Author Topic: Virgin America 'Fly Girls' will take to airwaves  (Read 7037 times)

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
Virgin America 'Fly Girls' will take to airwaves
« on: February 26, 2010, 11:40:03 PM »

The Cast of "Fly Girls," left to right: Tasha, Louise, Mandy, Nikole and Farrah. (PRNewsFoto/Virgin America)

Virgin America flight attendants soon will take to the air in a different way -- "Fly Girls," a new documentary TV series on The CW network -- the network and carrier announced Friday.

The series "takes a 360-degree look at the airline's flight crew as they live their lives at 500 mph," according to a news release. It is scheduled to debut on The CW on March 24, but will show a premiere on a Virgin America flight to Las Vegas, while the "Fly Girls" serve such cocktails as "VeeVa La Fly Girls" by VeeV Acai Spirit.

The flight will be followed by a red carpet launch party at Lagasse's Stadium at The Palazzo Las Vegas, featuring flight-gear-clad waiters and voting on who will be the most "talked about" Fly Girl.

"The idea behind Virgin America is to reinvent the experience of flying with beautifully designed mood-lit cabins, incredible guest service and a hip, sophisticated vibe that today's travelers are looking for," Porter Gale, Virgin America's vice president of marketing, said in the release. "We're thrilled to work with The CW to show how our in-flight teammates are re-writing the script and bringing the style and fun back to flying."

Kristen Vadas, The CW's senior vice president, alternative programming, said: "This show is about real women who happen to have landed on a very different career path. It chronicles the places they go, the guests they meet and their lives together."

To celebrate the show, Virgin has launched a "Primetime Fare Sale" that includes fares such as $49 between San Francisco and Los Angeles and $110 from New York to L.A.

We now return you to real life.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/archives/195927.asp?source=pimail

Offline The_Muppet

• Fledgling
    • wildlandphotos
Re: Virgin America 'Fly Girls' will take to airwaves
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »
Sounds like we should probably travel by Virgin from now on, doncha think Mike?...

The CW network

Woah!  Chicken Wings has a TV network?   ::bow::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 06:24:32 PM »
Dont you know the CW crew are trying to expand into Global Domination, look how many languages the strip is translated into now  ;)
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 09:50:14 PM »
Sounds like we should probably travel by Virgin from now on, doncha think Mike?...

The CW network

Woah!  Chicken Wings has a TV network?   ::bow::

I'll talk to Steve to see if he can get us an account!  ;)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 03:32:04 AM »
Not that airline again... 

Here's hoping they go the way of skybus sooner rather than later.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 04:02:04 AM »

They do have some "horny wenches" working for them though.....
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 09:09:51 PM »
C'mon, G, you can't leave us hanging here....

and besides, isn't that kind of in The Department of Redundancy Department??  "horny wenches"??

;D

;D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »

They do have some "horny wenches" working for them though.....

Wow that must be awsome to have stewardess' like that. Up here they seem to pick the best of the old-folks home.
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 04:03:29 AM »
Come on people.
You have to look at this from all angles before taking your position.

The CW orders naughty flight attendent reality show

The CW announced a midseason reality show called "Fly Girls" that chronicles the lives of flight attendants on Virgin America.

“This show is about real, down-to-earth young women who happen to have landed in an exceptionally glamorous, high-flying career filled with exotic locations and handsome strangers,” said Kristen Vadas, senior vp of alternative -- in an lol quote that seems like something from a job recruiter for TWA circa 1964.

Vadas continues: “We’re thrilled to be working with Virgin America for this unique peek into a whirlwind lifestyle that shows how tough it is to be grounded when you work 35,000 feet in the air."

Eight half-hour episodes have been ordered that follow "five beautiful Virgin America flight attendants ... pursuing good times, great parties, adventure and love."

“Since Virgin America launched, we’ve reinvented the experience of flying with beautifully designed mood-lit cabins, concierge-like service and a hip, sophisticated vibe that today’s travelers are looking for,” said Porter Gale, Vice President of Marketing at Virgin America.  “We’re thrilled to work with the CW to show how our in-flight teammates are re-writing the script and bringing the style and fun back to flying.”

Why, they're practically making these flights sound like brothels with roasted peanuts.

The show is planned for midseason. But the way "Melrose Place" and "Beautiful Life" are performing, that could be fairly soon.

Show is produced by Collins Avenue Productions, repped by APA. Jeff Collins (“Bridezilla 3, 4 & 5,” “The Exterminators”) created the show and will exec produce with Colin Nash (“The Hills,” “The City”). Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige, who will also serve as co-executive producers on the project.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 04:46:04 AM »
Shoot, couldn't they have gotten that camera just a little closer to the FA's heels for that shot!?!?!?  ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::whistle::

I'm disappointed.  I see raunchier stuff than that on Nick at Night.   ::drinking::

In all seriousness, I was reading on another forum that RB went along with this in order to help Virgin America with some free advertising.  They've been in operation for a while now and have yet to show a profit.  Very tough times for a start up airline, so they'll try anything in order to get a competitive edge drawing paying passengers.

I still wonder why they had go get so cheesy though.  This seems to come straight out of the "Coffee, Tea, or Me" mindset from 40 years ago.  There's nothing glamourous dealing with the airline passengers of today.   ::banghead::

RC
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:49:01 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall