Author Topic: Who will sit next to you?  (Read 9480 times)

Offline mtnman

Who will sit next to you?
« on: July 20, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »
"The only thing wrong about our cartoon is that the lady with her two children would probably not sit *next* to you, but behind you, so the kids can kick your seat from behind."

or in fornt so the kids can lean over the back of the seat in front of you and "launch" their lunch into your lap!   ::banghead:: ::complaining: ::sick::
sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday....see, there is no "someday"!

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Re: Who will sit next to you?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:00:17 PM »
"The only thing wrong about our cartoon is that the lady with her two children would probably not sit *next* to you, but behind you, so the kids can kick your seat from behind."

or in fornt so the kids can lean over the back of the seat in front of you and "launch" their lunch into your lap!   ::banghead:: ::complaining: ::sick::

Haha, right! But at least you can give them an evil eye and/or kick the seat of their parent!  ::rambo::  ;D

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:12:24 PM »
It must of been a red moon when I flew back from St Petersburg into London Heathrow in May this year when I went over with the Russian Convoy Club.  Had a good looking woman sitting beside me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ...............but most of bored her to tears while showing her the photos and telling her the stories   :( :(
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 08:09:47 PM »
Reminds me of a flight in a CRJ between 2 US cities I don't remember. For your information, I'm 6'2", 260lbs.

I'm there on my seat, waiting for everyone to board when I saw something like 15-20 young, good looking girls boarding. Must be a cheerleaders group or something like that. Jackpot.  ::unbelieveable::

Then, a huge viking with a foot long beard pass the door and enter the airplane. Guess what seat he had...  ::complaining:  It was so ridiculous we both laugh at the situation.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »
It must of been a red moon when I flew back from St Petersburg into London Heathrow in May this year when I went over with the Russian Convoy Club.  Had a good looking woman sitting beside me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ...............but most of bored her to tears while showing her the photos and telling her the stories   :( :(

Wow! Cherish that moment, I doubt it will happen to you again!  ;)  ;D

See, it's something so rare that you remember it when it happens!  ;D

Reminds me of a flight in a CRJ between 2 US cities I don't remember. For your information, I'm 6'2", 260lbs.

I'm there on my seat, waiting for everyone to board when I saw something like 15-20 young, good looking girls boarding. Must be a cheerleaders group or something like that. Jackpot.  ::unbelieveable::

Then, a huge viking with a foot long beard pass the door and enter the airplane. Guess what seat he had...  ::complaining:  It was so ridiculous we both laugh at the situation.

Hahaha, let me guess, the staff at the check in counter were female and probably had pity for those girls!  ;D  ;D

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 09:33:24 AM »
so any stories Stef? lol :P
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 07:14:52 AM »
Being the father of two young children, I can attest to the embarrasement I have experienced when they misbehave on a flight.  Herewith, I publically apologize for the misbehavior of my children when they were younger and I could not prevent them from crying and raising hell on transatlantic flights.

The last time my wife went to Russia with our two children they were around 2 years old and maybe 5 months.  To this day I do not know how she did it on her own, but she did.  I was told that my oldest child literally did NOT sleep for THREE DAYS!!!  She finally collapsed while walking down a street with her Babushka in her home town.  God rest her soul...

Some parents actually try to keep their children under control, but it is impossible due to the extenuating circumstances AND the fact that there is so much distraction for the children that verbal warnings to them do no good.  The parents cannot spank them in public without calling attention to themselves, so the little darlings can get away with murder while in the cheap seats.

RC
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 07:19:34 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 03:05:06 PM »
I'd go with D, the hippie.
I'm used to hanging out with them, and some say I am one  :P
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline The_Muppet

• Fledgling
    • wildlandphotos
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
I'd go with D, the hippie.
I'm used to hanging out with them, and some say I am one  :P
This.

Offline Louis

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 04:47:25 AM »
I *so* thought about this comic thursday morning. Two flights to get from Montreal to Detroit at the last minute. It's 0630, I've been at the airport for three hours, and up since 0245, after a very short night.

The reason for all this hoopla: I have to go deep into Michigan's Lower Peninsula to pick up and ferry a 172 back for an import to Canada.

The plan: catch up on as much sleep as possible.

First one, I sit down next to a lady with an infant on her lap. The little parasite was wriggling and crying a whole lot, thus leading to think to myself: "Is this going to be the *expletive* flight from hell or what?"

>:D I seriously pondered the idea of sending a note up front that would have said something along the lines of: "Please increase cabin altitude to 12000' if SOPs and safety allow."

No such thing turned out to be necessary as the baby in question slept most of the flight, as did I.

Second flight I was lucky, got a lady fitting the description of B in the comic.

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 05:07:18 AM »
My experience was a little different. The lady I sat next to was a B, but was half white, half black. I was an active duty U.S. Marine at the time. It was much easier to shave my head than have to get a haircut from someone with clippers every week.

For the first part of the flight, I had to explain to her why I don't hate black people.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 03:38:42 PM »
I just got back from a flight where I was sitting next to a B and I was all happy that lady C was sitting 8 rows ahead of me. Well, the C-kid had a very strong voice and after literally a whole hour of screaming (wasn't a baby, more like a 1 1/2 year old....bigger lungs), lady decided to walk up and down the isle with him to calm him down.
Which he didn't . . . . but that way EVERYBODY on the aircraft was able to have the pleasure of getting an ear-full as she was walking by.  ::complaining: ::loony::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 03:43:23 PM »
My experience was a little different. The lady I sat next to was a B, but was half white, half black. I was an active duty U.S. Marine at the time. It was much easier to shave my head than have to get a haircut from someone with clippers every week.

For the first part of the flight, I had to explain to her why I don't hate black people.

This reminds me of a similar story. I flew home once with my blue flight jacket (cause it's so warm and pretty much the only warm jacket I own). And everywhere in London and then Frankfurt, I got searched, "randomly selected", put in a special line and so on.
I couldn't figure out what's going on since I believe I don't look like a terrorist (nor like an old lady which they always pick in order not to profile)....

I found out later that there is a big Skin-Head gang in Europe who's gang sign is a blue flight jacket. So here is the blond guy with the blue eyes and fairly short hair with a flight jacket.....

I put it in my luggage on the way back to the States......

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »

This reminds me of a similar story. I flew home once with my blue flight jacket (cause it's so warm and pretty much the only warm jacket I own). And everywhere in London and then Frankfurt, I got searched, "randomly selected", put in a special line and so on.
I couldn't figure out what's going on since I believe I don't look like a terrorist (nor like an old lady which they always pick in order not to profile)....

I found out later that there is a big Skin-Head gang in Europe who's gang sign is a blue flight jacket. So here is the blond guy with the blue eyes and fairly short hair with a flight jacket.....

I put it in my luggage on the way back to the States......

Eh... I get searched every time I get out of the house,now less, because i cut my hair.
The police is searching me all the time for drugs, I guess that it's understandable, after all, I look like a drug user, I'm smoking hand-rolled cigarettes and have a marijuana leaf in the colors of Jamaica printed on my bag...
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 12:49:15 AM »
well, then you can't really complain I guess.....

I'd get tired of that though and buy a new bag if it was me....
maybe one that says "Chicken Wings" on it perhaps?   ;) ;D  . . . everybody loves Chicken Wings......  :P ;D