Author Topic: Things that go boom...  (Read 14931 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Things that go boom...
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 08:25:39 PM »
Hello!

Just one question. Obviously it doesn't matter in this thread, but if I give you the answer you will understsand... ;) ;)
Short story:

A young lady is on the funeral of her dad. Obviously she is very sad. Then she notices a really beautiful man who she didn't see before.
Immediately she fell in love and coudn't get him out of her mind.
Unfortunately she didn't know who he was. And she didn't see him anymore after the funeral.
A couple of weeks after the funeral of her dad, she shot her sister!!
Question: WHY??? ??? ???

Let's see......sounds interesting.
two solutions comes to mind:
1. the first has an assumption that I give since nothing is said about it. I could state that his dad did not die of natural causes but killed, and an enquiry is open. so the man would be of the police and, killing her sister she could presume of seeing him again. not really smart the lady, but.........falling in love the day of his dad's funeral, she is not actually sound......
2. the second is straight but actually less scientific: the man could be the death, like the movie.......meet joe black, or which was the title again?!?!?

these my ideas...............when the solution?!?
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 08:42:48 PM »
I don't know much about the political situation in Switzerland, but I recently picked up a K31 rifle.
This thing is freakin' sweet!
As milsurp stuff goes, it's the nicest rifle I've seen. Accurate, too.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 08:56:24 PM »
Boy, I sure love this forum.

Look at what's been discussed so far...planes, helicopters, women, beer, wine... and now GUNS !!
That's pretty cool!  ;D  ;D

I know Europe has some strict rules about guns. But where I work I could actually prove that I need it...
(snakes, bears, survival,...)

.......And did you forget?!!!??? All this with women who do not get bored about this kind of discussions, all the contrary!!!!  :) :)

OK, now I'm all a-twiter...  ;D  |:)\
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 11:57:08 PM »
I had an awesome gun collection. had to sell it to make bond.  >:(  :-[
i used to shoot all the time. i'm going to go cry somewhere.
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

fireflyr

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 01:17:13 AM »
HUH!!!!--- I give up----Why????

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 02:10:08 AM »
because back in jan. i had to post a $45,000 bond. and now with a felony, i can't buy any of them back.
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 04:08:17 AM »
Sorry to here that plthijnx.  I have a few guns of my own, wanting money to buy more.  Grew up shooting guns.
And Sleek Jet I prefer five stand myself.  Get all the different angles like sporting clays but the action is more continuous.  Mike your definately right about needing guns were we work.  In fact I almost stepped on a snake on the last hike we took.  I jumped about ten feet.
WOW I did that!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 09:22:25 PM »
Sorry to here that plthijnx.  I have a few guns of my own, wanting money to buy more.  Grew up shooting guns.
And Sleek Jet I prefer five stand myself.  Get all the different angles like sporting clays but the action is more continuous.  Mike your definately right about needing guns were we work.  In fact I almost stepped on a snake on the last hike we took.  I jumped about ten feet.

Mates, I'd be happy to say I work among snakes.........  :) :)
Chuckar: maybe before talking to SleekJet I was misunderstood. when you say the action is more continuous you mean you charge once, to shot 5 times? Because I always charged max of 2 cartridges (bullet? shot? I ignore which is the right translation...sorry), so it could be that I never tried it.......do you like the king pheasant? and the snipe? they are my favorite......but  - again - I do not know if they change name in the US...........I hate when I see how poor my dictionary can be.......

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 04:32:02 AM »
Ohh let me explain myself Happy.  Five stand is set up like trap except you get different angle shots like sporting clays.  Only two shots like you said but sometimes you get doubles(which are two birds flying at the same time.  As my name entails I do a lot of Chuckar hunting here in Nevada, but I do like the Pheasants when I get the chance to hunt them.  Never hunted snipe, but aren't they a lot like dove?
WOW I did that!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 06:08:05 AM »
Ohh let me explain myself Happy.  Five stand is set up like trap except you get different angle shots like sporting clays.  Only two shots like you said but sometimes you get doubles(which are two birds flying at the same time.  As my name entails I do a lot of Chuckar hunting here in Nevada, but I do like the Pheasants when I get the chance to hunt them.  Never hunted snipe, but aren't they a lot like dove?

Let's see how to explain. Snipe is a target in which you have doubles coming out in a real short moment, randomly. they move fast and can go quite high and far away (maybe straight), or low and far away (frm left to right or from left straight or from left to left) . I do not know if it's a case, but they usually come out going to completely different places, with different angles. so, as soon as your over hitting the target and swinging, you could find yourself in a uncomfy position to shot again (it particularly happens if you shot a clay from left to right that's high and a left left that goes almost straight and low....the machine is at your left but it could depend, and I'm a left handed shoter, so I think the contrary should apply if you're right handed....). I ignore if the name comes from a bird or from the fact that when using it, you feel like a sniper.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:20:33 AM by happylanding »

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 10:33:47 PM »

Since you're on days off and probably checking this:
I landed on top of a snake today. It climbed up into the hook cage and never rattled. Was about 4 feet long and I was reaching for the bell of the bucket when Terry yelled at me pointing out the rattler...  :o
Creepy.... I almost got bit in the hand....

(can't tell Happy what we did with it .... :-\)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006, 03:53:56 AM »
Dang thats not fun.  Why were you reaching to get the bucket anyway.  Thats our job.  Come on Mike you get all the glory of flying and now you want to disconnect and hook up the bucket by yourself too.  Now you just getting greedy. ;D  Anyway that is quite a scary thought.
@happy= I think I understand the shot your talking about.  Never heard it called that before.  But thinking about the actual bird I can see how they do that.  Thanks for the info
WOW I did that!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 07:07:46 AM »

Gee, not a beautiful experience, I concur. Well, snake in the wrong place at the wrong moment. I do not think I will get mad if you tell what happened him!
Are you going to skin it for a new pair of shoes?!?   :D :D :D :D :D

fireflyr

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 08:34:47 AM »

Since you're on days off and probably checking this:
I landed on top of a snake today. It climbed up into the hook cage and never rattled. Was about 4 feet long and I was reaching for the bell of the bucket when Terry yelled at me pointing out the rattler... :o
Creepy.... I almost got bit in the hand....

Lookee here girls, that pore little ole snake was out in the wilderness, minding it's own business just tryin ta make a livin by catchin critters when along comes a bunch of big ole smelly firefighters and scared the hell out of it----then you kilt it for trying to defend itself?   Shame on you, and don't tell me it tastes like chicken---you can get that at the grocery store, it tastes like snake and don't have all the rib bones.   If I see a snake, I just wave my arms and yell SHOO, then it goes away and I don't have to molest a wild creature---they are certainly more frightened of us than we are of them. OK---enough of the pioneer homilys, if you enjoy killing animals I guess there's worse things than killing a rattlesnake.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »
Ok Papa Jim! I think I am picking up what you're throwing down... ;)

I don't enjoy killing animals at all. I don't even hunt....

...but I do enjoy it more than getting bit in the hand  ;D
I am gonna think about crawling under the helo twice now before I do it. Actually I should always have Helitack do it because who is gonna fly me out of the bush when I get bitten  ???  ;)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.