Author Topic: POST A PIC OF YOUR RIDE !!  (Read 37050 times)

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
Re: POST A PIC OF YOUR RIDE !!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 05:23:43 AM »
bicycle helmet? damn... that'd suck. but it's better than sitting on a desk and teaching english to cadets I guess haha, plus I'd be doing the training in a flight suit, so I guess I'd have a bit of... balance?
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 02:46:53 PM »
are you serious about the bicycle helmet G-Man ??     ???

Yep..... Maybe I should be quiet or else they will sue me for defamation.... Lets just say the place is no longer the vision that many of us had for it in the 90's.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 02:23:22 PM »
After I dropped my kids off at school yesterday I went to the local airport to bum-around and look for a job (yeah, I'm unemployed again).  I met an acquaintance on the ramp who was about to finish a checkout in the Grumman Widgeon that his employer had just purchased. As I was about to leave them alone to do their flight, they cordially invited me to ride along, saying, "We could use the ballast."! How could I have refused? Hehe.

This isn't my airplane to fly, but it sure was fun to sit in the back and be a passenger for a change!

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 10:36:58 PM »
Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh that's purdy and ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline FlyvBoy

• Why does that 737 look so big?
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 12:07:14 AM »
Perty Birdies!

My main ride, the Shiebe SF-27 Glider
32-1 Glide ratio at 50 kts
All Fabric skin with steel tubing and wood supports.
Very Light and responsive on the controls, It's a dream to fly if you have plenty of water to drink.
If you can't tell, I LOVE this sailplane  ;D

"It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill."

- Wilbur Wright

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »
Not a plane, but I picked it up here last month to replace my old one that I sold.   ::whistle::
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
Not a plane, but I picked it up here last month to replace my old one that I sold.   ::whistle::

sold or actually.....?  ;) :-X
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 10:45:48 PM »
So I made it! Flying the Schweizer 300cbi with Bristow Academy's Military Training Program! They do have some stupid rules (a helmet if ever you are above one foot height, which means checking the rotor blades and removing the cover, no solos for MTP students, stuff like that), but the program is good, and I'm enjoying the flying. I'll be working this baby for a while before i switch to the Jet Ranger and then the Huey II:

And shots like these make me want to get a GoPro or similar...

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:59:03 PM by madpilot44 »
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 06:55:31 AM »
A HELMET WHEN YOU PREFLIGHT?? ?? ??

::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::loony:: ::loony::

HA HA!!!  That's the weirdest thing I have EVER heard!!!!

What's next?

I can tell you from personal experience, I fell off the helicopter twice and twice I landed on the exact opposite end!
What are the gonna do for that? Tie a pillow on your @$$ ?

I sense Chicken Wings material in this....   ::thinking::

I'm glad you like the program though. I always liked flying the Schweizer (still do actually, even though I don't do it much anymore)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 05:49:03 PM »
A HELMET WHEN YOU PREFLIGHT?? ?? ??

Yeah, I hear it has to do with the insurance, but it's strip material for sure. Here's a pic of the helmet in use:

But hey, at least I won't be hitting anything too hard... I've hit my head on the Cessna 172 strut a couple of times (it happened most often when I wanted to impress some hot chick and stopped paying attention to my surroundings), so at least i won't be doing that (no way to impress anybody when you're wearing that thing!)

And whatever, the program's fun, the chopper's fun to fly, and the Guatemalan AF's paying me to learn how to fly and do fun stuff. I'd (almost) wear a clown costume if they wanted me to

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 09:37:06 AM »

sold or actually.....?  ;) :-X

Sold my previous bike and bought that one.  1998 Harley Road King.  The fiance likes it a lot better than the crotch rocket.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »
I just have to say----the helmet wearing is probably the most ridiculous thing I have EVER seen. So how is the ramp safety video you have to watch?
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 08:06:20 PM »
I just have to say----the helmet wearing is probably the most ridiculous thing I have EVER seen. So how is the ramp safety video you have to watch?

Oh, well. It could be an intelligent thing instead: no "head hit" to become that "confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women"!!!!!  ;D ;D
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 10:14:44 PM »
Back in the "good" days when you could climb on an HAI helicopter without a helmet...

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 02:41:21 AM »
THAT'S CRAZY!!

::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::eek::

Are those guys still alive??
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.