Author Topic: Update on Life  (Read 2759 times)

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
Update on Life
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:00:05 AM »
OK, I posted an update last spring on all that was going on in my life.  Here's another one.

Ended up quitting my north slope job.  Seems they hired me mainly to be a warm body they could collect wages for on a cost-plus contract.  Spending 11 hours a day sitting alone in a tiny office with nothing to do and no one to talk to, while waiting for a divorce hearing just wasn't healthy.

So, ever since I've been looking for a new full time job.  This fall I got my business license and have been trying to drum up some work on my own.

Lately, I've been working part time at the local FBO going between the parts & pilot supplies store and working as a mechanic's assistant in the shop.  Not much money, but I get to be around planes, pilots and A&P's all day.   ::cowboy::

And of course flying the Challenger when I can.  Here's the last video I made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps89ZjcwsXY&feature=g-upl&context=G2466ef9AUAAAAAAAAAA

Phil

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Re: Update on Life
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 12:21:24 PM »
Not much money, but I get to be around planes, pilots and A&P's all day.   ::cowboy::

Although I'm not around airplanes, I know how you feel!  |:)\ I prefer making litte money doing something I love than making boatloads by doing something I hate. Of course making boatloads of money doing something you love would be best, but in the meantime...

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
Re: Update on Life
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 08:28:43 AM »
I'd love to make a small fortune in aviation, unfortunately, I need to earn a large fortune to invest first.   ::banghead::