Author Topic: You, read this! Yeah, you!  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
You, read this! Yeah, you!
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:59:55 PM »
Thank you guys!!

I just wanted to use the opportunity to thank all of you awesome forum members here! I went around several forums to try and promote our website... Posting in a view, seeing the replies and looking at other threads there made me realize what an awesome forum culture we have here!

I mean the stuff that goes on at other places is just ridiculous... The ratio of serious (or seriously funny) replies to trolls slinging around four letter words is about 1:20. And I know that that's normal on the internet, but I don't hang around in other forums that much, so I still was kinda taken aback. And after feeling frustrated, I soon felt happy instead whan I realized how special it is that our forum is not like that!

And that's due to you all! I just wanted to share that and say thank you! (we don't do that enough anyway...)  |:)\  |:)\

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: You, read this! Yeah, you!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »
DOes that mean our reward is free chickenwing gear?  ;D :) ;) ::whistle::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 09:07:30 PM »
DOes that mean our reward is free chickenwing gear?  ;D :) ;) ::whistle::

Even better! All of you won an adventure hike to China! You may start hiking tomorrow, if you like!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:07:07 PM by Stef »

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 09:13:06 PM »
Hmm I suppose thats better than a long walk off a short peir  ::thinking::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 10:29:42 PM »
Hey I've looked at other forums at times. None seem to have our type of community. No humour, or even change of subject in the middle of one. I don't think I could ever be on any other.

Cheers Mike and Stef. Beer dousing and strippers for ya!  ::drinking:: ::drinking::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 11:28:46 PM »
CW Forums-f*ck yeah!
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
I hope that the word gets out to especially young pilots with many questions that they can come here and get good info without being called a moron or people pointing out they should know the answer already. Nobody can know the answers to all of aviations questions.

I'd rather have a small forum where everybody is happy than the traffic JH or AOPA gets with people being rude to eachother all day thanks to the anonymity the internet can provide you with.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 07:13:17 AM »
Stef and Mike, thanks for having created a place like this... I haven't meet any CW members in real life but I would be happy to invite any one of you to my house for a beer. I wouldn't  do that in any other web forum.

I don't know why people have to be so rude on the web. It's so stupid and weak to hide on the other side of a screen. Chicken wings is a place where people share a passion with respect.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »
I can confirm that too Stef, and I'm a Super Moderator (Moderator for a big forum with numerous sub-forum groups) and I know what you mean, I was also a super-mod in a big racing sim forum that's now closed and I quit there since it was just ridiculous. I also agree with Mike that small and good is better than big and bothersome. Some times things just get too big, even if people behave, like the Bioware computer-game forum, 10 pages per hour when something new comes out for some of the big games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, it's just impossible to read thrue it all. When it's then like I've heard from AOPA's forum where there are also many rude people then this place just seems like heaven on earth, and that's our reward Ian |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Artoo

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 04:22:47 PM »
The forum is a combination of your wonderful Kindergarten teacher and King of the Hill.  Never feel bad for asking a question, never feel unwelcome, and there is lots of beer in the cooler in the alley.  It's why we're here.
Stay on target!

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 02:04:03 PM »
Thanks guys!

Well, I'm sure that the small size has some positive effect. Although I think we might still grow and keep our culture, if we don't grow all too quickly. I hope no-one keeps this place secret!!  ;D

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 10:31:36 AM »
I don't keep this place a secret Stef.  I'm one of your biggest fans out here!   YOU GUYS ROCK!!!  |:)\ ::bow::

I only post in two forums on the internet, this one and another which is a professional pilot forum that requires a sub.  The free forums are way too full of Trolls for me to even bother with, and I've heard so much bad stuff about AOPA's forum I've never even bothered to check the site out.  This is after being a member of AOPA for 23 years!   ::eek::

Just keep the good stuff coming, and I'll keep sending it out in emails to my pals.   |:)\

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall