Author Topic: TSA onset in Brazilian airports?  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Cpt. Blade

TSA onset in Brazilian airports?
« on: December 01, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »
If you think the paranoid fever in the USA airports is already bad enough, what about this new strain found in Brazil:

It happened some time ago to a friend of mine, we are doing flight training in the same air club. He went to the AIS at around 10 pm, to file a flightplan for a flight he would do the next morning. The Uberlandia airport (SBUL), however, has an interesting layout: the AIS and the tower are away from the terminal, which means you have to show your flight license to a guard and then walk through much of the movement area and in front of a busy maintenance hangar before reaching the TWR.

After he asked for the guard to pass, and after showing his license, the guard was unwilling to let him through the door. He then explained politely that he needed to get to the AIS in order to prepare and file his FPL. The guard shrugged. After arguing that, by law, the flight license allows you to enter the airport, the guard said: "Just because you are a pilot, it doesn't mean you are allowed to go to the AIS". No, I didn't make this one up.

My friend spent some more minutes trying to argue with the guard. The man said that "he would have to walk in front of the hangars, which is no allowed". But if you avoid the hangars, then you walk right onto the taxiway. The guard only shrugged at these arguments, until my friend gave up and walked off the terminal.

Then, by sheer luck, he stumbled upon the chief supervisor of the TWR. After explaining the problem, the supervisor got really mad at the guard, and went to confront him personally. After hearing from his superior that "yes, just because he is pilot he is allowed to go to the AIS, dammit", the guard backed off, blushed out of shame.

Yep, there are already some paranoid airport guards who won't believe that a pilot is actually a pilot even after he shows his flight license. If this one spreads, we are screwed.
Behold, the only three phrases a co-pilot is ever allowed to say: "nice landing, captain"; "it was the wind, captain"; "the fat girl is mine, captain".

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Re: TSA onset in Brazilian airports?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:19:18 AM »
Phew... kinda late to read this. But it makes you wonder where they find those kind of people?! Are they really all WalMart and McDonalds rejects?

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: TSA onset in Brazilian airports?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
Yep, there are already some paranoid airport guards who won't believe that a pilot is actually a pilot even after he shows his flight license. If this one spreads, we are screwed.

If this one breeds, we ALL are screwed!   ::banghead:: ::rambo::

... Wait a sec...  I think its too late!  They're already in charge!  WE TRULY ARE SCREWED!!!   ::eek::   ::unbelieveable::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall