Author Topic: Good Morning...  (Read 12387 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Good Morning...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 07:02:37 PM »
was nunerne ist?  my translator doesn't know that word--- ???

It was just that day, but the weather is so lousy although it is supposed to be fine. Grrr.

Normally I try to get up early. The early bird gets the worm. The riding is easier in the morning hours, too. No heat, no insects and no people searching for mushrooms. Niki Lauda (Lauda Air) said: if you look for the day you have to look for him in the morning. He is one of the most successful Austrians.

Nünerne is a Swiss definition for the nine o’clock break. German Switzerland, around Bern. I’m sure the Italian “minority” has the same. In Italian. La novelino … soethingsomething? ;)

The nine o’clock break is a common standard in Europe. If someone would attack Europe, nine o’clock in the morning would be the best time.

@ Fireflyr: OOOPS, as you can see I gave you the bad translation of a swiss word, sorry! We never stop learning!
@ Roland: I think you could translate it with "pausa caffé". I'm sure we have another way to say it, but I can't come up with a better one now............
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

fireflyr

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 03:49:55 AM »
Roland----Is this the Niki Lauda that raced cars? 

Happy----I wake up with a smile because I'm married to a young beautiful woman! ;)  Let your imagination run wild!

Chukar---I've got 2 Jack Russell Terriers that normally live 2 feet in the air but they want to stay under the covers till 0700 when Mama gets up---we sleep with them and a cat---doesn't everyone?

Sleek---sounds like your dog has YOU trained!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 09:25:47 AM »
Fireflyr:  Lucky Wife yours! She could read compliments in every page here.....Looks like there can be aviators without any more problem of Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome!!! You made me remember of when I was with my former, and he went to a check with an examiner, and told me the last one used to say him during the entire check "Ya know, aviation and women....no way they can live together". If only he had seen that in my former's AFM there were scribbling in everypage, like "luv u Cloud9".......(kind of sky related nickname!) BTW, did you have problems training your terriers?  ??? I had a cairn terrier, and I had the same problem Sleek had, plus the fact he was always escaping to a neighbour and was a kind of loner… I tried to instruct him but was never able…and I still ignore if it’s a problem of terriers, as somebody told me, or if – just – I was not good at this task… ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 02:14:18 PM by happylanding »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »
Yes that's the racing-driver, there was an article in the 80's about it in a danish carmagazine (I still have), interesting change of life isn't it? Calmer, but faster (for the pilot at least) :)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »
@ fireflyr: Yep, Frank is right (he has to be). Suprises me that you know him from this side. I thought you’ll know him as an aviator.
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 10:06:04 PM »
To all those on the other side of the prime meridian... ;D ;D ;D

Good morning? I’m working since almost two hours already. It is 09:00 middle European summer time. But thanks for the reminder; time for coffee! ;D For the Nünerne, as it is called in the german part of the Schwiez. ;)

was nunerne ist?  my translator doesn't know that word--- ???

And I don't know why there's so many grumpy folks about morning----I ALWAYS wake up by 0500 because my Dad  |:)\(who was an undertaker :() told me never miss the chance to be awake for the sunrise since there will be lots of time to sleep after you die!  ;)

It was just that day, but the weather is so lousy although it is supposed to be fine. Grrr.

Normally I try to get up early. The early bird gets the worm. The riding is easier in the morning hours, too. No heat, no insects and no people searching for mushrooms. Niki Lauda (Lauda Air) said: if you look for the day you have to look for him in the morning. He is one of the most successful Austrians.

Nünerne is a Swiss definition for the nine o’clock break. German Switzerland, around Bern. I’m sure the Italian “minority” has the same. In Italian. La novelino … soethingsomething? ;)

The nine o’clock break is a common standard in Europe. If someone would attack Europe, nine o’clock in the morning would be the best time.

OK guys!

that's my turn! As a born Swiss german escaped to the italian part I'll explain the story about the breaks:
The morning break at 0900LT is called Znüni ("Nüni" is dialect for neun.. means nine)
The afternoon break at 1600LT is called Zvieri ("Vieri" is dialect for vier.. means four)
ZULU at the beginning means sort of "at"....
How to say? Znüni... no idea, this strange u is really hard.. Zvieri just say Zfieri.. ..stuff like that...
I think in Austria they have the "Jause" for the afternoon break, haven't they??

