Author Topic: Busy Week  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Busy Week
« on: October 19, 2011, 02:31:10 AM »
Its funny you guys published this strip on the same week that my charter company is undergoing a Base Inspection by FAA.  I feel exactly the same way Hans feels in this strip!  Since I am the Chief Pilot I have to endure much of the inspectors' wrath, and I am making notes of all the actions that need to be taken on their findings.  Today was day 2 of the inspection, and I feel like I went 15 rounds yesterday with them, followed by another 10 rounds today.  I am feeling bruised, battered, and bloody but I am still standing!  Day 3 begins tomorrow morning, and I am expecting yet another heavy day.  Its like taking a checkride oral exam that never bloody ends!   ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead::

Can you please add a little more cyanide to my coffee?

RC
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:32:47 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
Re: Busy Week
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:12:47 AM »
I can relate, I've been trying to get my permanent registration from the FAA for a year.  Today I got a letter saying if I did't get it straightened out in 60 days they'd revoke it altogether.  WTF?  I'll have my coffee the same please.

Phil

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »
Hm, we should add this "Hans Special Coffee Blend" to our online shops!

Good luck to both you guys!!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 06:50:48 AM »
Well today finally ended my agony!  Four grueling days with the FAA!!!   ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead::

I wish I could have a few   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: but I have several flights to do tomorrow.   ::sulk::

Can you add a splash of Tequila to my coffee please?

RC
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:09:11 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 07:12:15 AM »
I finally got through to my local FSDO, who gave me a number at aircraft registration that is actually answered.  So now I have to revise and resend the letter I sent previously since they had no record of it.  They did get the $5 I sent in with it though.   ???

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »
I finally got through to my local FSDO, who gave me a number at aircraft registration that is actually answered.  So now I have to revise and resend the letter I sent previously since they had no record of it.  They did get the $5 I sent in with it though.   ???

Boy, if we had a nickel for every time we have to resubmit something because our POI "can't find it anymore". He's not even discrete about it, kinda goes "I lost it again, somewhere on my desk, can you resubmit?!"
True story. But if we don't respond to something within 2 days everybody gets upset. Our training manual update is pending for 2 months now and our "Will Carry" Hazmat license has been pushed around for over 2 years. No wonder the govenment is broke. It's all those people Ron Paul calls "Non-Producers".....
I was talking to one of my local helitack supervisors on one of the local districts (which shall remain unnamed for the purpose of this post) and we could come up with 5 names within a mintue that would not make any difference if their jobs were cut tomorrow. And that's just one little program in one little district of the government. Now imagine the Pentagon or FAA or TSA . . . . the list goes on.....
No private business would be able to operate like that (for long).....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.