Author Topic: Things that go boom...  (Read 14972 times)

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
Things that go boom...
« on: June 03, 2006, 03:21:39 AM »
Hey Happy, I saw in another thread where you like to hunt the clay pidgeons...

I've been known to hang around a trap house or two.  ;D

What do you shoot, sporting clays, skeet, trap???  ???
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Things that go boom...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 08:00:02 AM »
Hey Happy, I saw in another thread where you like to hunt the clay pidgeons...

I've been known to hang around a trap house or two.  ;D

What do you shoot, sporting clays, skeet, trap???  ???

Hello Sleek-Jet.
to answer your question I had to check the English vocabulary but could not find the difference between skeet and trap and sporting.....isn't it always the same?!? You'll have to explain me! 
to answer to you question another way...I shoot targets which simulate the flight of birds of game  and ground game. Quite addictive.  ;)
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 03:49:03 PM »
It's the same idea, just different excecution.

Trap - The shooter stands behind the house (kind of a mini-bucker with the trap machine chucking out the dommed clay pidgeons) at one of 5 posts.  The posts are arranged in an arc of about 90*.  The shooter attempts to shoot 5 birds at each post, only firing once at the bird.  The trap machine ocsolates at back and forth, so the birds are comming out of the house at a different spot each time.  So, a shooter pulls the trigger 25 times at each house.  Coincidentally that's a box of shells.  A round of trap would be shooting at 25 birds on 4 houses, or at 100 birds. 

Skeet - Similiar to trap, but the shooter has the birds comming from both the house, and also stands aranged around the house.  So the birds can come from behind, above, on the ground... this sounds like what you've shot.  I've only shot a couple rounds of skeet, so I'm not that familiar with it.

Sporting Clays - Shooters are on a course, and it more simulates hunting.  At each shooting station the shooter is presented with a different type of bird flight.  It's quite a bit of fun, some people have called it golf with a shotgun. ;D You get to shoot through gaps in trees, or in open fields, ect... 
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 04:23:56 PM »
It's the same idea, just different excecution.

Trap - The shooter stands behind the house (kind of a mini-bucker with the trap machine chucking out the dommed clay pidgeons) at one of 5 posts.  The posts are arranged in an arc of about 90*.  The shooter attempts to shoot 5 birds at each post, only firing once at the bird.  The trap machine ocsolates at back and forth, so the birds are comming out of the house at a different spot each time.  So, a shooter pulls the trigger 25 times at each house.  Coincidentally that's a box of shells.  A round of trap would be shooting at 25 birds on 4 houses, or at 100 birds. 

Skeet - Similiar to trap, but the shooter has the birds comming from both the house, and also stands aranged around the house.  So the birds can come from behind, above, on the ground... this sounds like what you've shot.  I've only shot a couple rounds of skeet, so I'm not that familiar with it.

Sporting Clays - Shooters are on a course, and it more simulates hunting.  At each shooting station the shooter is presented with a different type of bird flight.  It's quite a bit of fun, some people have called it golf with a shotgun. ;D You get to shoot through gaps in trees, or in open fields, ect... 

Hello! Looks like I did all the three, you know? that's fun, and I would never have compared any of the different forms to golf: the last one is incredibly boring. I tried when I was a child and.....bleah! Maybe the day I will be 115!  ;)

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 04:33:19 PM »
You guys shoot?
I love shooting. My dad is big into hunting and shooting and I grew up around guns.

Do we have any gun collectors in here?
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 05:01:52 PM »
I've been known to buy a firearm or two... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 05:25:58 PM »
Like a "phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range"?  ;D

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »
Like a "phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range"?  ;D

"Hey, just what you see, pal..."
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 05:31:54 PM »

AHHHHH lucky boy! Here in Switzerland to buy it you have to show that you actually need it. BTW, if you go in a house where there is a man in the army - that means almost every man from 18 to 42 - you can usually find an assault rifle in the wardrobe...............

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »
You guys shoot?
I love shooting. My dad is big into hunting and shooting and I grew up around guns.

Do we have any gun collectors in here?

Just a friendly reminder that duck hunting is NOT allowed here...  ;D

TM

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »
Boy, I sure love this forum.

Look at what's been discussed so far...planes, helicopters, women, beer, wine... and now GUNS !!
That's pretty cool!  ;D  ;D

I know Europe has some strict rules about guns. But where I work I could actually prove that I need it...
(snakes, bears, survival,...)

so, naturally, me too !!   ;) ;D ;D

Oh, and I have NEVER been duck hunting in my life. No worries Turbo!!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 05:54:19 PM »

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 07:32:03 PM »
Boy, I sure love this forum.

Look at what's been discussed so far...planes, helicopters, women, beer, wine... and now GUNS !!
That's pretty cool!  ;D  ;D

I know Europe has some strict rules about guns. But where I work I could actually prove that I need it...
(snakes, bears, survival,...)

.......And did you forget?!!!??? All this with women who do not get bored about this kind of discussions, all the contrary!!!!  :) :)

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »

.......And did you forget?!!!??? All this with women who do not get bored about this kind of discussions, all the contrary!!!!  :) :)

...that's the disturbing thing... :-\
ROFLBC
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 08:01:23 PM »
Hello!

Just one question. Obviously it doesn't matter in this thread, but if I give you the answer you will understsand... ;) ;)
Short story:

A young lady is on the funeral of her dad. Obviously she is very sad. Then she notices a really beautiful man who she didn't see before.
Immediately she fell in love and coudn't get him out of her mind.
Unfortunately she didn't know who he was. And she didn't see him anymore after the funeral.
A couple of weeks after the funeral of her dad, she shot her sister!!
Question: WHY??? ??? ???
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling