Author Topic: Av Web Great News Site  (Read 4194 times)

Offline C310RCaptian

Av Web Great News Site
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:26:28 PM »
For many years now I have subscribed to the Avweb Aviation News source. I find it to be one of the best ways to keep up on all things aviation. The "AV Flash" Comes out twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays) and covers a range of topics.Some of them have been discussed a lot here in the fourms. Because it comes out so often you stay on top of the news unlike news week or the major magazines. It’s kind of like AOPA's Email service only I believe its better. Personal choice though. I suggest anyone who likes to stay on top of aviation subscribe.....ITS FREE!!!!  Yea free... any pilot can afford that...hopefully. O and the Monday issues have controller/pilot exchanges.... like this one

There's a club for that, too...

An exchange overheard between an Australian charter company and ATC. The company was in mid-April flying a DC-3 carrying a wedding party at 2000 feet over Sydney harbour while the nuptials took place. The flight's pilot made sure ATC was aware and ready to coordinate a return to the airport...

DC-3: ...and, Sydney, we'll soon be finished with the ceremony and looking for a higher altitude for the return.

[Soon after]

DC-3: (Identifies self) ... So that's it. She does, he does, and that much is done.

ATC: Very well.

[Pause]

You're cleared for the return at 5280 feet. (Laughing) And tell them to make it snappy.

Hope you enjoy!!!

www.Avweb.com
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:36:45 PM by Stef »

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Re: Av Web Great News Site
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 08:36:17 PM »
Sorry, C310RCaptian, I moved this topic here to the section where all the links should go (unless it's a video or something related to a discussion etc...).

It's true that the site is great! Be sure to check out the "Skywritings" section if you go there!  ;D 8)

Offline C310RCaptian

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »
no problem should have put it there anyway.. sorry bout that.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 05:44:38 AM »
Yeah, do it....DO IT....check out the "Skywritings" section!!!  ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.