Author Topic: Baby ear protection  (Read 2643 times)

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
Baby ear protection
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:29:02 AM »
question for you aviation passionates. My wife and I are planning to go on a air show this summer with our little girl. She will be 8 months old. I saw a web sites that sell ear protection for babies. Any one here have experience to share or something to recommand?

Offline Lt.Fubar

• Fledgling
  • Chasing the sunset
Re: Baby ear protection
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:26:47 AM »
Depend on the kid ;)

A friend of mine researched that topic before taking his son to an airshow few years ago. Pretty much any type of earplug is out of question, only ear muffs, and those have to be either highly adjustable, or pre-fitted, as if they're to tight they won't stay on for to long ;) Kids prefer jet roar to anything that makes them uncomfortable.

It is also a good idea to have it tied to part of clothing. Friend of mine, being a firefighter, did a months long study on those, bought few pares... and as it turned out his wife was the one who needed ear protection, the kid slept through MiG-29 solo... and trust me, there is nothing louder than two RD-33 on full afterburner, the ground shakes, your stomach switch places with heart, and you can't communicate anything... and the 3 year old was sleeping peacefully  ::unbelieveable::
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:28:20 AM by Lt.Fubar »
“I'm a leaf on a wind, watch how I soar.” Hoban 'Wash' Washburne

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »
What about six Sukhoi Su-27 flown by the Russian Knights display team? now they where LOUD!!!! set off all the car alarms in the car park lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Lt.Fubar

• Fledgling
  • Chasing the sunset
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 10:36:19 AM »
Heard the Su-27UB and MiG-29 almost side by side... and I can swore that "little" MiG was the louder one  ;D
“I'm a leaf on a wind, watch how I soar.” Hoban 'Wash' Washburne

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 01:20:37 PM »
Thanks Lt. Fubar. I did some research for babies ear muff and they are hard to find. Websites charge me 30+$ for shipping and I can't find any in stores. But I had the idea to try my gun shooting ear muffs and they works well. They fit suprisingly well and she continued to play with her toys as if nothing happends. I tested them with the fire alarm and she didn't react to the noise. 

I'll know more in 2 weeks at the air show.