it took a 300mph nose plant to crash  ;D

The flight dynamics in the demo are "arcade" style, no MSFS here...  even set to Hardest I ran into a bomber and didn't die. But with the story line attached it seems fun! (like I said with just 2 missions it's hard to give a full review of the game.

I love the 40's style news head lines when the mission is over. And the dame* over the radio is a cool touch.

*I mean no disrespect to the females here... but that is really the only way to describe her voice and attitude  ;D

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 12:30:41 AM »
looks like i'm going to have to download the demo for crimson.....hmmmmm. oh, and callisto, RUN don't walk, RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN to the store and get HL2 if you havn't already. i'm at a point where it's a civil war against the "bad overlord" and it just keeps getting better and better. one gripe though is that it's almost too easy to figure out what you have to do. that or i'm just used to the way valve does their programming, albeit with some delightfull surprises!

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 03:59:38 PM »
plthijnx - I know, I know!!! I've been to 2 Best Buys and haven't found HL2!?!?!?!?! They both had plenty of the add on Episode 1. I may have to resort to ordering it online. I just haven't had much time these days.

I did find Crimson Skies... VERY FUN!!! If you want a realistic flight model... MSFS... but this is a BLAST to play. Lots of dog fighting. I keep dying in the 6th or 7th mission, which is annoying me... but it's a fun game. I recommend picking up a copy!!!
Thanks Frank!

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 06:09:26 PM »
plthijnx... god do I hate you!  >:(

I picked up HL2 Friday night... I played a little Saturday to see how it played on my PC. But then Sunday I sat down to play it for real... Next thing I knew the sun was coming up and I had to be at work in a few hours...

Ok so I don't hate you, I actualy love games like this!!! THANKS!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 07:15:28 PM »
told ya! i've been playing the heck out of it. i've won it already but i'll go back and play on....how far have you gotten?

Offline Have Blue

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 09:15:04 PM »
My friend and I love Battlefield 2. ;D
"I'm sure as hell not a killer, but flying combat is like a game, and a guy likes to come out on top."
-George Preddy, P-51 ace

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 09:25:38 PM »
i've played the original battlefield, i have yet to get the second one....