Author Topic: What does TFR means?  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
What does TFR means?
« on: April 01, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »
Like in this sentences:

President Obama Imposes Nationwide TFR

Thu, 01 Apr '10
"I've Got A Boeing, And I'm Not Afraid To Use It," President Says

ANN April 1st Special Edition: The FAA has imposed a nationwide TFR until further notice at the request of President Barack Obama. The President, embarking on a campaign to pump up poll numbers for the recently-passed health care legislation, said he might need to travel just about anywhere on a moment's notice.

Click HERE for details>
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:17:32 PM by YanLú »

Offline Artoo

Re: What does TFR means?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »
Man I hate April Fools Day!  ::complaining:  TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction)
Stay on target!

Offline Jean Loup

• Cockerel
  • born under an obnoxious star
    • jean, the barefooted D.i.Y'er
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 04:35:58 PM »
Man I hate April Fools Day!  ::complaining:  TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction)
|:)\ thank you, I am not familiar with this initials only fashion ::banghead:: in Spanish language we have the same ::rambo:: plague! (And in French as well ::knockedout:: )

::wave::

Offline Artoo

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »
The crummy thing is that I fell for the headline, until I figured out what day it was (April 1st is April Fools Day for our international readers) . . . although I wouldn't put it past him >:D
Stay on target!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 05:09:50 AM »
I like it -- the whole country!  Why not??!?   :D

It couldn't be much worse than Cheney and his idiotic "float trips"...   ::loony::    maybe he's in THIS drainage, maybe he's in THAT drainage...   ::) 

Oh, and by the way, the TFR will MOVE DOWNHILL as the raft trip progresses.....    ::loony::

Talk about a navigation challenge...    ::whistle::

::banghead::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 12:55:24 PM »

Oh, and by the way, the TFR will MOVE DOWNHILL as the raft trip progresses.....    ::loony::

Talk about a navigation challenge...    ::whistle::

::banghead:: [/color]

Ahhh---the Jackson Hole Jive, been there done that one... ::drinking:: ::drinking::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Artoo

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 05:30:51 PM »
Oh, and by the way, the TFR will MOVE DOWNHILL as the raft trip progresses..... 

It could just be me, but it seems like this sort of TFR would really have the opposite effect of it's intention which is to protect the former veep.
Stay on target!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 09:00:06 PM »
No, it used to just follow him down the canyon...  what a PAIN...  pretty silly, really!!     ::loony::

Yeah, G-Man, I know how much fun you've had in that neck of the woods, too...  the worst time I had trying to avoid his house was one day when a huge column was coming up from a fire down in the valley floor, and on the OTHER side was a huge, black CB throwing out strikes like crazy.....      ::sweat::

We were sneaking in between the two, and right smack ahead was his house....  fortunately at the last minute, dispatch finally informed us the column was actually a new start, so, had no TFR, so we went over and sucked up to the edge of it, to miss his house-TFR.   

Of course, he probably has anti-aircraft guns in HIS yard..  I'll take a smoke column anyday over that.    ::banghead::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
They actually let me go through the edge of it once due to weather....it helped I was on a 1255 squawk code though, (which I keep on all the time on contract).
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 09:33:16 PM »
Ha ha, yeah, that stays in the box ALL summer with us, too.....

:)