Author Topic: Chuck is that you? Paraglider vs. eagle  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Chuck is that you? Paraglider vs. eagle
« on: October 30, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »
I guess this guy is lucky to be alive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N65ALqiBW_o  :o

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: Chuck is that you? Paraglider vs. eagle
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:12:23 AM »
I've never studied birds of the Himalayas, but a quick glance at that bird makes me think it was some kind of Vulture or Condor.  The beak was shaped wrong to be an Eagle.  It also had a neck frill that is seen on some species of Vultures.

The pilot sure was mad at that bird!  Non-stop swearing at him!   ::rofl::  He bleeped out most of it, but I know enough Russian to understand what it was he was saying at that bird, and it was NOT pretty!   ::whistle::  At least he untangled him and let him go unharmed.  I was thinking he was pissed enough at the bird to kill him.

RC
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:14:40 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »
Haha! Yeah, funny how swearing sounds so similar in many languages! BEEP! BEEP! (Just realized that the Roadrunner from the cartoons from my childhood had quite a foul mouth).

Yeah, I also was surprised that *both* of them made it out alive! The bird was quite peaceful though when he tried to untagle it, as if he knew what was going on...

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:27:12 AM »
I just showed this video to my wife, and she laughingly replied that the man recited just about the entire litany of Russian swear words in this video!   ::rofl::

Of note:  My wife also confirmed what I thought I had heard during the radio conversation between the guy and his buddy, "Where did you find a chicken up there?"  His buddy must have thought it was Chuck for sure!   ::drinking::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 01:24:35 AM »
I was surprised the bird was even alive after they got to the ground, let alone well enough to actually fly away!    I was certain that it'd have a broken wing at least the way it was tangled.

I thought it was odd that he didn't cut away his primary chute.  Isn't that a fairly important thing to do when using a reserve?
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"