Author Topic: Done Loading Cargo  (Read 5096 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Done Loading Cargo
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »
Yup, I'm afraid this strip is very much a statement of fact Stef.

There is a saying in aviation, "The airplane is not ready to fly until the paperwork equals its maximum Gross Weight."

Still a good one fellas!   |:)\

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Re: Done Loading Cargo
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 11:15:10 PM »
The best part is waiting for it to print   ::banghead::
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:18:37 AM »
we now have to add it into our load calculation when we fly for the government.....
We have to fly with all the contracts, 135 manual, hazmat excemption paperwork and so on....
I believe it's 10 or 15 lbs all in all

::sick:: ::banghead::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 04:27:45 AM »
we now have to add it into our load calculation when we fly for the government.....
We have to fly with all the contracts, 135 manual, hazmat excemption paperwork and so on....

Put it all on a thumbdrive.....less than one oz......I do....
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 04:45:56 AM »

Put it all on a thumbdrive.....less than one oz......I do....

I'm sure most operators would... if only their POI would approve!   ::banghead::

Local FSDO's are extremely reluctant to move into the 21st century when it comes to paperwork.  Methinks they all fear a gang-banging if they don't have some paper-wipe to CYA.  I am very happy to hear you have such a forward-thinking POI, G-Man.   |:)\

I was in New Orleans for three weeks last month flying for a 135 operator under contract to USFWS.  I was REQUIRED to have all that BS paperwork on hand with me.  I don't know what good it did, but I had it just in case.  It certainly didn't do me any good during the two emergencies I had while I was flying down there, but if nothing else it provided some ballast in the cargo bin of the C172RG to make the pitch forces not so heavy.   ::complaining:

RC 
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
well, also, I still have to put it in the download, G.
I think it's even in the contract, but definitely the bid, where you have to deduct it for paperwork and contract. so you're losing the weight eiter way, thumbdrive or not....

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 11:53:43 PM »
Yup, Mike, that's the same with us...  it has to be listed, and has to be shown on the weight load...

:)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 03:23:28 AM »
We still carry most of our manuals just to be safe....but they have been shrunk down to 8 by 5 double sided sheets of paper and I have removed all the blank pages, and then just a simple bind....Kinkis does it all...therefore our 135/133/hazmat manuals weigh half a pound combined.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 07:01:32 AM »
We still carry most of our manuals just to be safe....but they have been shrunk down to 8 by 5 double sided sheets of paper and I have removed all the blank pages, and then just a simple bind....Kinkis does it all...therefore our 135/133/hazmat manuals weigh half a pound combined.

That sounds like a good idea. We should do the same thing on our end.
I still think you have to include the full 10 or 15 lbs into your equipped weight though, don't you?
Must depend which USFS guy you get during the audit and how much common sense is being applied......  ::thinking:: ::whistle::
I remember there was some sort of formula....
(but I haven't been in the office in weeks and I am not going in just to check on this  ;) )

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:04:52 AM »
I was once given a load sheet on a post-it note;
"JM"

Empty DHC-twin otter...  ::rofl::

The pilot and I had a (very) short conversation and then I got off at 15,000 feet. Booring jump, nice lift time.
Oh and it was one of those nice "tax refund" jumps too, done quite a few of those.  ::whistle::
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »

That sounds like a good idea. We should do the same thing on our end.
I still think you have to include the full 10 or 15 lbs into your equipped weight though, don't you?
Must depend which USFS guy you get during the audit and how much common sense is being applied......  ::thinking:: ::whistle::

I did an actual weighing of our "document bag"....luckily I deal with the common sense people so far.