Author Topic: CPT and women  (Read 48661 times)

undatc

Re: CPT and women
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2007, 11:30:54 PM »
Life is good, and we have a lot of good fortune to go along with the rocks on the runways.   ;)

Arent rocks on the runway usually bad?  LoL, any who, change is something we can do, and its something I work on quite a bit, its hard though to change when you dont know what you want to change to.  Yes be yourself, but that begs the question, what if who I really am isn't who I want to be?  Too deep for me, I took several years of philosophy in school, this topic can go on forever.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2007, 12:49:15 AM »
YESSS, it can!!  You have it nailed.   ;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

undatc

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2007, 02:12:55 AM »
Yea, I just dont like not knowing my future.  Comes I guess form the way I was raised, and also being type A personality, as well as being a controller, I like to know everything and plan everything out, and it drives me nuts not knowing.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2007, 03:08:54 AM »
Yea, I just dont like not knowing my future.  Comes I guess form the way I was raised, and also being type A personality, as well as being a controller, I like to know everything and plan everything out, and it drives me nuts not knowing.
Ditto! At least the last part, but that's due to me knowing that the world isn't as simple as too many people make it out to be and I prefer to make sure I know what I'm doing , especially when it's about something that could have serious consequences and I'm usually a person that takes things slowly, won't allow myself to get rushed since I know how I work the best and the consequences, it is however possible to make people understand it, but it's a complicated explanation, but still possible.

That being said, the only friends I have except the old couple that have been our familyfriends since I was small (but who are badly sick, in their 70s and who we can only rarely visit, less than once a month) are all people from the internet, and the closest of them are in western USA and I'm stuck here. I also never had a girlfriend and probably not just due to the fact that I never get near any since parties, bars etc. just have no interest for me, however I thing women are the most wonderful things on the planet, well maybe some planes can match but no cars. I just noticed however that the plane ticket just went back to the normal price so now any trip this yeas is impossible due to the ticket cost, just one month ago it was barely half what it is now again, I just don't get it! It's the same company, same level, cheapest possible.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2007, 09:13:37 PM »

one of the good things in life, and in that I agree with Mom, is change. do not bother if you do not have anything under control (well, I presume you should worry if it is one of the moving dots on the screen...). there are moments in life in which you will have actually nothing under control, and everything seems to slip away. at the end, they will show up as being moments that gave you a sparkle for the best.

Yes be yourself, but that begs the question, what if who I really am isn't who I want to be?  Too deep for me, I took several years of philosophy in school, this topic can go on forever.

It can happen. you look yourself at the mirror and do not recognize yourself anymore and you do not understand anymore what the hell you are, what you want, what you believe etc.
Luckiily enough, again, when it happens it also has an end. It took me 18 months to reply to all these answer, and some more I will not post here. :)  And let me tell, after the "trip in the underground", you come out with all the replies. Until it doesn't spontaneously happen, do not ask. it will be difficult to answer, since the answer are under your nose and in what you dream but we probably tend at not seeing them. they shine too much. If you can see what I mean! :) I was not good in philosophy, but life sometimes ask to stop and try to think hard!

And well, do not forget to add happylanding under the hopeless! It seems quite difficult to find somebody to pair with...since in my (happy)landings I always land alone! :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:15:08 PM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

undatc

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2007, 10:55:43 PM »
It can happen. you look yourself at the mirror and do not recognize yourself anymore and you do not understand anymore what the hell you are, what you want, what you believe etc.

I think thats where I am now.  I look at myself, and I dont know who I am.  I know what I love, and what I want, but how to get there, and how I wound up where I am I do not know.  The next several years are going to be so crazy, and traumatic for me, I doubt myself constantly.

Luckiily enough, again, when it happens it also has an end.

I look forward to the end of this period in my life.  Which is sad in a way as these are supposed to be the "best" years of my life.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2007, 11:52:57 PM »
Who said "The unexamined life is not worth living"? 

Things do get better......   :)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

undatc

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2007, 01:29:13 AM »
I hope so, thank you all.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2007, 09:07:22 AM »
I look forward to the end of this period in my life.  Which is sad in a way as these are supposed to be the "best" years of my life.

if it can be of any help, Dostoievski helped me a great deal with his "memories of the underground". But remember, while you are there, that it even if they are supposed to be for true the best years of your life, I was told the same thing, the fact you do not feel that, doesn't necessarily mean they are lost. you will get an equilibrium that will give you the chance to appreciate more and fully what comes next. you're almost at the end of your studies, it's a scary, incredibly scary moment, snce it's like when you're going to throw yourself out of a plane (never tried parachuting, but I still presume it could be the feeling). When I was in your shoes I was scared to death, and thought that maybe once I would have finished all  was looking for would not have realized, and maybe it was not was I was looking for, or maybe I was the wrong person for the future I wanted, and in the meantime, the love field had thrown me into a nightmare, collapsing, destroying the last piillar of lfe that was stll standing and had given some happiness and equilibrium, makng me feel betrayed by life, by love and with a big deal of sadness and loss and the feeling of responsability to have to cope with. And actually, they aren't always the best years of life. Don't stick to that belief, since they can be hard, but the work you're doing on yourself wll give you - and in that believe me - all the "weapons" necessary to enjoy more, and enojoy fully, what comes next and yourself too. I hope it can help.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:11:37 AM by happylanding »

