Author Topic: One for Gibbo I reckon  (Read 2101 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
One for Gibbo I reckon
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:27:09 AM »
Explain this:

The residents said the croc farm had given them a carton of beer and a croc trap as consolation.

So let me get this straight..... Guy has a bunch of crocodiles in his yard that get out.....and this is what he does for his neighbors.....? ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2012/01/10/282431_ntnews.html

Living room croc on the run for six years

THE saltie found in the living room of a Territory family was part of a mass break-out at a crocodile farm more than six years ago.

Darwin Crocodile Farm owner Mick Burns admitted yesterday the reptile belonged to him.

He said the chubby, well-conditioned croc was probably one of 40 salties that escaped from his Noonamah farm more than six years ago.

The animal was captured after wandering into the open-air living room of Micko Srbinovski and Jo Dodd's Bees Creek home early on Saturday.

Neighbours close to the crocodile farm complained they have had 15 crocs in their backyard in the past five years.

There were claims a man was bitten while jumping in his dam and nearly stepped on one of the reptiles.

The residents said the croc farm had given them a carton of beer and a croc trap as consolation.

But Mr Burns said there had been no escapes from his farm since the mass break-out over the weekend of October 8 and 9, 2005.

"I want the crocodiles to stay in my premises," he said.

"I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars (upgrading a perimeter fence) since that incident a few years ago. A lot of time, a lot of money and a lot of effort."

The crocodiles escaped from the farm after a worker accidentally left the lower part of a stable door to their holding pen open.

Half of the juveniles were recaptured over several days, one was believed to have been shot by a home owner.

Mr Burns said some of the fugitives were never accounted for.

"Most returned and some would have died," he said.

In the past couple of years two or three crocodiles from the original 40 had been returned.

Mr Burns said since the mass escape the fence line is inspected weekly and also after heavy rains.

Croc catcher Tommy Nichols said he was unsure how many crocodiles had escaped from the Noonamah farm.

But he said he had received no complaints from nearby residents.

Mr Srbinovski and Ms Dodd, who own Darwin boutique Viva La Body, have been experiencing international celebrity since news of their unexpected visitor broke at the weekend.

They were interviewed by BBC London and Good Morning Scotland yesterday.

Mr Srbinovski's use of a guitar to fend off the cranky croc has even landed the couple on a rock music website in Serbia called Metal Serbia.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:34:41 AM by G-man »
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: One for Gibbo I reckon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 07:32:17 AM »
On FURTHER investigation, it appears the "croc" may not be the ONLY thing to be scared of down under.....

WHAT kind of "sheilas" d'yall have down there Gibbo?  ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek::

Female crocodile catcher, Dani Best, showed up and wrestled the crocodile into submission.

Me thinks I do NOT want to wrestle this "sheila"....... ::unbelieveable:: ::unbelieveable::

This be her----the one WITHOUT the tape....

From the Northern Territory News, 9/1/12:

A Darwin dad armed himself with his guitar to fend off a nearly 2m-long crocodile that walked into his family's loungeroom.

Micko Srbinovski, 42, was woken by his wife Jo Dodd who found the 1.7m saltie in the lounge room just 3m from their bedroom door about 5.30 on Saturday morning.

"Our dog was outside the bedroom door barking loudly," Ms Dodd, 42, who owns Darwin clothing boutique Viva La Body with her husband, said.

"I opened the sliding door and saw the crocodile right outside the door - I nearly died."

Mr Srbinovski pulled on some trousers, grabbed the closest item of defence, his guitar, and edged out of the bedroom across the lounge room towards the phone.

He then called the Crocodile Management Unit. Female crocodile catcher, Dani Best, showed up and wrestled the crocodile into submission.

Ms Dodd said the crocodile made eerie sounds as it struggled with Ms Best.

"It was prehistoric. The hissing sounded like a vampire. Then it went into its death rolls - the power of this thing was just phenomenal," Ms Dodd said.

"She just jumped on top of it then taped up its snout, back and front legs."

NB: Posted for news value, not to make fun of Tinnie or his mates or how they live in the demi-paradise that is Darwin.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........