Author Topic: A Day in the Life  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
A Day in the Life
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »
Yanno, I've had people say nearly the EXACT same thing to me!  If only they knew how much horsedump and paperwork I gotta put up with.   ::banghead::  Oh well, I know that when people say stuff like this to me I am doing my job right; this is because I make it all look so EASY!

Now there are days that make it all worthwhile, like the time I was invited to the private pool party at the posh 5 star resort in Cabo.  Free food, free drinks, live music and Brazilian dancing girls all around.  One of my pax asked me if I was enjoying myself.  I answered him in my best deadpan voice, "You know, some days this job just plain sucks...  Today ain't one of them!"

Thanks again for a great strip guys!

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: A Day in the Life
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
All right who is this pilot, and what he has done with CHUCK?!?!?  ::eek:: ::eek:: This pilot seems to have a great sense of responsibility. Good strip though!  |:)\
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Jupiter

• Fledgling
  • Aerospace engineering student
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:24:31 AM »
As I'm working on my aircraft project, I constantly run in to these paperwork issues and rules designed to keep fools out of aviation. Sadly, they also make it very hard for normal people to get and stay into aviation. Although a lot of rules are evidently necessary, it's very frustrating to have to deal with authorities who usually don't have to deal with actual aircraft design, because of the lack of those projects here in the Netherlands. Therefore, when asking them for what they want/need from you, they often can't even tell you...
Studying Aerospace Engineering since 2008
Designing, building and maintaining aircraft since 2008
Drummer since 1999
Balloon support crew since 2009
Built rockets between 2008-2010

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:12:48 PM »
Rules? Schmules!

Just register the thing as an "Experimental" and you can pretty much do what you want...well, exept carry any passengers but who wants them anyway?!
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline Jupiter

• Fledgling
  • Aerospace engineering student
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:07 PM »
It IS an experimental, but still it's a huge paperwork mess... We're talking the Netherlands here, not US or UK, we're rather strict if you play it by the rules (which, for us, is part of the fun, actually :P)
Studying Aerospace Engineering since 2008
Designing, building and maintaining aircraft since 2008
Drummer since 1999
Balloon support crew since 2009
Built rockets between 2008-2010

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 02:31:34 AM »
Actually, the story comes from my lift jobs. It takes weeks in LA to get something approved, the roads closed, everybody out of the building, everbodys signature, the tower notified and so on.....

Then, when I finally show up and land in the parking lot, there is always that one guy who says "Wow, helicopters, huh?! You can just land ANYWHERE!"

@Gilly: we don't want Chuck always being the dumb one, people are already saying "poor guy, give him a break"....
Aparently he does have a few good days as well. This episode was made only one day after his 135 checkride  ;)  ::rofl::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »
@Gilly: we don't want Chuck always being the dumb one, people are already saying "poor guy, give him a break"....
Aparently he does have a few good days as well. This episode was made only one day after his 135 checkride  ;)  ::rofl::

It's good to poke fun, but I'm glad we're reinforcing the reasons why he still has a job.

After all, Julio does still hang out with Chuck, even if he gives him a headache as often as not.

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »
It IS an experimental, but still it's a huge paperwork mess... We're talking the Netherlands here, not US or UK, we're rather strict if you play it by the rules (which, for us, is part of the fun, actually :P)
I'm still trying to convince the FAA that I own my plane.   ::)