Author Topic: Chuck meets the Tumbling Bear  (Read 9025 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Chuck meets the Tumbling Bear
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:21:43 PM »
"Is there an adult with this one?"  LMAO!!!   ::rofl::  Chuck is like many of us in aviation;  He's refused to grow up!   ;D ::drinking::

His exchange with Tumbling Bear is something right out of Abbott and Costello.  "Who's on First?"   ::rofl::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Chuck meets the Tumbling Bear
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:59:56 AM »
His exchange with Tumbling Bear is something right out of Abbott and Costello.  "Who's on First?"   ::rofl::

RC
Hahaha, that's exactly what I thought too! ::rofl:: Classic!  ::rofl:: |:)\  ::bow::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
he still fares better than certain texan businesman, who, somehow, got mixed Czech with Chechnya… almost cost us one Electra… ::knockedout::
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:21:53 AM »
he still fares better than certain texan businesman, who, somehow, got mixed Czech with Chechnya… almost cost us one Electra… ::knockedout::

Czech, Chechnya, Where's the difference?  ;)  ;D

But seriously, can you elaborate? Electra is a bit vague: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_%28disambiguation%29

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »

Czech, Chechnya, Where's the difference?  ;)  ;D

Chechnya, middle Asian country still occasionaly shelled by Russia.

Czech republic, actually a European country producing decent hockey players and brews the best Budweiser in the world! Not to be confused with the "Love-making-in-a-canoe"-Budweiser...

Clear enough for you?
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 11:07:45 PM »
Chechnya, middle Asian country still occasionaly shelled by Russia.

Czech republic, actually a European country producing decent hockey players and brews the best Budweiser in the world! Not to be confused with the "Love-making-in-a-canoe"-Budweiser...

Clear enough for you?

Uhm, I was just about to write another sarcastic comment, but just to be on the safe side: Of course I know the difference! Czech Republic is just a 1,5h drive from here...  ::drinking::

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 01:23:30 AM »
Sarcastic comment whatever you want, you wannabe-German  ;D

I was talking Lockheed Model 10 Electra, naturally. Historic Flight tried buying one, connected to first republic aviation via Baťa, from certain Texan businessman. Had some lucky coincidences happen, and through John McCain explaining the old guy, that Historic Flight is of Czech Republic, former Czechoslovakia, not Chechnya, they were able to secure it. And what do you know, turns out the old man flew Mustangs around here...

ZAIZAI: Forget your best budweiser. Try something better, Svijany, Radegast... Hell, even Staropramen is better than budvar.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »
Ha! A west-Slovak calling me a wannabe German!  ::unbelieveable::  ;D

Well, now I guess we will have all the non-Europeans confused... Don't worry, it's just friendly banter!

BTW, is there a shorter version for "Czech Republic"? Somehow that doesn't roll off the tounge in English. In German we say "Tschechien" or sometimes "Tschechei" although I don't even know if that is politically correct or not.  ::thinking:: It's amazing how many people still say "Czechoslovakia" though...

And gee, I think I really would need to visit there one day just for a beer-tasting session. The only Czech beers you get here are Budweiser and Pilsner Urquell. Some restaurants have a Starobrno on the tap, but that's about it...

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 10:27:24 AM »
west Slovak? Proud easterner! I just live(d) in Prague...

The thing with Czech rep. is, there is no proper one-word in English. Bohemia can be sometimes used, as it is the historical name of "main" land (Čechy), but not always. For example, Zlin would be Czech (Česko, country), bot not Bohemian (Čechy, historic land), actually, it is Moravian. The republic consists of 3 "Lands of the Crown" - Bohemia, Moravia and (part of) Silesia. Former Czechoslovakia then put Slovakia in it, and even before that, Carpathian Ruthenia (Zakarpatia).
IIRC, in German, Tschechei = Czech~ = Česko, while Boehmen = Bohemia.

Poor you @the beers, I would invite you over, but this are my last few hours in Prague, for now. moving home tonite, at least for summer. Hence "live(d)".

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »
That sounds complicated. I guess Czech Republic still is the easiest version then. I have to admit to every single time I type it I first write "Chech" *delete* "Czeck" *delete* and then, finally, Czech.

Really? Where are you moving?

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
Sarcastic comment whatever you want, you wannabe-German  ;D

I was talking Lockheed Model 10 Electra, naturally. Historic Flight tried buying one, connected to first republic aviation via Baťa, from certain Texan businessman. Had some lucky coincidences happen, and through John McCain explaining the old guy, that Historic Flight is of Czech Republic, former Czechoslovakia, not Chechnya, they were able to secure it. And what do you know, turns out the old man flew Mustangs around here...

ZAIZAI: Forget your best budweiser. Try something better, Svijany, Radegast... Hell, even Staropramen is better than budvar.

I am pretty sure I wrote "best Budweiser", not best beer!
I have aqcuired a taste for 'bitters' (blame the country of the 'kidney-pies') and do not usually drink lager anymore... Also having married into an Irish familly I am only allowed to drink Irish produced porters, which narrows it down considerable I am sure...

Uhm, I was just about to write another sarcastic comment, but just to be on the safe side: Of course I know the difference! Czech Republic is just a 1,5h drive from here...  ::drinking::

Sorry Stef, confused you with your Yankie-brother... ::rofl::
Oh, and don't drink and drive!
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »
(off topic)

that's right folks don't drink and drive....................for you will end up spilling your pint  ::whistle::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
That sounds complicated. I guess Czech Republic still is the easiest version then. I have to admit to every single time I type it I first write "Chech" *delete* "Czeck" *delete* and then, finally, Czech.

Sometimes happens to me too :)

Really? Where are you moving?

Back home, to Košice.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 05:41:02 PM »
Back home, to Košice.

Hahaha! Ah, now I get it why the "West Slovak" comment wasn't insulting!  ;D Sorry man, I thought you were Czech!  ::bow::

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »
Hahaha! Ah, now I get it why the "West Slovak" comment wasn't insulting!  ;D Sorry man, I thought you were Czech!  ::bow::

Now wait a minute, you pathetic little Wiener! That is actually one of the most insulting things you could say to an eastern Slovak... I just saw through your futile attempt and took it for what it is, a misguided attempt taking a potentially offensive message and misputting it into context which makes it moot :)

No problem in taking me for Czech though. I do seem to have lost my Slovak Air Force avatar along the way.