Author Topic: A little call to order!  (Read 15835 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
A little call to order!
« on: June 02, 2006, 12:38:01 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen!

Recently I've noticed a significant increase of swearwords usage! Or at least so it seems to me... I know that typing in a forum is more like talking than writing, but please be a bit more considerate not to use all the "f*$§ing" or "s#!t" that you would use when talking. Even when you don't type it out, it feels quite harsh sometimes. I know that in some cases it's almost impossible to avoid this ultimate form of superlative, but please use a bit more constraint.

Thank you very much!!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: A little call to order!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen!

Recently I've noticed a significant increase of swearwords usage! Or at least so it seems to me... I know that typing in a forum is more like talking than writing, but please be a bit more considerate not to use all the "f*$§ing" or "s#!t" that you would use when talking. Even when you don't type it out, it feels quite harsh sometimes. I know that in some cases it's almost impossible to avoid this ultimate form of superlative, but please use a bit more constraint.

Thank you very much!!

Okay, PIC! Sorry :)
Willco!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 12:56:58 PM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

fireflyr

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:54:47 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen!

Thank you very much!!

Thanks Mike--regardless of our individual personal conversations, this board is open to all ages and tastes so your leadership in language moderation is well taken----my father used to say that swearing was an indication of a limited vocabulary or a poor upbringing and I concur! 8)

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 03:12:30 AM »
well, I started speaking english in Texas...oil workers really engrained foul language and a grosse (witty & funny!) sense of humor for the rest of my life. Remember, I started life speaking french...has the most polite way for the nastiest remarks, jokes or love-making. Translated into other languages they become easily ofensive. I'll try to refrain my natural enthusiasm...

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 04:42:43 AM »
...my father used to say that swearing was an indication of a limited vocabulary...

Mmmm! Limited vocabulary.. Interesting thought  ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Anyways,
WILCO Stef!
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 07:34:08 AM »
well, I started speaking english in Texas...oil workers really engrained foul language and a grosse (witty & funny!) sense of humor for the rest of my life. Remember, I started life speaking french...has the most polite way for the nastiest remarks, jokes or love-making. Translated into other languages they become easily ofensive. I'll try to refrain my natural enthusiasm...

Hola Don!   ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave::  Welcome back to the forum, my friend!!!  We missed you!!!   ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 10:20:51 PM »
Hola Don!   ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave::  Welcome back to the forum, my friend!!!  We missed you!!!   ::wave:: ::wave:: ::wave::
Well, andropause managment has its moments. The inminent crossing of my Wolf Soloco/Solovino, to the other shore, cracked my hart for a little while...some drastic comments on this forum with my humor absent ::banghead::...instead of reading "Humor, I need humor" I just gave my PC a very angry CLICK to exit this forum ::rambo:: (terible temper!)

::type:: I was asked very politly: "no shoes ::bow:: no mascots ::bow:: no making the post difficult to read ::bow:: "...so WILCO !!! |:)\ I agree to limited topics |:)\  ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:50:56 AM by donYan »

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 02:11:49 PM »
Okay, this is a NEW call to order!

DonYan, welcome back to our forum! But please try to pay some more attention where you write what. You are free to write about whatever subject you like, but try to make it fit to the topic. As much as we all feel with you and your pets, it doesn't fit in here at all! Nor do the images of your shoes. If there's anything you want to write about and it doesn't fit to any topic, feel free to create a new one!

No hard feelings, please. Topics always shift this way and that, but you just sometimes change it completely, which makes this forum a bit hard to read.

Thanks a lot!!  |:)\

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
 ::banghead:: WILCO !!!  |:)\ ::wave::