undatc

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2007, 03:34:59 PM »
if it can be of any help, Dostoievski helped me a great deal with his "memories of the underground". But remember, while you are there, that it even if they are supposed to be for true the best years of your life, I was told the same thing, the fact you do not feel that, doesn't necessarily mean they are lost. you will get an equilibrium that will give you the chance to appreciate more and fully what comes next. you're almost at the end of your studies, it's a scary, incredibly scary moment, snce it's like when you're going to throw yourself out of a plane (never tried parachuting, but I still presume it could be the feeling). When I was in your shoes I was scared to death, and thought that maybe once I would have finished all  was looking for would not have realized, and maybe it was not was I was looking for, or maybe I was the wrong person for the future I wanted, and in the meantime, the love field had thrown me into a nightmare, collapsing, destroying the last piillar of lfe that was stll standing and had given some happiness and equilibrium, makng me feel betrayed by life, by love and with a big deal of sadness and loss and the feeling of responsability to have to cope with. And actually, they aren't always the best years of life. Don't stick to that belief, since they can be hard, but the work you're doing on yourself wll give you - and in that believe me - all the "weapons" necessary to enjoy more, and enojoy fully, what comes next and yourself too. I hope it can help.

I identify a lot with this.  This is my 6th year in college, and I'll be near 7 when all is said and done.  This has been the only constant unmoving thing in life for me.  In a few weeks, I'll register for classes, hopefully, for the last time.  It's really weird telling people im a senior in college.  I remeber, a long time ago, I think i was in sixth grade or so I was in the doctors office getting a check up for something or other, and I asked the doctor, "how many years it took him to become a doctor?"  He replied, "well 13 years in primaray school, 5 in college, and another 3 in med school, for a total of 20 years."  I turned to my mom with almost tears in my eyes, "I think I'll die if I have to go to school for 21 years."  And now looking back, this has been 15 years for me in school.  Wow.  I wonder quite often if I have chosen the right path.  In lab when I'm working traffic everything just flows, one clearence to the next, but when we get more into technical things, I struggle, for instance yesterday we started uncontrolled IFR departures from satalite airports.  It wasnt so much phraseology, thats easy, its time management.  I have to read N12345 a clearence and a void time, while DAL NWA and DLH are all calling in and AFR needs a turn and an ILS clearence.

It all worked out, though AFR busted the localizer, and had to make a left turn to 250 to reintercept, which also required a pointout to the North Sector, but because of the unique nature of the job, I can be cut loose at almsot anytime in the next several years.  If I fail anyone of several tests, I can no longer be a controller.  If I cant pass a medical, or a back ground  check, I can be a controller.  If my trainer at OKC doesnt like me, i cant be a controller.  It's really distressing to know all this, and wonder, "has the last 5 or 6 years been a waste?"  As if i dont check out, and cant be a controller, my degree is basicly, worthless.

Anyway, I wrote this as I was sitting in micro economics, and the prof was kinda giving me some dirty looks, so I think I'm gonna go back and pay attention to class.  Big game this weekend, Sioux & Gopher, I leave in a couple of hours to go to MSP for the game, wish the SIOUX luck!!!

fireflyr

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2007, 12:08:02 AM »
AW HECK, you'll be just fine.  And even if you busted the controller slot (unlikely happening), an education is never, I mean, NEVER , wasted!
And as far as this being the "best of times" ---EVERY day with it's promise of new adventures is always "the best"  no matter how many years pass.  You just have to always look forward to the promise that every new dawn brings, that's why I get up every day long before the sun rises,  so I can welcome the best day of my life, which is every single day that that I do wake up.   I'm 65 and I still get excited when the sun comes over the horizon---YIPEE  ::cowboy::
Life is one long holiday and the challenge of a hard job just makes you more keenly aware of your successes |:)\

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2007, 12:16:11 PM »
AW HECK, you'll be just fine.  And even if you busted the controller slot (unlikely happening), an education is never, I mean, NEVER , wasted!
And as far as this being the "best of times" ---EVERY day with it's promise of new adventures is always "the best"  no matter how many years pass.  You just have to always look forward to the promise that every new dawn brings, that's why I get up every day long before the sun rises,  so I can welcome the best day of my life, which is every single day that that I do wake up.   I'm 65 and I still get excited when the sun comes over the horizon---YIPEE  ::cowboy::
Life is one long holiday and the challenge of a hard job just makes you more keenly aware of your successes |:)\

I applaud your words Fireflyr. I will bear them in mind when I risk forgetting!

undatc

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2007, 10:40:51 PM »
Thanks for your words friends.  I'm having a blast this weekend here in MSP!!!  The Sioux in a major upset beat the Rodents (gophers) last night and we play them again here in about 3 hours.  Hopefully we can break out the brooms tonight!!!

