Author Topic: Comics for week 40 2010  (Read 4993 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Comics for week 40 2010
« on: October 10, 2010, 05:37:48 AM »
I must say, it's tough to adjust to now getting Chicken Wings three times a week instead of one, not that I'm complaining however :D

Chuck vs Drug Runners: Classic robber-story (danish expression when you're telling a tall tale to get out of trouble). This behaviour however isn't Chuck-exclusive although he does have a good imagination, just one flaw would be if he hadn't been to Mexico (and that he'd never be able to escape) :D

A regulation for Everything: Hahaha, another good one, the mention of the toilet-paper makes me think of another danish expression: "At blive undersøg i hoved og røv" = To be checked in head and (alternative meaning for the alternative word for doneky) :D It refers to being very thorough which is definately the case here  |:)\ ::rofl::

Getting Paid To Fly: Priceless  ::bow::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Comics for week 40 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:31:12 PM »
The "priceless" strip is still near and dear to my heart.

To this day new pilots flying for the commuters still make less money than the guy taking your order at McDonalds. I think that there is something wrong with that.  ::sulk::
I usually don't let it get to me too much when people don't like one of our strips but I still remember somebody posting this strip in the AOPA forum and another guy commenting "I hate this little duck, he demeans us all!".
I was hurt, and clearly the guy didn't get the message we tried to convey with this strip......  ::banghead::

also, Stef was hurt because he thought he was drawing chickens the whole time......  ::rofl::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:28:23 AM »
Chickens!?  ::unbelieveable::
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »
Mike and Stef, don't be hurt.  AOPA's forums are so full of trolls I won't even go there.  The fact that he called Chuck a duck just goes to show you what an idiot the poster is...  can't get his facts straight.

Keep those great strips coming!

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »
Mike and Stef, don't be hurt.  AOPA's forums are so full of trolls I won't even go there.  The fact that he called Chuck a duck just goes to show you what an idiot the poster is...  can't get his facts straight.

Keep those great strips coming!

RC

Thanks RC! Wilco!

I stumbeld across another forum where somebody wrote "I don't think this guy ever made a single funny comic"... Again, someone who calls Mike and me "this guy" can't have been reading very thoroughly...

The first time I read negative feedback, it really stung, but by now I read so much of it, I don't even care anymore! Hahahaha!  ;D Seriously though, we'll never be able to create something that everybody likes, so I don't take that personal anymore. Especially if it's written by some troll-like creature, because then he's obviously not our target ausdience.

One observation about trolls in general: Boy, if those people would have the guts to speak their mind in the same way in real life, they'd soon die out!  ;D

Offline Kelpex

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 05:03:43 PM »

One observation about trolls in general: Boy, if those people would have the guts to speak their mind in the same way in real life, they'd soon die out!  ;D

If only we could be so lucky! ;)

That F117 looks like it would have been a nightmare to draw!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:05:25 PM by Kelpex »

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 05:46:51 PM »

If only we could be so lucky! ;)

That F117 looks like it would have been a nightmare to draw!

It was, I heard! And Stef made a typo somewhere writing 177 instead of 117 and immediately got scolded......    ;D ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Kelpex

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:08:31 PM »

It was, I heard! And Stef made a typo somewhere writing 177 instead of 117 and immediately got scolded......    ;D ;D

Haha, and rightly so! ;)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:08:05 PM »
One observation about trolls in general: Boy, if those people would have the guts to speak their mind in the same way in real life, they'd soon die out! 

Most trolls look like this:
 ;D
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall