Author Topic: CPT and women  (Read 48752 times)

fireflyr

Re: CPT and women
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »
ME OFFENDED!!!! >:(

NAW, it's just history and I like making fun with it----things always happen for a reason---it's like when life gives you lemons, well, just make lemonade!! ;D

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 08:41:40 PM »

NAW, it's just history and I like making fun with it----things always happen for a reason---it's like when life gives you lemons, well, just make lemonade!! ;D

I will remember that......... the part about lemon, considered that my life is quite sour lately!!!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 03:51:54 AM »

I will remember that......... the part about lemon, considered that my life is quite sour lately!!!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

btw: Is this a wedding ring on your finger there in the picture? ("post your picture" thread)
You don't have one of those husbands who don't understand and/or don't enjoy flying, do you?!?!?
That would be bad   :-\
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 09:02:14 AM »
btw: Is this a wedding ring on your finger there in the picture? ("post your picture" thread)
You don't have one of those husbands who don't understand and/or don't enjoy flying, do you?!?!?

Nooo, it is not a wedding ring (or well, it is, but I bought it for myself!) , it must be a kind of...............Bridget Jones' mania  :D :D :D :from time to time I buy myself one......(and maybe I should take care, since I'm often mistaken for a married woman!!!!). I could never have a boyfriend/husband who doesn't understand/ enjoy flying! it would be like being with somebody who dislikes an important part of the significant other!! Can you imagine? to have to fight to go flying? Nahhh, too depressing!

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 09:42:31 AM »
Frank and Mike: to reply to your question….it depends.
From what I could and can see, there are:
a)   Men who are pilots and dislike women in cockpit. (I had a really tough time during the courses with an instructor who was alike!!!).
b)   Pedestrian men who get scared about a woman being a pilot and run away…
c)   Pedestrian men who see in this a chance to talk about engines and such (even if it is not the same thing!!!), thinking they have found a new beer buddy ;)
d)   Pedestrian who takes the info easily. But they never ask for a ride!
e)   Men who are pilots and like the fact that women fly.
So, at the end, it happens that outside of the airport I do not usually say anything about the license!

Hy there!
Generally, as I told yesterday on the phone: It doesn't work!!! I didn't really try it, but if you're talking to a person.. knowing her/him better allways you're talking about hobbies, or not?
replying to the points mentioned here:
a)   it depends what a woman does in the cockpit... bringing a coffee or some food it's ok  ;)
d)  It's not a question of sex, anyway, people don't ask for a ride... P.S. when you have some passengers aboard seat belts fastened and door closed, try to ask if       anybody can find a Users Manual about the plane you're sitting in.....  ;D
e)  ....because during the flight, these women don't create chaos on the roads :-X
...I hope I won't be banned for these lines

enjoy your flights!
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 06:49:43 PM »

Nooo, it is not a wedding ring (or well, it is, but I bought it for myself!) , it must be a kind of...............Bridget Jones' mania  :D :D :D :from time to time I buy myself one......(and maybe I should take care, since I'm often mistaken for a married woman!!!!). I could never have a boyfriend/husband who doesn't understand/ enjoy flying! it would be like being with somebody who dislikes an important part of the significant other!! Can you imagine? to have to fight to go flying? Nahhh, too depressing!

Oh good! I was worried when you mentioned the "sour life"
But it looks like you got your s#%t together!

Unfortunately I can not only imagine how this is since I went through it but only for a very very short period (obvously)
One girl once asked: "Can't you do anything else for a living"
guess what the answer was?
"NOPE"
...and out the door she went....
just to mention one example. something similar happened two more times. And I have finally found a really cool girl who doesn't mind at all. Her dad used to own a plane and she even has a few hours logged. It was worth the wait!! ;D

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 08:24:45 PM »

Oh good! I was worried when you mentioned the "sour life"
But it looks like you got your s#%t together!

Unfortunately I can not only imagine how this is since I went through it but only for a very very short period (obvously)
One girl once asked: "Can't you do anything else for a living"
guess what the answer was?
"NOPE"
...and out the door she went....
just to mention one example. something similar happened two more times. And I have finally found a really cool girl who doesn't mind at all. Her dad used to own a plane and she even has a few hours logged. It was worth the wait!! ;D

Well, almost got all my s%&% together, but still having some WIP going on!
Well, that’s already a big problem. I always think that it’s possible to stay together only if the significant other accepts what he has in front of him/her. And I can see your point of view, and it is one of the things that must be taken into account......
No wonder my former was a pilot: the passion for flight can be a really sticky glue! And it’s unusual for an outsider to understand what it means!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 10:00:22 PM »

Well, almost got all my s%&% together, but still having some WIP going on!
Well, that’s already a big problem. I always think that it’s possible to stay together only if the significant other accepts what he has in front of him/her. And I can see your point of view, and it is one of the things that must be taken into account......
No wonder my former was a pilot: the passion for flight can be a really sticky glue! And it’s unusual for an outsider to understand what it means!

Your former was a pilot, huh!?!    HA HA HA!!  No wonder you like Chicken Wings so much!!  ;D
Does he remind you of Chuck ?  ;)  ;D

btw: what is WIP?
is this another aviation term I don't know about?

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 10:11:30 PM »

Your former was a pilot, huh!?!    HA HA HA!!  No wonder you like Chicken Wings so much!!  ;D
Does he remind you of Chuck ?  ;)  ;D

btw: what is WIP?
is this another aviation term I don't know about?

Oh gosh! I'm the only one using it?!? Work In Progress! I think that it could be used in Radio.

About your question, quite difficult...let's say that the first never used any...............shallow approach!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 10:16:44 PM »
Teh heh!
That's how he eventually became your "former", right?!
Chuck never get's that far  ;)

Maybe he'll get lucky one day (in the third book maybe  ???  :o )

fireflyr

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 11:26:18 PM »

Oh gosh! I'm the only one using it?!? Work In Progress! I think that it could be used in Radio.

About your question, quite difficult...let's say that the first never used any...............shallow approach!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

"Shallow approach"   I don't know if I even want to find out what that means but it sounds like one of Chuck's opening lines in a bar. ::)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 08:13:12 AM »
"Shallow approach"   I don't know if I even want to find out what that means but it sounds like one of Chuck's opening lines in a bar. ::)

It is actually. And it's quite proved that if you just do not use this kind of approach, you can be veeeery successful!  ;) ;) ;)

fireflyr

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 08:52:39 AM »

It is actually. And it's quite proved that if you just do not use this kind of approach, you can be veeeery successful! ;) ;) ;)

Well then, my little turtle dove," shall we have a Madeira, my dear, my intentions are perfectly clear?"  (from an old lecher's poem-quoted by WC Fields)

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 09:12:03 AM »
WC Fields... classy... ;D  |:)\ ::) :D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »
Well then, my little turtle dove," shall we have a Madeira, my dear, my intentions are perfectly clear?"  (from an old lecher's poem-quoted by WC Fields)

an approach like this and you can approach any woman!! and no chuck final to the story!  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 01:50:10 PM by happylanding »