Author Topic: BOREDOM (ideas)  (Read 4131 times)

Offline UtahHeli_Ken

BOREDOM (ideas)
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:34:33 PM »
So here i sit. Middle of nowhere in Colorado. Been snowing for two days with no signs of stopping. SO no flying for us. Any grand ideas on what to do when your stuck in a hotel room all day?!

Or stories of where you have been stuck due to weather, problems, what have you?
The only ones who fail, are those that quit.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: BOREDOM (ideas)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 12:27:48 AM »
So here i sit. Middle of nowhere in Colorado. Been snowing for two days with no signs of stopping. SO no flying for us. Any grand ideas on what to do when your stuck in a hotel room all day?!

Or stories of where you have been stuck due to weather, problems, what have you?

Been there done that....I'll give you a hint:

::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 01:30:06 AM »
Done that 1000 times. I see that you are not in Provo, UT, you should be able to find somthing to drink.

First choice, go have a drink at hotel bar and hope there is a good looking women in the same situation as you. If it's not the case, and you have a laptop with internet, 2 bottle of wine and a game of poker is my prescription. If you don't have a laptop, you will need 3 bottle of wine.

My worst situation like that was in a big city on a country where you can't be safe. I was warned not to go outside the hotel fense without the taxi driver that was assign to me. When I saw the guards with machine guns wearing bullet prouve vest (some with holes in it) in front of the hotel, I decided to trust the advice not to go outside. I was there for a few weeks and each Friday 5pm until Monday mornings, I had to stay inside the hotel. No internet connection, some tv but nothing interesting. Alchool was my solution.

My best experience was in Fairbanks, AK. Had 2 days without nothing to do. Found a bar and had wonderfull times chating with locals and workers stock there.

If you don't drink, I'm sorry but I have no idea.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:42:25 AM »
Done that 1000 times. I see that you are not in Provo, UT, you should be able to find somthing to drink.

First choice, go have a drink at hotel bar and hope there is a good looking women in the same situation as you. If it's not the case, and you have a laptop with internet, 2 bottle of wine and a game of poker is my prescription. If you don't have a laptop, you will need 3 bottle of wine.

My worst situation like that was in a big city on a country where you can't be safe. I was warned not to go outside the hotel fense without the taxi driver that was assign to me. When I saw the guards with machine guns wearing bullet prouve vest (some with holes in it) in front of the hotel, I decided to trust the advice not to go outside. I was there for a few weeks and each Friday 5pm until Monday mornings, I had to stay inside the hotel. No internet connection, some tv but nothing interesting. Alchool was my solution.

My best experience was in Fairbanks, AK. Had 2 days without nothing to do. Found a bar and had wonderfull times chating with locals and workers stock there.

If you don't drink, I'm sorry but I have no idea.

Dang!  Were you in Lagos?

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline UtahHeli_Ken

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »
Wow cotejy. That bad situation is bad!! Unfortunately I don't drink. Keep gettin told I will start if I stay in aviation.for.long!
The only ones who fail, are those that quit.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 11:36:14 PM »
Download "Silent Hunter IV" the submarine sim game!
Hours of navigating, stolking, torpedo shooting, and time wasting for those days where you have nothing to do but have to stay sober  ;)

We all got into it at my company last summer. Makes the day go by when there are no fires.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 12:44:27 AM »

I can get through windows solitaire in under 60 seconds with a good hand.   It is well under 2 minutes for me to know whether it's winnable or not (70-90 seconds)... solitaire doesn't help pass the time as much as it used to.

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"