Poll

How do you prepare before a flight

Complete preparation including meteo briefing, preflight inspection, etc.
9 (60%)
look at the sky, preflight inpection
4 (26.7%)
no rain -> checked, two wings -> checked, ready for departure
1 (6.7%)
Preparation? What preparation? Just jump in, start the engine, full throttle, takeoff
0 (0%)
I'm scared about flying
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Preparation  (Read 9696 times)

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
Preparation
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:08:49 AM »
Hello mates!
I often hear people they don't "waste" time for the flight preparation....
In my opinion it's like a suicide.... but anyhow, I'm curious about your "style" of preparation ??? :D

Thanks and many happy landings!!!
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Preparation
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 08:45:41 AM »
C'mon! everybody will think you're from FAA!!!!    ;D ;D
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

fireflyr

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 09:08:34 AM »
How about "kick the tires-light the fires-and go for it"? ???

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 12:43:22 PM »
How about "kick the tires-light the fires-and go for it"? ???

Back in my Tri-Pacer days, I was flying about 40 miles to a near by airport, doing a little electrical wiring for a friend of mine (who happened to own the Tri-Pacer... ;D ) on my days off.  I had alot of days off.  Anyways, I got to the point I would just show up at the airport, check the tanks and the oil, hop in and take-off...  |:)\

This was also pre-9/11, so you didn't have to worry about a TFR or the like popping up instantly. 
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline fliboye

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 12:59:11 AM »
it is an off colored preflight check bu the guys will understand

tes******
specticals
wallet
and keys

lets go :P

no ffense to the ladies I ave heard them say it toooo hehhehehe
I got into aviation because it was fun now I'm stuck cause I need the money ;-))))

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 01:47:02 AM »
I think I'd rather have fuel onboard.

And am I the only one in here that does not want to meet a woman that uses that line?  :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 06:51:19 AM »

tes******
specticals
wallet
and keys

What does specticals mean?!? HAHA! You made me remember that I noticed that men who hates flying (my brother is a good example but he lived two emergencies in his life, so his fears have a reason) during take off and landing have hands resting on crotches....

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 09:26:01 AM »
Old word for glasses, I personally have light-sensitive eyes so I even went as far as order some Intellitec flight-glasses from USA, Shields Eyewear I think it was, the normal cheap one was sold out but they has some red-tinted with red cord made for NASA left so I got those instead, I use them everyday now. Someone claimed on their site he'd pulled 10g's with them in his plane without them moving, hehe well no kidding, it depends on what direction those come from I guess but they are nice, except hard to put on with a cord instead of frame (to relæieve pressure from a headset as opposed to metal frames pressed into your head).

That could actually be an interesting question, what glasses to pilots use? Ray Ban Aviator's or more special/new ones like me?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 12:22:57 PM »
Old word for glasses, I personally have light-sensitive eyes so I even went as far as order some Intellitec flight-glasses from USA, Shields Eyewear I think it was, the normal cheap one was sold out but they has some red-tinted with red cord made for NASA left so I got those instead, I use them everyday now. Someone claimed on their site he'd pulled 10g's with them in his plane without them moving, hehe well no kidding, it depends on what direction those come from I guess but they are nice, except hard to put on with a cord instead of frame (to relæieve pressure from a headset as opposed to metal frames pressed into your head).

That could actually be an interesting question, what glasses to pilots use? Ray Ban Aviator's or more special/new ones like me?

Frank

Ahhhhh, okay! but in this checklist there is the big watch missing, isn't it?!?  :) :) :) :) :) :)
Frank, thank you for the translation, I could not find the world anywhere!
Regarding sunglasses, I'm not picky when it comes to them: I've used during 8 yrs the same kind of sunglasses, a Joop! style that was soon out of style, but I was mad with it (I once lost it and called Joop! to have a new pair, 4 years after it was out of production....luckily enough, they still had some pairs....). But a week ago I finally changed and went for a Ray ban aviator rb3291, that's really STYLISH. The point is I never (almost never) use sunglasses when flying (!!!) but all the time on ground (evn at evening til there is a chance to see out): I use them to hide my gaze, since I've the bad habit of staring at people, observing what they're doing....I also use eyeglasses and almost nobody saw me with them, since I do not feel at ease (contact lenses are more comfy). In that case I just go mad: funny structures, funny colours (the last ones are red/pink and another pair is turquoise/yellow)....

fireflyr

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 02:19:53 AM »

tes******
specticals
wallet
and keys

What does specticals mean?!? HAHA! You made me remember that I noticed that men who hates flying (my brother is a good example but he lived two emergencies in his life, so his fears have a reason) during take off and landing have hands resting on crotches....

The universal "hand on crotch" manuever is used throughout the galaxy except by the Ferrengi (who also resort to it but only in the presence of Roxxana Troi's mother) as a way of "daddy's last ditch to save the family jewels"-----or sometimes as a way of saying "I'm bored"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 03:36:15 PM by fireflyr »

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 10:10:18 AM »
The universal "hand on crotch" manuever is used throughout the galaxy except by the Ferrengi (who also resort to it but only in the presence of Roxxana Troi's mother) as a way of "daddy's last ditch to save the family jewels"-----or sometimes as a way of saying "I'm bored, how about a message?"
And you

It seems that in this particular case the female genre doesn't have anything to save, resting hands in a particular place: I can't actually think about any maneuver alike. At maximum, I can say I've some behavioural patterns I reproduce, just because of superstitions: on a carrier flight I always catch the "emergency card"  and turn it upside down before takeoff (in this case I also have a kind of mania, since I usually steal it after the flight and have a large collection....). But I would not go flying if it happened to me a particular situation in which I could read a superstitious meaning and upsets me (as being the third in a row to light a cigarette with the same match, hearing an owl singing on the roof of the house, having the salt spread on the table, finding a spade card somewhere). It surely sound quite stupid, but these are some of the biggest paranoia and irrational fears I've.   ;) ;) ;) .......And ohhhh, I would never ever go out of my house without a charm I've always have with me.....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 10:22:08 AM by happylanding »

fireflyr

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 03:33:48 PM »
I apologize!!
I have to remember that my wise-cracks do not always translate well to other laguages---no need for discussion--

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »
I apologize!!
I have to remember that my wise-cracks do not always translate well to other laguages---no need for discussion--

oooops, I think I saw it now what you meant ;)

Offline FB41

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 05:23:55 PM »
I think I'd rather have fuel onboard.

And am I the only one in here that does not want to meet a woman that uses that line?  :D

Frank

You ain't the only one...

Offline fliboye

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 01:07:13 AM »
hopefully I did not offend ??? i
I got into aviation because it was fun now I'm stuck cause I need the money ;-))))