Author Topic: Contrails vs chemtrails.  (Read 10788 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Contrails vs chemtrails.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 08:34:38 PM »
HA HA!!

leave it up to the G-Man to put things in perspective!

This is awesome!  ::wave:: ::rofl::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 11:05:33 PM »
LMFAO G-Man!  Awesome one!   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 11:40:48 AM »
You just earned a point, G-man. And that is something to say :D ::rofl:: ::rofl::
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Jupiter

• Fledgling
  • Aerospace engineering student
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »
There was an incident last year where our faculty's research jet was mistaken for a UFO while flying around third-year students. They said it made chemtrails in weird shapes, and manoeuvres impossible for any aircraft... Eventually, the newspaper article about this was posted on a notification board somewhere on the faculty, along with the time and date when they flew around there. Even conspricay theorists get it wrong sometimes :P
Studying Aerospace Engineering since 2008
Designing, building and maintaining aircraft since 2008
Drummer since 1999
Balloon support crew since 2009
Built rockets between 2008-2010

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »
Thanks for everyone's input. I think Fabo's post is the one that most got my attention.

Now there of course is technology to alter weather... specifically, to make clouds rain before they want to. Has to do with shooting iodium crystales (or something of that kind) into clouds so they go off before, or alternatively, still away from, the big day. I have read about it being delivered by planes, but in more of shovel-it-out-of-cargo-door fashion, or shot up the cloud by the means of rocketry. Hardly stuff you could just push through a jet engine.

It is true that newer planes are better at doing contrails. It might also be true that the engines exhaust gasses are just more prone to it due better burning and whatnot, but you have to consider that nowadays, airplanes are more likely to be found in flight levels better suited for contrail forming than some 20 years ago (compare optimal FL of 737NG is often FL400ish, A320 FL370ish even on shorter hops, while 737 Classic would mostly only go as high as 330,340)

It occurs to me that most pilots and companies probably would not want to throw mysterious additives into their Jet-A just to cropdust a community. I mean, hey, these pilots fly over their families too, right? Not to mention possible wear on engines and fuel systems if they have to push weird stuff through the engines to make "chemtrails".

And I agree. G-man's post is ace!