Author Topic: Golf Courses  (Read 4411 times)

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
Golf Courses
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:19:40 AM »
Ha Ha, love this one.  I my ex used to complain about all the golf courses in Utah.  I told her they were emergency landing sites.   ::rofl::

Phil

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Golf Courses
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 03:08:02 AM »
never used one myself but I know helo pilots who have . . .

usually, the news get involved as well - - - - then it quits being cool  ;)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »
Yepp, landed in one of those, golf course, as well as a football field (soccer, and full of players warming up, tricky as they didn't pay me any attention), commercial airport (should have seen the passengers faces in the lounge when I walked in with my gear over the shoulder, priceless), active shooting range (never shouted as much in my life), horse race court, speedway court, football stadium, oat field, barly field, swamp...and a pine tree (or was it a norwegian spruce?). Oh, not to mention the "parachutists bingo field", on a bloody windy day I might add.

The golfers where friendly as I didn't land on a green, the grounds keeper was not so friendly, however I told him he could shovel it someplace else as I had the law on my side. Things almost turned ugly when I started to pick up golf balls and chuck them in the pond...hey they looked like odd rocks how was I supposed to know they where somebodies "balls"?
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 02:46:26 AM »
Dang!  What do you fly that you've had that many emergency landings?!   ::eek::

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »

Emergency landings? What are you on about? They where planned...on the fly so to speak!

I flew a Sabre-170 mostly by the way (sold it last year, and saving up for my PPL). You might consider it a 'hanky' or rescue equipment us PARACHUTISTS or Skydivers consider them fun and essential!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:29:02 PM by ZAIZAI »
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »

Emergency landings? What are you on about? They where planned...on the fly so to speak!

I flew a Sabre-170 mostly by the way (sold it last year, and saving up for my PPL). You might consider it a 'hanky' or rescue equipment us PARACHUTISTS or Skydivers consider them fun and essential!

So...you don't worry much about engine failures then.   ;)  ::rofl::

Offline Chopper Doc

• Cockerel
  • Any tool is a weapon if you hold it right.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 05:34:56 AM »
I once landed my hang glider on a golf course.  The guy on the tee-box I overflew on final was nearly purple with rage; I made his colour worse when I told him I could land there if I wanted since I was a member.  i was lying.
"I keep a bottle of stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."
  - WC Fields

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:39 AM »
I once landed my hang glider on a golf course.  The guy on the tee-box I overflew on final was nearly purple with rage; I made his colour worse when I told him I could land there if I wanted since I was a member.  i was lying.
Did you remember to yell "playing through" as you went by?   >:D

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »
Got the golf course beat---this was a KOA campground on the Cherokee National Forest back in 07:

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
-Hey Bob, where did you park the car?
-Right over there, next spot to the helicopter

:D
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Chopper Doc

• Cockerel
  • Any tool is a weapon if you hold it right.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
If you fly a HU500 you can park it in the handicap space: nobody will question your qualification when you climb out and do the "unfolding" walk away from the machine - you look like an extra from the Monty Python "Ministry of Funny Walks".

Plus you're deaf.
"I keep a bottle of stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."
  - WC Fields

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »

So...you don't worry much about engine failures then.   ;)  ::rofl::

I worry like mad...usually between takeoff and 1000 feet, after that it stops being my problem...
...Lurker...

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »
Remember proper Golf etiquette...........you are meant to shout FORE! before landing on a course  :P
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"