Author Topic: Passengers pay for re-fuelling.  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Re: Passengers pay for re-fuelling.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »
Wow! Just... wow!  ::eek::

"Austrian-registered Comtel Air"? I have never heard of this company before. But I can see they have a great and shining future ahead of them!  ::loony::

I mean, how is that even possible? Do they pay the airport fees and fuel in cash?

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:02:15 PM »
Folks, this is your capitan speaking, the fuel company we have dealed with for years don't trust us for fuel credit. My copilot and I have 23.65$ in our pocket but if someone can bring  20k$ more for the fuel that would be great. Our company will refund you as soon as we arrive to our destination. Well I'm almost sure of that.

Having been on this flight, I would have asked the pilot to proove he have the 45 minutes reserve on board or else, I would have got out of there and walk home.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
I mean, how is that even possible? Do they pay the airport fees and fuel in cash?

You gotta read this book here. (I'm not linking to our shop because the link will change in a few hours)
You will be surprised how many times the airlines can't pay for gas and things like that.
There is a chapter where Ace (the protagonist of the book) is stuck paying for gas with his own money since he was the captain......
The author writes about his life flying a lifetime for the cheaper airlines.
And this is not a fiction book!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
I once was paying for 100LL I put in a C-172 at Shell in Quebec city airport. The guy asked me if I had AirMiles card. I was surprised he accepted those for the Shell aviation division. I asked the guy if someone fuel a 747, would you ask him for his airmiles card?

He said that most companies have a contract and the pilot just sign an invoice. In this case, Airmiles aren't accepted. But he said that once in a while a big airplane from a compagnie who have no contract with them comes in for fuel. In this case, the guy told me he would accept the Airmiles card. 

Can you imagine the points!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
If I've read it right: It's a Austrian based airline run by a company based in Spain. And I think it's been grounded here in Britain by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »
If I've read it right: It's a Austrian based airline run by a company based in Spain. And I think it's been grounded here in Britain by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).

Yay, globalization!

Anyway, as far as I have understood it, it really is the tour operator in this case that is mainly to blame. They repeatedly didn't pay the airline who operated charter flights for them. The airline just wanted to put pressure on them by refusing to fly until they get paid. It was the passengers who started collecting money. I think it was a bad, although understandable call, which turned into a PR nightmare. It also is no excuse for practically holding the passengers ransom...