Offline Afr1can_Av1ator

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2007, 05:43:55 AM »
I admire anyone who endures the training necessary to become a controller. I spent some time in a control tower waiting for official night in order to take a signal light test for color vision with an FAA inspector (KADS), and I've seen the work that goes into the job. I respect UNDATC for his knowledge, and I hope that one day, he will be watching my back.

In response to comments about knowing who we are, or who we want to become, I have to admit that discovering those answers are a large part of college. On the other hand, I believe in the God of the Bible, and a lot of who I desire to become, and who I have become is based on those beliefs. I don't have all my answers yet, but I have a firm belief that they will be revealed to me in their proper timing. When things are not in my control seems to be when my God has been able to work the most beneficial changes in my life.

In the relational side of life, I don't really see anything happening for me in the near future, but I believe that God has a plan for that too. For the moment, I'm not even sure I would have time for a relationship, so I am content to apply myself to study, and development of skill, study including scripture (go ahead and make fun of me for being a hermit...), and skill including mechanical skill as well as precision flying. I do hope to get married and raise a family some day, but I don't mind if my calling in life is otherwise.

And to answer the original topic: Outside of my University, which has hundreds of pilots, I've been careful who I inform of the fact that I'm a pilot. Many don't really care, and others as was previously mentioned automatically assume I'm an airline pilot or something, and look at me like I'm too young. I've actually been surprised by the number of people who are "impressed" by the fact that I hold a pilot's certificate. I guess it all really depends on the person you meet or talk to and their presuppositions about pilots. I think I've discovered that ultimately it's my Character and personality that define me a whole lot more than my education or learned skills.

I understand that I've introduced some potentially controversial views to this discussion, and I'm willing to take criticism for what I believe.

Learn from the past for hindsight is 20/20, live in the present for tomorrow worries aobut itself, plan for the future for it will take you by surprise if you're unprepared.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2007, 11:39:56 PM »
I admire anyone who endures the training necessary to become a controller. I spent some time in a control tower waiting for official night in order to take a signal light test for color vision with an FAA inspector (KADS), and I've seen the work that goes into the job. I respect UNDATC for his knowledge, and I hope that one day, he will be watching my back.

In response to comments about knowing who we are, or who we want to become, I have to admit that discovering those answers are a large part of college. On the other hand, I believe in the God of the Bible, and a lot of who I desire to become, and who I have become is based on those beliefs. I don't have all my answers yet, but I have a firm belief that they will be revealed to me in their proper timing. When things are not in my control seems to be when my God has been able to work the most beneficial changes in my life.

In the relational side of life, I don't really see anything happening for me in the near future, but I believe that God has a plan for that too. For the moment, I'm not even sure I would have time for a relationship, so I am content to apply myself to study, and development of skill, study including scripture (go ahead and make fun of me for being a hermit...), and skill including mechanical skill as well as precision flying. I do hope to get married and raise a family some day, but I don't mind if my calling in life is otherwise.

And to answer the original topic: Outside of my University, which has hundreds of pilots, I've been careful who I inform of the fact that I'm a pilot. Many don't really care, and others as was previously mentioned automatically assume I'm an airline pilot or something, and look at me like I'm too young. I've actually been surprised by the number of people who are "impressed" by the fact that I hold a pilot's certificate. I guess it all really depends on the person you meet or talk to and their presuppositions about pilots. I think I've discovered that ultimately it's my Character and personality that define me a whole lot more than my education or learned skills.

I understand that I've introduced some potentially controversial views to this discussion, and I'm willing to take criticism for what I believe.

Learn from the past for hindsight is 20/20, live in the present for tomorrow worries aobut itself, plan for the future for it will take you by surprise if you're unprepared.

… I always “envy” the people who have that belief, to tell the truth. In fact I think, take it as my opinion, that you have another kind of approach to life, that eases part of the contradictions, and helps when into the problems, and gives you patience, and hope and probably (and I say probably since I just look from the outside…) a certain set of replies already answered to. On the other side, for sure the only forces that can keep you upright are yours and yours only, and when you have to inflate some hope or patience, since you have none left, it’s demanding. Or, certain reply you gave in the past can be overturned in a sec and you find yourself lost again, 36 under, to have to climb up from the beginning...And it always seemed to me that to believers that doesn't happen. But belief is a mystery, right? :)

And...Don’t take it for granted, but even if you do not have time, the day you fall in love, I dare say that time expands and you will see that you can do all you were doing, plus spend time with your beloved. At least, for me it worked…but maybe it was because mine was an overworking pilot?!? :)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:45:46 PM by happylanding »