Author Topic: Mike Draws Chickens  (Read 7726 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Mike Draws Chickens
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
I do hope they are alright but sadly many aren't after the explosions last I heard :(

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 04:23:59 PM »
Hey hey hey fellas!! I'm back safe and sound!  |:)\

Thank you all for your concerns! Actually we felt qute safe in Bangkok. It's a big city so we were able to avoid the scenes of protest. Comparing to some other travellers' fates, we didn't fare all that bad. Bangkok is a great and affordable place to be stranded!

But it's certainly good to sit at my own computer again and not be banned from my own forum!! (by myself too!!). And what's even better is that I still HAVE a computer!  :D  Because while we were away, some inconsiderate fellow human beings robbed our place!!!  ::complaining:  ::complaining:  >:(  >:( Luckily there wasn't much to steal here and they didn't make too much of a mess, didn't do much damage and left my workspace untouched!

So, got some catching up to do... Talk to you later!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »
Stef, glad to hear you made it home safe and sound.   |:)\  Sorry to hear your place was robbed.   ::complaining:  Makes ya want to go  ::rambo:: on the perps, doesn't it?

Anyway, I look forward as usual to all that the two of you put out.

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 07:04:22 PM »
Great to hear you're back safe and sound  ::wave:: Sorry about your home though, but at least the damage wasn't as great as it could've been.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »
Good to hear that you are back safe and sound Stef  :D :) ::drinking:: , not good hearing about your home though  :( :( :(
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 05:33:10 AM »
Stef!!!  SO SO glad you made it home alright -- yea!!  Sure sorry to hear about the burglary -- what a drag!!  People are just idiots sometimes...    >:(  But you are fine and that's what counts!   ;D

And, apparently your brother DOES have some of your artistic abilities -- these strips are great!!  I about fell over when I saw the first one -- you'd better watch out, or Mike will abandon fires and bucket work for drawing cool chickens....    ;)    ;D     :D

Thanks for keeping us posted on your adventures, and thanks Mike for the cool strips!!    ::bow::

:D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »
Heh heh, thanks guys!  ::wave::
...But Thailand does have some political issues and demonstrations going on so they can't rome around too freely. I can really feel for him since I was stuck in my hotel room in Mexico as well for 4 weeks until recently.....
Yes, we do have some ::rambo:: "political issues" in México as well...Where are you staying now, Mike? I like the B&W strips, reminds me of CW origins  |:)\
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:27:19 PM by YanLú »

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 03:37:46 PM »
Hey hey hey fellas!! I'm back safe and sound!  |:)\

...But it's certainly good to sit at my own computer again and not be banned from my own forum!! (by myself too!!). And what's even better is that I still HAVE a computer!  :D  Because while we were away, some inconsiderate fellow human beings robbed our place!!!  ::complaining:  ::complaining:  >:(  >:( Luckily there wasn't much to steal here and they didn't make too much of a mess, didn't do much damage and left my workspace untouched!..
I don't know in your location, but here in México we NEVER leave a house alone: it's a free invitation for thieves! You need a House Sitter (relative or close friend) when you are traveling around  |:)\

Your brother did an excellent job covering your absence ::bow::  ::wave::

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
I dont think it is much of a concern usually in Vienna...

Though I have seen a funny little thing for when are you away a longer time... lits your lights up randomly as so if you were home...

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 09:22:08 AM »
I dont think it is much of a concern usually in Vienna...

Though I have seen a funny little thing for when are you away a longer time... lits your lights up randomly as so if you were home...

You're right, usually Vienna is a safe place! Or at least I thought so. Never had ANYthing happen to me until last year. Now, just within the last half year, they've smashed my car window (just for fun obviously), stolen my bike, broke into my car and stole my wife's bag, robbed our place, robbed at least two other apartments in the house we live in... and a couple of weeks ago my wife's cousin got mugged, beaten up and robbed at the street, something which I never heard of in my circle of family and friends.

Well, I don't know if it's just a glitch in my personal statistics, but I'm starting to get a bit concerned!  ::thinking::

By the way, Fabo, we had a radio and a lamp on timers, and our neighbors took care of the mail etc... Obviously didn't help! They robbed us before our plane even touched ground in Bangkok!  ::silly:: Fortunately no one told us, so we could still really enjoy our trip!  :)

Gonna buy and install a new lock today...

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
That suggests somebody knew you were off... so you say two other appartments in the house have been broken into? ::thinking:: Ill leave that to Polizei to consider.