Author Topic: AOPA Videos - Wire strikes  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
AOPA Videos - Wire strikes
« on: March 29, 2010, 03:12:04 AM »
We all make mistakes.  Most of the time, we fly away from them

Sometimes we don't
http://www.aopa.org/aopalive/?category=latestcontainer&watch=V1Mmk4MTpXN7h00NgfJFO8NhsnhULsvw

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: AOPA Videos - Wire strikes
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 04:41:40 AM »
This is a cool video based upon the two day course--(Yep, believe it or not, there is a whole 2 day course, broken into two halfs). I just the first day back in January---it is now required in order to fly on any PG & E powerlines. The instructors of the course are featured in the video.

The company I work for does a whole bunch of powerline work---as does Mike's company.

I believe EVERY pilot should at the very least watch this video.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: AOPA Videos - Wire strikes
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 02:42:57 PM »
I just did this course (did one out of the two parts) this winter at HAI. I can really recommend it!!  |:)\
What an eye-opener! I was like  ::eek:: ::eek:: the whole time!
It's also for crew members, not just for pilots. Basically everybody who is part of CRM and the course taps a lot into CRM issues not just the wire environment. It also teaches some human factors and topics like that. Very good course! One of the best I've done so far. (and I have done a lot of courses in my life)

I think this should be a course for every pilot while working on his commercial ticket. I was kinda shocked afterwards that I was the first one to take this course in our company and I flew for over 7000hrs without that course.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.