In the italian part there is no need for a break, as they are "breaking" the whole day ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 10:21:54 PM by SteepTurn »
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 10:13:22 PM »
OK guys!

that's my turn! As a born Swiss german escaped to the italian part I'll explain the story about the breaks:
The morning break at 0900LT is called Znüni ("Nüni" is dialect for neun.. means nine)
The afternoon break at 1600LT is called Zvieri ("Vieri" is dialect for vier.. means four)
How to say? Znüni... no idea, this strange u is really hard.. Zvieri just say Zfieri.. ..stuff like that...
I think in Austria they have the "Jause" for the afternoon break, haven't they??

In the italian part there is no need for a break, as they are "breaking" the whole day ;D ;D

Wow....schwytzerdutsch lessons on the web!! Seen for the first time in chicken wings forum!
We never stop learning!!!  :D :D :D

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 04:01:08 AM »
Thats right, if we all stay here long enough we'll speak two or three languages.
WOW I did that!

fireflyr

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 08:52:33 AM »
HAPPY---Thanks but my 1st marriage suffered from AIDS so I pay a lot of attention to this one, that's why I found "nunerne" to be humorous-- here we have "NOONER" which is a different sort of break  ::) ;) and of course we have a  morner which is like a nooner--just sooner! ;D
Jack Russells are very intelligent and very high energy dogs who demand positive reinforcement training, typically, the females are easier to teach than the males because of territory issues with the males (that's why I bought my darling a humongous diamond ring----I was marking my territory!) ;)

fireflyr

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 09:04:38 AM »
@ fireflyr: Yep, Frank is right (he has to be). Suprises me that you know him from this side. I thought you’ll know him as an aviator.
Why shucks guys, even us ole Yankee boys kin pay attention to Grand Prix racing ya know--it ain't the exclusive purview of Europeans (insert hillbilly smiley with teeth missing) ;D

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 01:09:21 PM »
Jack Russells are very intelligent and very high energy dogs who demand positive reinforcement training, typically, the females are easier to teach than the males because of territory issues with the males (that's why I bought my darling a humongous diamond ring----I was marking my territory!) ;)

Fireflyr: that's an interesting think about the difference between males and females dogs. Actually, I think I did the big mistake of choosing a dog just because it was a little tender puppy (like choosing an aircraft from the color of the fuselage..... ;) ;)), comparing any terrier to a Yorkshire  terrier (the one I had before), and ignoring the differences you said about sexes and yeah, the energy needed. I couldn't ever have found all the time he required and neither I'm a good educator. Gosh, next time I will go for two gold fishes!!!!

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 06:01:49 PM »
Jack Russells are very intelligent and very high energy dogs....
I don't know, but the Jack Russell which was "sitted" by my sister didn't seem neither intelligent nor high energy... probably it was due to his age, one missing leg and a blind eye ??? ???
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 04:35:05 AM »
Yeah that would probably slow it down a little, but I know a terrier that got hit by a car and lost a leg.  Didn't slow him down one bit. 
WOW I did that!

fireflyr

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 10:58:54 PM »
Jack Russells are very intelligent and very high energy dogs....
I don't know, but the Jack Russell which was "sitted" by my sister didn't seem neither intelligent nor high energy... probably it was due to his age, one missing leg and a blind eye ??? ???

Well hell Steep, what do you expect from a half blind 3 legged old coot---I don't see well and I walk with with a limp and I sure don't have the energy I did when I was 60 years old---come to think of it, that dog and I have a lot in common!!!!! :D

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 12:03:08 AM »
my ex-roommate had 2 jacks and my sister has a jack. very energetic and intelligent dogs. i'd like to have one but i'm not sure that i can handle that much energy at the moment. i am considering getting another dog though. i'm thinking of another Lab or perhaps a German Shepherd. i'm more of a big dog type of person.....
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown