Author Topic: FAA Surprise Visit  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
FAA Surprise Visit
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »
This strip brings to mind an incident that happened to me a number of years ago.  I gave flight instruction as well as did charters for a mom and pop operation in this one small town.  It was kinda like Roost Air, if ya know what I mean.  ;)  One day I was giving instruction to a student on a cross country flight to a nearby town.  We landed, taxied to the ramp, shut down and walked inside the FBO where I discovered my FAA POI (Principal Operations Inspector) was there conducting the ground portion of a checkride to that local 135 operator.  I introduced my student to my POI, and then mentioned to him that I knew his boss (the regional FAA manager) was at my company's office that day.  He replied to me, "Yes I know RC.  He went there to speak to your boss about something you did a month or so ago."  Gasping, I looked around in shock and said, "I haven't done ANYTHING lately!"  He laughed and replied with a wink, "That's OK RC.  I was just teasing you to see if I could get a confession out of you."

FAA types know the kind of terror their mere presence can put into pilots.  Sometimes, they take full advantage of it, and sometimes they don't!  Hehe.  Another great strip guys!

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline darrenvox

Re: FAA Surprise Visit
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »
i may not be a pilot but that comic got me, ive had times in air cadets that the big guy had arrived and so you automatically go into this make sure it looks like were busy so that he might not notice how bad things at......i think everyone has that kind of moment when a top lever guy comes around....and to then just ask for the washrroom thas funny!!
darrenelliott.proboards.com
come only if you like lonelieness